Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took the mickey regarding Saad last week. It was a bit tongue in cheek.
If we are into him, ill trust the club. Disposal can always be improved.
He needs to learn how to manage his run and carry better, when he gets a full head of steam he makes poor decisions.

Hopefully he won't cost too much, but who knows with Dodoro

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
We know with Dodoro
It will be an unmittigated cluster f@#k

Saad would be wasted cap space for us. We have enough rebounding defenders.

I don't think the difference between Markov and Saad is big enough to effect our premiership chances.

Well he would suit our chaos style with his bursts off half back & his hit & miss kicking. I’m not totally against getting him , would prefer Crouch if I had to choose though out of the 2

I live in Albury & I can tell you I’m always driving down for games & concerts etc , where as I could count on one hand the amount of times I’ve driven to Sydney over the last 5 years.

When driving it’s a big weekend up & back to Sydney where the Melbourne trip sometimes do it up & back on the same day.
I get where you are coming from though.
Yep.I could drive the Hume with my eyes shut. ;)
But yeah even a trip Alb to Melb to visit your sister of visa versa means it'll be more than just a day trip anyway.Likewise Alb to Syd.

We don't need him
Agree, don’t think we need him either just commenting on the lack of talk surrounding him, compared to the start of the season

If Saad played for us, most supporters would be creaming themselves over his run and carry and defensive efforts. Take the blinkers off, he is a gun.

Add Saad to our team and he would look even better than he does now. Would also allow us to move a Baker or Short to a wing where their footskills could do even more damage.

Obviously the cost could be an issue, but at the right price, he would suit our game style beautifully. Is also a quality citizen like our very won running HB Houli

Agree, don’t think we need him either just commenting on the lack of talk surrounding him, compared to the start of the season
I don’t think any of us were predicting Balta’s development at the beginning of the season it’s been off the chart.
Then there’s the Rance- will he or won’t he play next year.

I reckon we’ll make our next big play for a kpf/kpb, when JR hangs up the boots. Unless of course CJ, Miller etc have become regulars

I don’t think any of us were predicting Balta’s development at the beginning of the season it’s been off the chart.
Then there’s the Rance- will he or won’t he play next year.

I reckon we’ll make our next big play for a kpf/kpb, when JR hangs up the boots. Unless of course CJ, Miller etc have become regulars
Agree.Keep our powder dry this year until we can afford someone via FA.Keep our options open on what kind but generally i prefer we use FA on a KP.
Let the other side do the hard work and we cash in on his prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.Keep our powder dry this year until we can afford someone via FA.Keep our options open on what kind but generally i prefer we use FA on a KP.
I agree first objective must be to re sign priority players next year, and there’s several , then we will be in much clearer position what’s left in the can, every year pretty good players come available if you have coin in the tpp , as they say in the classics worry about next year next year but don’t strangle our tpp now meaning we will need to spill a good player or two this time next year

Last edited:
If Saad played for us, most supporters would be creaming themselves over his run and carry and defensive efforts. Take the blinkers off, he is a gun.

Add Saad to our team and he would look even better than he does now. Would also allow us to move a Baker or Short to a wing where their footskills could do even more damage.

Obviously the cost could be an issue, but at the right price, he would suit our game style beautifully. Is also a quality citizen like our very won running HB Houli

Spot on, well said

Saad is a gun and would look amazing in our system.... id absolutely love it if we got him (at the right price of course)

What’s Luke Parker’s contract situation?
Always rated him highly, might be surplus for Sydney now with their kids coming through, maybe worth a look?

Ah yes, I always love the 'Luke Parker to Richmond' trade rumour on the last day of trade week. Every year.

Yer we have JR and Dave A in the twilight of their careers.
Balta looks a lock, our other kp players still speculative.
We’ll most likely need to invest in a ready to go kp forward/back sometime in the next 24 months

Nothing more then us asking the Question.

Essendon "Graham is out of Contracted we may be interested"
Richmond "Should Graham decide to go we think Saad could suit our game plan"

I believe it's nothing more than that. We are not chasing Saad it's more based on us finding out what we can obtain in return from Essendon should Graham leave us for the scum.

[
Keep our powder dry tigers unless an under 23 potential gun is available

Richmond are on the verge of winning three flags in four years.

Why focus on young players? If they want to 'top up', now would seem a pretty good time. (?)

There is arugably suffice youth in the team currently ; Baker. Graham. Short. Rioli. Etc.

I still think we need another KPD to target in the draft, or via trade/FA, unless Miller suddenly comes on. Grimes and Astbury are 29, probably got a couple more good years left in them.

We've got an Academy kid that's meant to be good. But only 192 cm last year. No idea if he has grown or if he's moving to be genuine AFL quality. If he grows and the club reckons he's worth while then that's a great pick up for us.

Saad would be wasted cap space for us. We have enough rebounding defenders.

I don't think the difference between Markov and Saad is big enough to effect our premiership chances.

I'm hoping to God that Dodoro is true to form and asks for a kings ransom and we are forced to say no. So don't want to waste our trade capital and salary cap on someone we simply don't need. Getting a clearance beast yes or perhaps improving our draft position as Riewoldt is almost done and this draft has supposedly multiple high quality kp prospects. Unless we are addressing an essential need lets stick to the draft, we don't want to become another Hawthorn post 3peat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back