Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:

can you imagine if we ended up getting hollands at 1 and philips dropped to 8 in the draft.

schoenberg, jones, hollands and philips in the midfield. we'd be smashing sides for the next 10 years lol.

it’s interesting reading supporters views at this early stage in what are for us unchartered depths in the off season with the picks and assets we have. Personally I feel the Crows have a genuine mulligan this year to make up for our 2018 draft, which promised so much and ended up being such a disappointment. it’s not often in life that this happens so this becomes absolutely the most important off season in the clubs history. Here are a couple of my thoughts for what they are worth.

Brad Crouch. I have heard of interest from Port, Essendon, Geelong, Sydney, Saints and North. If this is true then we absolutely will end up with pick 2 as this much competition is exactly what we need. I would think in fact, from the language coming from him and our club, that this is already happening.

Rory Atkins. Obviously already has a great contract in front of him so getting pick 21 at least seems assured.

Talia. Wonderful club man and player and it pains me to do it, but if we can get pick 7 from Essendon, then at this stage of our list management and with the really good young options in the wings, we would be mad not to do it.

Matt Crouch. No idea what the interest is but if we could get a 2021 1st for him from North say, even if we give up a 2nd or 3rd next year, then this is also a no brainer. Matt tries his heart out but his kicking is just killing the development of our Young forwards.

not sure why we would be looking at Hately to Graham tbh. We didn’t want Hately 2 years ago when we could get him and he has underachieved since then, and Graham is brave and a great leader but his production just isn’t there. The draft this year is really good, especially some of the SA kids, so we should put all our eggs in that basket.

contrary to some opinions there absolutely is a deal with the Bulldogs to be done. If we give them an upgrade on the points for pick 14ish and promise not to bid on 1 and 2 then they would be mad not to do it. In fact at present they don’t have enough points with all their picks combined to match a bid at pick 1 So it is probably them banging our door down.

a deal with Geelong to move up must also be a possibility if Tanner Bruhn is still on the board at 7 or 9, as they aparently love him. 12 and 17 for 7/9 seems high but with 4 high picks this year and list sizes shrinking I could see them doing it.

with all the above I can honestly see us going to the draft with 7 picks in the top 21 (1, 2, 7, 12, 17, 21 and 22), and 2 high picks and salary cap room next year to get amongst the Murley and Hornes of next year, as well as maybe have a go at a Rankine or Daniel. we can honestly build a fantastic team long term with this approach when you think of the brilliant young talent we have already.

as for the draft, as much as I love Tillthorpe, the amazing development of Himmelberg means that McDonald is the obvious option. With JJ and Gov gone , Tex and Lynch nearly finished and the question marks over Fog, a key forward is a must and if you really look, he is the only real option. Also an 18yo KPP being chosen in a league comps team of the year is Simply amazing. Not sure that would have ever been achieved before and we actually have the chance to get him, I can’t believe it. Holland’s is the other one who could be anything, 2 sided, balanced, skillfull with a brilliant kick and a great size. Wow. I would love to see us end up with:

1. McDonald
2. Hollands
7. Phillips/Macrae
12. Brayden Cook
17. Tom Powell
21. Caleb Poulter
22. Kaine Baldwin
later. Borlase, Edwards and Newchurch.

great key forwards and the makings of one of the best midfields in the comp with Schoenberg and Laird added.
all sounds good but the dogs trade is so speculative, their pick could be 19 and you end up trading couple of picks in 20s for 18 or 19 makes no sense. sydney is the better trade partner, probably moving what would be 9 after bcrouch compo to 5 IMO

not taking two ACL players. we need hollands we don’t need baldwin.

So all clubs should let Essendon be absolute pricks when you are trying to trade a player in from them, but act fairly when they want one of your players. Yeh that sounds like a good idea...
How has it helped Essendon? Who gives a * about them. Do the trade or don't do it, but no reason to be a knob, even if the other guy has been.

These PlayStation trades are already doing my head in, can you guys be somewhat realistically?
I think it's good that people are suggesting trades, but I also think it's good if we point out when they are unrealistic.

We don't need to be dicks, but Essendon aren't trading pick 6 for Talia, say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's good that people are suggesting trades, but I also think it's good if we point out when they are unrealistic.

We don't need to be dicks, but Essendon aren't trading pick 6 for Talia, say.
That wasnt what the earlier poster stated.

It was Pick 8 and Talia for Pick 6 or something along those lines.

check the rumor no comment thread..someone posted we have a 4 year deal on the table for brandon parfitt..so could see it being a deal less than band 1 for Crouch then a trade for B Crouch for Parfit and maybe some shuffling of picks (ie their pick 11 for our 20)
Or we give them pick 20 for Parfitt which frees up more space in their salary cap and they offer brad more money which makes pick 2 compo a certainty... and allows Geelong to hold onto all their first rounders...

LOGAN MCDONALD HIGHLIGHTS | 2020 AFL DRAFT PROSPECT

Thanks.

The best thing I loved about these highlight packages, is how good they make a player look.:think:

Here is an example of what looks like Browlow medalist in the making.

The best thing I like about Mackay is that he has kept the same body that he had when he was 17. :drunk:

Or we give them pick 20 for Parfitt which frees up more space in their salary cap and they offer brad more money which makes pick 2 compo a certainty... and allows Geelong to hold onto all their first rounders...
Parfitt is a decent little player. Would be happy to trade for him - at the right price. He's only 22 as well, so still plenty of upside.

Thanks.

The best thing I loved about these highlight packages, is how good they make a player look.:think:

Here is an example of what looks like Browlow medalist in the making.

The best thing I like about Mackay is that he has kept the same body that he had when he was 17. :drunk:

he was bigger at 24 than he is now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back