List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Duffield reporting that lists are likely to be “38 primary, 4 regular rookies + 2 NGA rookies allowed per club.”

by my count we currently have
  • 1 Cat B (Thomas)
  • 1 Regular Rookie (Tobe)
  • 37 on the primary list (With Mundy, Schultz, Bewley and Banfield all on the primary list and uncontracted)
Yeah and i also heard on some podcast or another that there will be an option of 40 main list and 2 rookies too.

Yeah and i also heard on some podcast or another that there will be an option of 40 main list and 2 rookies too.
You would think that during this year if a club is cutting a player to then pick them up on their rookie list there is an unwritten law between clubs to not swoop in and grab the player.

Schultz has a bit of toe as well. Master of the silent takedown. We also have Switta coming back, so maybe a good time for everyone. He seems to love the club though.

You would think that during this year if a club is cutting a player to then pick them up on their rookie list there is an unwritten law between clubs to not swoop in and grab the player.
Why? If your current club wants to shunt you to the Rookie list (just a half-way house to being permanently delisted), then it would be in the player's best interests for another club to swoop in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been some talk in the media of Western Bulldogs trading their first and possibly capitalising on the likes of Adelaide, North and GWS (2 compo picks) trading up.

Once player trades and pick exchange have occurred a late first with an early second may be worthwhile...eg 18 and 27 to go with our 29
We would be in a good position too I would think.

I prefer we keep our first but unless we get another pick and points in the bank maybe we will have to trade it.

Trading Schultz and Bewley for some picks in the 40s that can be used for points on NGA bids seems like reasonable list management to me. This year or future, if future pay a premium and make it a second rounder

Who’s to say the NGA players are any better? We’ve had about 5 now and Shultz & Bewley have been much better so far.

I think we can all agree our back half will be elite, 1-3 best defence in the AFL.
Darcy has shown huge potential at his age.
Acres on a wing after a poor start, proved he is capable of 20 plus possessions per game.
Aish on the other, or half back.
But another speedy mid would be a point of difference in our rotations.
Up forward is where we will struggle the most for percentage, close games.
To really have any chance out of WA a top 4 finish is paramount, two years in a row our
feathered friends have proven that.

I think we can all agree our back half will be elite, 1-3 best defence in the AFL.
Darcy has shown huge potential at his age.
Acres on a wing after a poor start, proved he is capable of 20 plus possessions per game.
Aish on the other, or half back.
But another speedy mid would be a point of difference in our rotations.
Up forward is where we will struggle the most for percentage, close games.
To really have any chance out of WA a top 4 finish is paramount, two years in a row our
feathered friends have proven that.
Its hard to work out why we aren't scoring that well. On paper we look good up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back