Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

I was listening to SEN when Craig Jennings said that. He said quite a bit more too. He really put Gerard back in his box, it was good listening.

I was very impressed with the way he hijacked 5 mins of air time to pump up North Melbourne. Whateley would have been spewing.

I was very impressed with the way he hijacked 5 mins of air time to pump up North Melbourne. Whateley would have been spewing.
Definitely wasnt on Gerheads agenda. Quite annoyed he was. Took away valuable time from his beloved Cats and how great Gaz is.

You could argue our rebuild started in 2016.
Simpkin -73 games
Larkey-29 games
Zurhaar-44 games

LDU- 30 games
TT- 26 games

Then this lot haven't had enough exposure, but the signs are promising .
Scott- 17 games
McKay- 15 games
Taylor-11 games
Mahony- 10 games
Hayden- 9 games
Perez-3 games

Then cross everything and back in the great white hope Comben . Will be one to watch during the pre-season. 199cm and 82 kg's . Let's hope he can stack on some weight.

And yes McKay was 2015 draft but is the only survivor, in my book it doesn't really scream rebuild.

And I've left off both EVW and W. Walker, I've not great hopes for either, would love to be wrong. I think Corr 195cm 97kg's is a much better option than 190cm 86kg's EVW.
Bonar- I not really sure?

So that gives us 12 youngsters & Corr (plus 2 top ten picks-You'd like to think with out recent drafting that we'll nail those picks.) that suit the modern game, whether smarts, pace and or flair.

The footy world may not realise it but our rebuild is well underway. probably a bottom four finish in 2021 and then we should see us start the march up the ladder with a squad filled with pace, skill and flair. And then that's where we become an attractive option for the wandering eye of FA's.
And bam, we're fu**en back !!
That’s why I set our premiership countdown to 2023. 😉

Confident, modern day coach with old school hardness, great tactician, develops his charges and gives clear directives?..

Jarrad Schofield come on down.

PS: he also wins flags.. lots of them..

Last edited:
It’s ironic what 1 year in footy does ...
just over a year ago I felt The appointment of Rhys (Inexperienced young coach ) with the current list at the time was a perfect decision.
Now A year & but later , I feel we need a mentor type bigger name experienced coach with the current list 😂

My favourite part was how he wasn’t even asked.

We need to appoint a permanent coach. Why tread water for a year or two waiting for the future to arrive?

I'd love to see Jarrad Schofield get the gig if he's keen to step up. Young(ish), hungry, great record in the WAFL - his teams were always so well-drilled and organised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely wasnt on Gerheads agenda. Quite annoyed he was. Took away valuable time from his beloved Cats and how great Gaz is.

.........as soon as Jennings stopped talking long enough for Whateley to get a word in, "...........and now we'll move on to the preliminary finals, boy those tigers......................."

Sounds like Jennings is putting his hand up for work if you ask me. Perhaps not necessarily the top job, after all Choco seems open to it and I think the club would go for him or Voss.

But we got plenty of spots to fill at the coaching table.

He's already had a stint at North. Has been employed by about 4 different clubs.

I've listened to him all year and he's obviously very knowledgeable, but to me he comes across as a bit of a snake oil salesman. Uses plenty of jargon that makes him seem more intelligent and loves to bring the story back to himself.

Edit. He played for us, not coached

Would love for the club to have talks with Justin Leppitsch instead of Voss. Ample success at Tigerland, players love him and definitely would of learnt his lessons. Would love Williams in an assistant capacity I don't think he is cut out for the footy world of 2020 in a senior coach capacity.
Dont mind Leppa. Look at what he's done with the Richmond defense over the last 4 years, how he developed Rance, etc.

Thank fu**. We're already half way through it then. I'm back in with a fighting chance, old boy.

This is what a bloke like Craig Jennings would see. Poor Gerard is so far up his own arse he's blinded by his tonsils. Is it actually possible for one to completely disappear up their own arse? The possibility may make AFL 360 worth watching.
Blinded by his own tonsils...

I'm pinching that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back