List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. What particular aspect of my historical interpretation is dross? Perhaps Stokes wasn't out plumb LBW despite the review showing just that. Perhaps that strange bounce which has had many media commentators and former players still talking about it years after the event was a figment of our imaginations. Ciao!
Probably best we dont mention the run out Lyon stuffed up with less than 10 runs to win - oops, I just did!!

Well domus your particular version of history interpretation may be entertaining to some but I prefer not to pollute my mind with such dross.
Goodbye.
How many bad bounces are there in every game. It's only the last one in a close game that's remembered. I'm with you on this one. I wish people would forget it and move on. We drew fair and square and went on to win the flag. That is the history, not what could have happened.

You're focussing on when luck went our way??
If Barry Breen's wobbly kick had bounced out of bounds rather than through for a point in 1966?
If Harmes was called out of bounds in 1979? If Tarrant was paid the free in front of goals and Lynch not given the free when he staged in 2002? If Maynard was given the free for a block in 2018?
2010?? Give me a break!!
I agree. But many have argued that in a number of those games (and many you didn't mention) we had a substantial lead and yet we succumbed. That's the repeating and undeniable pattern.

I know it's a Collingwood board but why is Gunston to Collingwood talked about so much when that possibility has caused barely a ripple of conjecture in the mainstream football media that I've seen to date?

While he's a talent he's not the key position forward we are after and would be yet another medium tall option.

If we go after Gunston then I dare say that will be a sign we'll look to use de Goey primarily as midfielder in 2021 (assuming he re-signs).

You're focussing on when luck went our way??
If Barry Breen's wobbly kick had bounced out of bounds rather than through for a point in 1966?
If Harmes was called out of bounds in 1979? If Tarrant was paid the free in front of goals and Lynch not given the free when he staged in 2002? If Maynard was given the free for a block in 2018?
2010?? Give me a break!!
If Tuddy had knocked out Wes Lofts instead of Peter Mckenna
If Carman wasnt suspended & Peter Moore didnt run into the open goal & miss.
If Neil Crompton had have stayed where he was bloody well supposed to.

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...............................................

If this Logan McDonald kid is as good as a few on here are reporting then I think we put our aggots on the table and trade up the draft order and get him. All the other key forwards discussed have question marks and like Cameron I suspect already have their clubs chosen (Daniher Bris, Hogan Syd, Brown Melb etc).
My only concern with this approach is that every year there’s a “best KPF draft prospect since Riewoldt”, and none of them ever end up being more then good players. I’m all for improving our draft position, but I’m inclined to say that I’d rather use top picks on midfielders. Key position seems to be hit and miss even at the top end of the draft.

Last edited:
Probably best we dont mention the run out Lyon stuffed up with less than 10 runs to win - oops, I just did!!
But that's the very reason why that non decision was so disgraceful. I have never seen a more powerful example of mental strength in sport. Lyon has just muffed the simplest runout to win the Ashes against our ancient enemy. This was something the squad had been working toward for months with almost obsessive focus. He was absolutely devastated. The crowd was roaring. All Stokes had to do was nudge one more run, yet Lyon gathered himself in the few seconds he had before bowling his next delivery and had a man in the reddest of red hot form in his career plumb LBW. It would have become one of the most iconic moments in Australian sporting history and Lyon was robbed by a gutless umpire. What makes it even worse is I believe England had one review remaining, so he could have raised the finger and they could have had a review.

Agree with that A36, 2MP is far from the worst player going around, is gettable without breaking the bank in salary or trade and an excellent kick and in the age sweet spot. If we go this way Mason would likely be traded, you would think GWS/Essendon/North would be possibilities.
Gunston would be the key to inject something significant into our forward make up, i am hoping the silence on this one is actually a good sign. OF course we would love him to be 23 yo, but he is not old, is durable, smart, mobile and skilled.
Final piece would be a dangerous, quick small who can pressure and hit the scoreboard.
Gunstan would also be a playing coach and leader.
We have no leadership or organisation in our forwards
Wright is a big upgrade on Cox and only just getting to mature for a big guy.
Plenty of potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that's the very reason why that non decision was so disgraceful. I have never seen a more powerful example of mental strength in sport. Lyon has just muffed the simplest runout to win the Ashes against our ancient enemy. This was something the squad had been working toward for months with almost obsessive focus. He was absolutely devastated. The crowd was roaring. All Stokes had to do was nudge one more run, yet Lyon gathered himself in the few seconds he had before bowling his next delivery and had a man in the reddest of red hot form in his career plumb LBW. It would have become one of the most iconic moments in Australian sporting history and Lyon was robbed by a gutless umpire. What makes it even worse is I believe England had one review remaining, so he could have raised the finger and they could have had a review.
Speaking of reviews, if Paine hadnt burnt one on a ball that pitched 6 feet outside off stump......

Bucks last season, time to be bold. Can kelly play KPD? He was a defender at first? Hell, move him back and move Moore forward. defenders are easier to create than forwards!
But not as easy to create as monumental cockups!

I know it's a Collingwood board but why is Gunston to Collingwood talked about so much when that possibility has caused barely a ripple of conjecture in the mainstream football media that I've seen to date?

While he's a talent he's not the key position forward we are after and would be yet another medium tall option.

If we go after Gunston then I dare say that will be a sign we'll look to use de Goey primarily as midfielder in 2021 (assuming he re-signs).
And there is your answer

If this Logan McDonald kid is as good as a few on here are reporting then I think we put our aggots on the table and trade up the draft order and get him. All the other key forwards discussed have question marks and like Cameron I suspect already have their clubs chosen (Daniher Bris, Hogan Syd, Brown Melb etc).

No Team that High would not Accept any Offer

As a unique 200cm player with a huge tank I’d like to see Lynch play one more season in th VFL - we’ve put so much time into him I’d hate not to explore all options before we lose him.
I reckon Knightmare has an interesting point about trialing him as KPD
But with a demand for rucks this offseason, he provides a sweetener in trades, ie
Phillips & Lynch for Angus Brayshaw or T McDonald & jetta and late pick swaps (they're losing Preuss)
Sier & lynch for Sydney 2nd rounder

If Tuddy had knocked out Wes Lofts instead of Peter Mckenna
If Carman wasn't suspended & Peter Moore didn't run into the open goal & miss.
If Neil Crompton had have stayed where he was bloody well supposed to.

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...............................................

It was Kevin Hall that Tuddy was going at when he missed and got PMcK.

Gunstan would also be a playing coach and leader.
We have no leadership or organisation in our forwards
Wright is a big upgrade on Cox and only just getting to mature for a big guy.
Plenty of potential

Agree with the Gunston bit (highly intelligent forward who's come from a winning culture with excellent forward craft) but I can't agree with the 2MP "big upgrade on Cox"....if he was, he'd have been playing seniors all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back