List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: When will the list sizes be confirmed? Hard for clubs to trade when dunno how many players they need.

A: The AFL told list managers last week they were hoping to confirm list sizes by the start of the trade period. Clubs are very frustrated.

Some journo's think trade week is odds-on to get delayed by at least a week, possibly two weeks.

They can't start trade week without confirmation of list sizes.

Just a disgrace that the AFL allows this to be potentially manipulated by two clubs.

Makes rebuilding extremely difficult.

Throw in a Campbell bid, which I think we likely do, and we get our 5th choice...
It's crap and hopefully this gets a bit of air play and makes the AFL uncomfortable.

As for our choice, we might get our second or third choice at 5. Who knows? It'll play out and we'll get on with it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Just a disgrace that the AFL allows this to be potentially manipulated by two clubs.

Makes rebuilding extremely difficult.

Throw in a Campbell bid, which I think we likely do, and we get our 5th choice...

One tiny silver lining out of this sh*t stain of an outcome will be that the hesitation for bidding for Campbell will be removed almost entirely. If we have the fourth overall pick, we will get DGB or Campbell.

If Adelaide get pick 2 as compensation for Crouch, they will have picks 1 and 2, will bid on JUH and then it's our pick

Pick 1 - WBD Ugle-Hagan
Pick 2 - Adelaide
Pick 3 - Adelaide
Pick 4 - North
Imagine if they bid on campbell, then we'd get pick 5 🤣

From Tom Morris

Q:What will Brad Crouch's contract length and amount be? lots of conflicting reports here.
A: It's four years with a trigger for a 5th. Financial details are unclear.

I don't understand how this changes anything other than the pick number though? Even with band 1 compo we still have third pick of all open prospects.
Yeah I dont know why people are complaining outside of Brouch's comp pick. Doubt JUH, Campbell or others would be in our decision making as they are basically already locked to clubs

From Tom Morris

Q:What will Brad Crouch's contract length and amount be? lots of conflicting reports here.
A: It's four years with a trigger for a 5th. Financial details are unclear.

It could be anything from 4 x $700k to 4 x $800k. I am assuming any triggers years don't count. There'd be a fair discrepancy there in compensation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be anything from 4 x $700k to 4 x $800k. I am assuming any triggers years don't count. There'd be a fair discrepancy there in compensation.
Jay Clark reported 600 x 5 last night. In the hands of the AFL's secret herbs and spices .

I don't understand how this changes anything other than the pick number though? Even with band 1 compo we still have third pick of all open prospects.

I guess the point is really that the draft is about equalisation - The third pick of all open prospects could be Norths 5th rated u18 year old, when in reality they should have access to the 2nd rated u18 year old.

This isn’t great for the competition - Hawthorn, Sydney, Essendon will also be hit. Expect a lot of noise to come if this goes ahead.

Out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair trade?

I personally think Pick 15 or a 2021 First Rounder or 2x Second Rounders. You'll find that many oppo supporters/media don't believe he is worth that though.
Dont really care what opp supporters and the media think hew is worth. Lets hope NMFC thinks he is worth more that a crap 2nd rounder.

I'll get belted for this but IF 23 is the best we can get for BBB, i would be asking for Tom McDonald too.

Put him at FB (where he plays his best footy) and BMac at CHB. Taz to play the old Scooter/Interceptor role.

Tom MacDonald was playing some good footy in the backline until the bright sparks at GoDees decided to throw the kitchen sink at May and Lever and moved McDonald forward hoping he would magically transform into Tony Lockett..

Recruit DGB and groom him to take Taz's role in 2 years time - backline set for 10 yrs..

Yeah I dont know why people are complaining outside of Brouch's comp pick. Doubt JUH, Campbell or others would be in our decision making as they are basically already locked to clubs

This.

People complain about what number our pick comes in because of bidding.

Irrelevant people. Stop fixating on the number!

We could never access those tied players so they have never have been part of the pool we choose from.

Therefore, them being picked prior to us does not diminish our pick even though it’s a later, higher number.

We’re still choosing from the pool available to us at the beginning of the draft.

In a way - it’s better when bid on players go early. Those clubs burn higher, later picks to make up the higher pick points and drop down the draft later on.

This means our picks in the 20’s etc can go past them. Therefore, we get to choose before they can use their higher picks on untied players - thereby diminishing the pool of available players we can choose from.

This.

People complain about what number our pick comes in because of bidding.

Irrelevant people. Stop fixating on the number!

We could never access those tied players so they have never have been part of the pool we choose from.

Therefore, them being picked prior to us does not diminish our pick even though it’s a later, higher number.

We’re still choosing from the pool available to us at the beginning of the draft.

In a way - it’s better when bid on players go early. Those clubs burn higher, later picks to make up the higher pick points and drop down the draft later on.

This means our picks in the 20’s etc can go past them. Therefore, we get to choose before they can use their higher picks on untied players - thereby diminishing the pool of available players we can choose from.

True, except if Adelaide get Band 1 compo for Crouch, we lose access to the player they take with that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back