Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Which ruckman at another club would want to be traded to us to be third in line?

Ruckman change clubs to be No1 sometimes 2
We do not have a set or established ruckman. Any other club's back up/depth ruckman would think they would be able to make it to 1 at Carlton.

I mean I had never heard of Pitto before we picked him up last year

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Almost like it was intentional...

Seriously though...Setters would be fourth in the inside mid depth charts...why not?
Because we worked hard to get him a couple of years ago and it would send a horrible message to any player that we are trying to recruit that we would be prepared to jettison them if something new or shinier became available?

I think we’re okay for mature rucks. We may just go for a project ruck through the draft rather than actively seeking a mature ager.

TDK could be no 1 for us on the back of a good pre season. Pittonet is solid and Levi excellent at the fwd/ruck role.
Fair enough. If we don't trade one in, we would pick one in draft.

Casboult is 31. Has 2 years maybe? Apart from Pitto and TDK, we would rely on Harry or Jones.

Unfortunatelyl not alot after a very average season. Shop him around and see what bites is the obvious thing to do.

And nothing rational about your delusional praise of him.

Your OP is internally incoherent, and that has nothing to do with Samo's rating as a player - "this asset's value is at a low point, the obvious thing to do is to sell now".

You should quit while you're behind.

Last edited:
We do not have a set or established ruckman. Any other club's back up/depth ruckman would think they would be able to make it to 1 at Carlton.

I mean I had never heard of Pitto before we picked him up last year

Preuss was available and decided to nominate the Giants, probably as he messed up his last move something shocking, if we were on the hunt for a number 1 ruck, he would have been ideal.

I think the club is comfortable with TDKs development there otherwise we would have tried harder with Preuss

I don’t think for a second that Oliver is realistic, but if he did come, I don’t see how Setters plays unless via injury. Oliver just doesn’t make sense to me, great player but not the type we need.
Of course. I bloody love Setters, but he has multiple times the value of SPS, Dow et al, and the most easily replaced skill set. That WAR s**t has merit...

Preuss was available and decided to nominate the Giants, probably as he messed up his last move something shocking, if we were on the hunt for a number 1 ruck, he would have been ideal.

I think the club is comfortable with TDKs development there otherwise we would have tried harder with Preuss
We may not rate Preuss. Giants would be more desperate and would guarantee him the no1 spot.

The fact that B70 is saying Oliver wants to come to us, that is enough to get me really excited. If he ends up staying this year, would mean we could get him next.

I just hope the news he wants to come to us becomes public.

It’s public GP. Wants to come and gets here are two very different things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF it has got to the point that Oliver has said he wants to come to carlton, then surely assurances have been made that a deal would get done.

There would be Absolutely no reason to chase him, and supposedly have cripps help recruit him if this were not the case.

Can't have the embarrassment of a papely fiasco again this year.

However I still think it's all bs, and no chance of happening anyway.

Because we worked hard to get him a couple of years ago and it would send a horrible message to any player that we are trying to recruit that we would be prepared to jettison them if something new or shinier became available?

What’s your thoughts on Kennedy? We worked hard to get him too and to date hasn’t worked, surely we don’t ignore the chance of bringing in quality players because it pushes out ones we like?

I really rate Oliver, I just don’t see the point of getting someone like him, when we have mids like Cripps and Setters, if he did come, I don’t see Setters developing in to a winger or a half forward. If we didn’t have Gov up forward at least I could see Cripps and Setters rotating.

I don’t see how a starting midfield with Cripps, Setters, Oliver and Ed could work.

Why would that be 'the most obvious thing to do' if Carlton have no intention of trading him?

He has one average year and its "see ya" is it?

Thankfully the club know better and will keep Samo.
Unfortunatelyl not alot after a very average season. Shop him around and see what bites is the obvious thing to do.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just because there is chatter doesn’t mean it will happen. Dozens of conversations occur every trade period which ultimately end in 0. In no way should this reflect on ITKs.

Most don’t think Oliver is going.
I wasn't having a go at anyone, merely stating the timeline and content of his info is about 6-24 hours ahead of the media cycle.

IF it has got to the point that Oliver has said he wants to come to carlton, then surely assurances have been made that a deal would get done.

There would be Absolutely no reason to chase him, and supposedly have cripps help recruit him if this were not the case.

Can't have the embarrassment of a papely fiasco again this year.

However I still think it's all bs, and no chance of happening anyway.
Possibly a good post, but can't get past the random assignation of capitals. Lift man!

If we need extra cap space to fit in Oliver then Murphy needs a tap on the shoulder to retire now.

No chance he plays in the middle in front of Williams and Oliver, all his presence would do is force a young player to look elsewhere for game time ... while we nurse him through to 300 games.

He is not a small forward and is not needed on the wing ahead of Walsh, Newnes, Willo etc.

Why would that be 'the most obvious thing to do' if Carlton have no intention of trading him?

He has one average year and its "see ya" is it?

Thankfully the club know better and will keep Samo.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah makes no sense...best 22 players like SPS & Setterfield won't be traded. Setterfield just had a breakout year lol.

The only ones we'd possibly look to offload are fringe players like JSOS & Kennedy, or unproven non-best 22 kids like Stocker.

Of course. I bloody love Setters, but he has multiple times the value of SPS, Dow et al, and the most easily replaced skill set. That WAR sh*t has merit...

It’s not about value or currency for me, SPS is a different player to Setters and could play various roles and I see Dow being a lot more dynamic than Setters. My issue is the tall, not quick, distributor nature of Cripps, Oliver and Setters, I see them as all similar.

If we didn’t have Gov up forward I could see Setters playing half forward and rotate with Cripps, I don’t see that happening with what seems to be the preferred set up.

If we need extra cap space to fit in Oliver then Murphy needs a tap on the shoulder to retire now.

No chance he plays in the middle in front of Williams and Oliver, all his presence would do is force a young player to look elsewhere for game time ... while we nurse him through to 300 games.

He is not a small forward and is not needed on the wing ahead of Walsh, Newnes, Willo etc.

Are we strong enough to do what Clarkson did to Roughead?

Like it or not Murphy will be best 22 next season. I think he's deserving. There is absolutely a spot for him on the wing. I keep seeing people say Willo on the wing despite the fact we're yet to really see it...he's a defender and Teague likes a consistent back 7.

We can just about fit in Oliver anyway by reports...if we need a bit more space it would be the likes of Kennedy & JSOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back