List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rendall is certain Crouch will give them pick 2.. 4m over 5years.

Sigh.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I read heaps of the deal is non-guaranteed which is why the crows are scrambling (I heard $600k guaranteed over 4 years and up to $200k triggers on games played and 5th year triggers)

AFL sent memo to them today saying the RFA Comp - was "not designed to fully compensate club" - which is the stupid way AFL House indicates to clubs what they will de regardless of facts.

Now crows trying to up the guaranteed cash by taking on players as salary dumps etc..... will get creative

In terms of body/playing style, I see more Joe Daniher than anyone else.
This is a very good call....he is very JD in a lot of ways, marks on the lead very similar and contested marking the same right down to his set shots. I struggle with the Buddy comparisons as his kicking is nowhere near the Buddy skill level.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I read heaps of the deal is non-guaranteed which is why the crows are scrambling (I heard $600k guaranteed over 4 years and up to $200k triggers on games played and 5th year triggers)

AFL sent memo to them today saying the RFA Comp - was "not designed to fully compensate club" - which is the stupid way AFL House indicates to clubs what they will de regardless of facts.

Now crows trying to up the guaranteed cash by taking on players as salary dumps etc..... will get creative

Yer like Rendall said they will get creative and crafty.. we cant even get max value when we bottom out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a very good call....he is very JD in a lot of ways, marks on the lead very similar and contested marking the same right down to his set shots. I struggle with the Buddy comparisons as his kicking is nowhere near the Buddy skill level.

Just his movement and kicking style reminds me of a young Franklin his field kicking is also very good, already has a booming left foot at 18yrs of age.

Swans start up from the back half a lot, I agree, we will concede sh*t i50s more than other clubs, it gets the field on our terms, rope a dope.

But it's going to need more pop

Maybe, but I think having more dangerous ball users between the arcs adds more pop than anything the actual defenders. Between Dawson, Blakey, Stephens, McInerney and soon to be Campbell we should be able to transition it a lot more fluently, so that our defenders won't have to.

Just his movement and kicking style reminds me of a young Franklin his field kicking is also very good, already has a booming left foot at 18yrs of age.
He should go no 1 ... will definitely be bid on n the first 3. I saw him this year in a pre season and he draws the ball @ Oakleigh (a bit of a Buddy trait!!) His kicking for mine is his issue, gets plenty of chances just not a great kick. Kicked 0.4 in the game I saw this year. Warnambool player of the year in u/14s so lucky the Doggies spotted his talent that otherwise would of been lost to the game without the NGA!!!. Was a elite Basketballer too Iat the same age.

He should go no 1 ... will definitely be bid on n the first 3. I saw him this year in a pre season and he draws the ball @ Oakleigh (a bit of a Buddy trait!!) His kicking for mine is his issue, gets plenty of chances just not a great kick. Kicked 0.4 in the game I saw this year. Warnambool player of the year in u/14s so lucky the Doggies spotted his talent that otherwise would of been lost to the game without the NGA!!!. Was a elite Basketballer too Iat the same age.

If we had pick 1 i would have zero issue bidding on him and hope the Dogs dont match.

If we had pick 1 i would have zero issue bidding on him and hope the Dogs dont match.
If he is there you bid on him..there is no way anyone needs the 5 minutes if that is the case

If he is there you bid on him..there is no way anyone needs the 5 minutes if that is the case

If I had the number 1 pick and JUH wasn't tied to the Bulldogs, I would only need 30 seconds...

... to decide between Hollands & Phillips.

If I had the number 1 pick and JUH wasn't tied to the Bulldogs, I would only need 30 seconds...

to be fair each one of those will be a successful pick, like shooting fish in a barrel

Horrible contract if true, has struggled with injury in the past.

not even 100 games, at 27? terrible system.
looks likely st kilda open to ancillary trades to get the comp pick over the line and avoid a trade
as the gold coast and richmond did with lynch
tigers couldnt beat pick 3 appearing from nowhere but they can add to it with other moves
the saints tho seem to be putting up quality for salary cap flexibility (Dunstan, Sinclair), if they only receive a token pick like the gold coast got for like, Miles, Corey Ellis its just an even more blatant sham.

Dunstan is one that seems would be useful for us, tho so did Acres as a Dean Towers upgrade but maybe they dont rate them since we moved Hanners and jones for nothing.

Last edited:

I’m similar except I have McDonald in that top 3. Can’t lose with one of those

Adam Treloar Collingwood situation looking bad.
Gold Coast would be stupid to invest in him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back