Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Treloar situation looks to be blowing up...really poor by Collingwood to offer him an extension which goes for another 5 years which would have made Treloar feel valued and an important player, only to immediately try to offload him and push him out the door. Their salary cap squeeze issue is their own doing...contracts to Wells/Mayne/Beams have been shockers, Grundy's even is a little too much $$$ and years, and clearly they shouldn't have extended Treloar's contract in the first place.

Really poor list management.

Surely if Collingwood are pushing him out and this becomes a messy breakup, they'll have ZERO bargaining power and would have to accept even a late first rounder for him...or risk having a $900k a year player over 5 years on their list who knows the club doesn't want him and is jaded.

Treloar for $700k (Collingwood paying $200k) and a late first? I'd have a serious look at that.

Could split pick 7 and something for 2 x late 1sts, and swap one for Saad and the other for Treloar...that would be amazing value.

I wouldn't even pay a late 1st

I’ll just leave this here.

Where the f@$k has this clip been.....ok so we all just witnessed the O’Brien chase, then did anyone notice the 2nd physical tackle and then the proceeding burst out of the pack by one P DOW and to top it off my boy Polson’s running handball in the electric chain of events?? :D

A few for you all:

Treloar will not come into our plans.

Oliver 75% chance, but as I’ve said previously (maybe unnoticed) it’s going to be very difficult.

If not for Oliver, there is another on our radar which requires more work and planning (both $ and trade value).

Cain was livid the day of SOS’s outburst, but he quickly contained the issue and In case anyone is questioning his ability... Brendon Gale esk!

I agree. This is why I'm leaning to thinking that Oliver won't make to CFC because Melb will want quality in return and we may not want to give it up.

Dow is the one I am not sure about. My heart says be patient because he will be a gun but my head says the kid might be a bust and Oliver is only a few years older.
Oliver was Rising Star yr1, B&F yr 2 and AA in his 3rd. That is a real outlier of a start of a career, although Walsh is mirroring it. (Good chance of b&f this year) I think I am still in the Dow camp but needs a huge step up in output 2021.

Ricky Mott on the list management thread saying Higgins wants to go to Saints. Heard a while back Lonie May look to move, even more likely now. Someone posted last week we had enquired about Lonie. Put 2 and 2 together you get Marchbank, I mean Lonie coming, maybe.

Where the f@$k has this clip been.....ok so we all just witnessed the O’Brien chase, then did anyone notice the 2nd physical tackle and then the proceeding burst out of the pack by one P DOW and to top it off my boy Polson’s running handball in the electric chain of events?? :D

Grant Thomas did.

A few for you all:

Treloar will not come into our plans.

Oliver 75% chance, but as I’ve said previously (maybe unnoticed) it’s going to be very difficult.

If not for Oliver, there is another on our radar which requires more work and planning (both $ and trade value).

Cain was livid the day of SOS’s outburst, but he quickly contained the issue and In case anyone is questioning his ability... Brendon Gale esk!
I’m guessing the other player on our radar is wines??

Pretty sure Cox’s trigger for next season is worth 550k. Wells, Mayne, Beams and Greenwood have set them back. Overs for Grundy though I don’t mind that decision. JDG will be on a fair whack as will Moore.

They have the potential to blow up big time. The other 17 clubs shouldn’t be helping them one iota. 5 would be a poor move by GC IMO.

It's not about helping them, it's about potentially capitalising on their error forcing out a player of high calibre for which they'll have to accept unders.

I'd be open to offering a late first rounder and Collingwood paying $200k...if there's no other suitors, Collingwood would either have to accept or risk having an extremely disgruntled player eat up $900k a year of their cap.

You cant be talking about Clayton Oliver.
Yes, I would rather Oliver than Treloar. Didn't think I was Captain Kirk on that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be open to offering a late first rounder and Collingwood paying $200k...if there's no other suitors, Collingwood would either have to accept or risk having an extremely disgruntled player eat up $900k a year of their cap.

So you want to offer Treloar 700k for 5 years?
28 before the next opening bounce, dodgy hammies, not a good kick. A 200k discount is not nearly enough. That's not capitalising on the Filth's poor decision, that's taking it off their hands.

It's not about helping them, it's about potentially capitalising on their error forcing out a player of high calibre for which they'll have to accept unders.

Oh I agree. I was more pointing to the 5 that is supposedly on offer from GC, which I almost see as GC doing Collingwood a favour.

A late first with some salary paid is fine by me. Would need to be 2-300k and nothing more than 16ish.

So you want to offer Treloar 700k for 5 years?
28 before the next opening bounce, dodgy hammies, not a good kick. A 200k discount is not nearly enough. That's not capitalising on the Filth's poor decision, that's taking it off their hands.

No issue with the $700k but the 5 years is a concern. Along with his hammies.

Obviously this is under the assumption he passes a medical and we deem his Hamstrings manageable.
A player of Treloar's calibre is completely fine to pay $700k. Do agree I wouldn't want the contract to be any more than 4 years which might be biggest turn off for other clubs.

Oh I agree. I was more pointing to the 5 that is supposedly on offer from GC, which I almost see as GC doing Collingwood a favour.

A late first with some salary paid is fine by me. Would need to be 2-300k and nothing more than 16ish.

Reckon GC would be crazy to offer pick 5 now...Collingwood have no leverage.

Yep the other late teens pick we could get for trading pick 7. As mentioned, Pick 7 & a later pick for Saad & Treloar would be enormous value.

The only issue is Treloar's 5 year contract is too long.

Yep the other late teens pick we could get for trading pick 7. As mentioned, Pick 7 & a later pick for Saad & Treloar would be enormous value.

Longer than his hamstrings apparently

No issue with the $700k but the 5 years is a concern. Along with his hammies.

Obviously this is under the assumption he passes a medical and we deem his Hamstrings manageable.
A player of Treloar's calibre is completely fine to pay $700k. Do agree I wouldn't want the contract to be any more than 4 years which might be biggest turn off for other clubs.

I still wouldn't do it.
Costs us a chance at Oliver/Merrett etc. next year, or the year after. He's the wrong player for us to target.

$500k x 3, I’d offer him

Treloar situation looks to be blowing up...really poor by Collingwood to offer him an extension which goes for another 5 years which would have made Treloar feel valued and an important player, only to immediately try to offload him and push him out the door. Their salary cap squeeze issue is their own doing...contracts to Wells/Mayne/Beams have been shockers, Grundy's even is a little too much $$$ and years, and clearly they shouldn't have extended Treloar's contract in the first place.

Really poor list management.

Surely if Collingwood are pushing him out and this becomes a messy breakup, they'll have ZERO bargaining power and would have to accept even a late first rounder for him...or risk having a $900k a year player over 5 years on their list who knows the club doesn't want him and is jaded.

Treloar for $700k (Collingwood paying $200k) and a late first? I'd have a serious look at that.

Could split pick 7 and something for 2 x late 1sts, and swap one for Saad and the other for Treloar...that would be amazing value.
They only pay the first year. The rest would be on us. Nope. Let em wear it.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back