Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying kyle Dunkley should be embarrassed only being on a list due to he’s gun brother .

if I was in he’s shoes and got paid 100k minimum to kick a pig skin around instead of busting my ass working a real job in the real world to scrape 80 k I know I certainly wouldn’t give a flying what people thought

and in Josh’s shoes I’d love to be able to help my brother out the way he’s been given the chance so I can see why he’s so tempted

To be used as leverage is a little embarrassing...

Guido asked me for advise on an offer from Essendon. I told him that it would be a good career move, not just for Essendon, but also because it would force Bevo to find a new assistant coach. :cool:

I’d happily be a little embarrassed for an easy couple 100 k

Couple 100k? He’d be lucky to be on half of that. If a player is going to a footy club- id like to hope that they have my best interest at heart and actually want me for my ability. I’d also be embarrassed about it leaking to the news (if it’s true)

What do we then do with 6&7? They will get used up matching a JUH bid.
It was mentioned to me that if he comes back and says he wants to go there that we will ask for their 6 and tell them to get 7 and then swap those to for the Crows pick 2 that's if they get it.
Even was mentioned that they might swap our future first 2021 with their pick 8 this year as they want as many high picks in next year's draft. Was not mentioned what the Dogs would do with pick 2 though.

People saying kyle Dunkley should be embarrassed only being on a list due to he’s gun brother .

if I was in he’s shoes and got paid 100k minimum to kick a pig skin around instead of busting my ass working a real job in the real world to scrape 80 k I know I certainly wouldn’t give a flying what people thought

and in Josh’s shoes I’d love to be able to help my brother out the way he’s been given the chance so I can see why he’s so tempted

Absolutely no offense to you personally, but lord I hate these kind of thoughts!

He'd likely be on sub $100k given he would rarely get match payments, and if you think (striving to) being a professional athlete is "easier" than a 36 hour week then you're crazy.

Guido asked me for advise on an offer from Essendon. I told him that it would be a good career move, not just for Essendon, but also because it would force Bevo to find a new assistant coach. :cool:

He didn't listen, Jordan Russell has been re-employed to fill the role

It wouldn't tempt me, I don't really get it. You grow up with your brothers and are with them everyday, you could see them all you like if you wanted to. Why would you need to play for the same football club as them for? Supporters will start comparing them which does no good. If i was Dunkleys brother I would be saying. "Look mate, look after yourself and do what is right for you. If they are recruiting me, just to get you, don't do it."

It was mentioned to me that if he comes back and says he wants to go there that we will ask for their 6 and tell them to get 7 and then swap those to for the Crows pick 2 that's if they get it.
Even was mentioned that they might swap our future first 2021 with their pick 8 this year as they want as many high picks in next year's draft. Was not mentioned what the Dogs would do with pick 2 though.

If we had 2, Adelaide would absolutely bid on Jamarra with pick 1 and the entire AFL community would be cheering for them.

Absolutely no offense to you personally, but lord I hate these kind of thoughts!

He'd likely be on sub $100k given he would rarely get match payments, and if you think (striving to) being a professional athlete is "easier" than a 36 hour week then you're crazy.
Fair enough mate I admit I don’t know the full ins and outs of he’s payment situation. But I would leave my job to be an AFL player any day of the week .

Of all the poo we have kept on our list the last few years knowing they would never get a game then we let La.Young slip by. He has shown more with less chances than a number of players on the main list. Unbelievable. I'm sure Gardner being gifted games when first coming on to the rookie list impacted this decision.
He is the type you want developing at the end of your list for at least a contract. This may not be a big deal but just another one for the sh1t list.
I don't get why both Young's get early chances and then are put away never to be seen again. Can't blame them if they leave.

No point bringing in Cox if Trengrove doesn't get a game. Trengrove offers a lot more down back than Cox does foward. And we don't need anymore KPF in the 22. However i don't mind Cox as a last resort ruck and would rather have ruck depth than another mid or half back that will never get a game. He is a big boy who would give our mids a chance and wouldn't allow monster rucks to dominate. If the coaches use him in a creative way then i wouldnt be against it but only if other options are exhausted during this trade period. Dale for Cox i'd do, maybe a small pick swap if we pay all his salary

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had 2, Adelaide would absolutely bid on Jamarra with pick 1 and the entire AFL community would be cheering for them.
There would be an agreement not to. That would come when we swap the 6 & 7 for 2 and swap our future first for their 2020 pick 8
But there is a lot to happen and was told he wants to stay but there are positives to move.

Collingwood have enquired about Bailey Dale
Mentioned a while ago they have wanted him for years

(For the NBA knowledgeable folk in here) The Kyle Dunkley situation is a page right out of American sport's books. There's only one reason Kostas Antetekounmpo is on the Lakers...And a reason Thanasis Antetekounmpo is on the Bucks with Giannis. And it's not because Kostas and Thanasis combined score 4 points per game.

What the Bombers are attempting to do is very American. But like how some NBA teams value the chance to lure a free agent, or the ability to keep their superstar happy, Essendon clearly rate Dunkley so highly that they would be willing to 'waste' a list spot even in times of uncertainty. For them, and how weak they are in the middle, that's probably the right move from them. Getting a 23 y/o Josh Dunkley ticks just about every box for them. Worth the money, worth getting Kyle. Playing for a big market team, as the #1 mid in a completely lacking side, and with his leadership qualities, he could well reach Cripps status. I think every part of their pitch to him, considering where Essendon is at, is worth it.

Almost every player has a price. We may emphatically tell Essendon no, but we would be listening. What Essendon's sheer desperation, and his perceived worth to them, should mean is that (obviously, and has been well discussed) they would have to stump up the deal of the century to get him. They're willing to give him a mega deal and use a list spot on his brother to land him, while a) he has two years left on his contract and b) we don't want to trade him. Considering how unlikely it is for Dunks to cause trouble should he not get traded, they have zero leverage. Zilch. Nada. The Stringer trade? We were the ones with no leverage.

1% chance they actually come up with a deal that makes us a better side? We would probably listen. Of course on one hand letting Dunkley go, no matter the return, might send a message that our players are poachable. Then the offers come for Baz and Naughts. On the other hand, if we make Essendon give up a return that would make most clubs hang up? Maybe we improve our team and make it clear if you want to poach our contracted young guns you best be prepared to give up the world.

All that being said I'm firmly in the keep him camp. Yes our midfield is unbalanced. But I would really hate to see Dunks spend the prime of his career racking up accolades for Essendon. Seriously, just imagine that. Dunks getting a brownlow at Essendon? Vomit worthy.

We have him right now as a known quantity. His stats will be diminished sharing a midfield with Bont and co, but his impact as a player won't be. If Dunks really wants the spotlight, the captaincy and the mega deal I say we revisit when he's out of contract. We've lost enough premiership players as is, and this one hasn't even entered his prime and is an AA level mid (When played there, Bevo...)

OK missed 90 pages in 3 days. Update?
Dunkley would be a big loss IMO but we can cover him if he goes. He’s perfect for the Bombers and although I’d 100% rather keep him, if we get huge overs for him, I’d look at it.
What the consensus?

I’m Josh Dunkley and I approve this message

B9019BBC-A40A-41FF-8319-206CA6F52AD3.jpeg

So our offseason so far:
  • Gia is now gone after being awarded the assistant coach of the year
  • Lonie is being talked about coming to the dogs
  • Dunkley might be on his way out
Interesting times ahead

What are peoples thoughts on Ryan Garthwaite from the tigers? Key defender, 22 years old, only the 9 games but also only 192cms, looks to be OOC.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Can play

Can someone explain what the situation is with JUH and our draft picks? If another club bids on him we have to give them our first two picks, is that right? What picks do we have atm?

Can someone explain what the situation is with JUH and our draft picks? If another club bids on him we have to give them our first two picks, is that right? What picks do we have atm?

If another club bids before our first pick we need to make sure we have enough points to match the bid so we just need enough picks to match it. Check the Callum mills draft and you’ll get an idea of how it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back