Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that if you offer a Rookie another Rookie contract, rival clubs are free to offer a main list contract and acquire the player without any trade. I think that's what happening with Lachie.
That is correct however we offered him a spot on the main list so a trade would be needed.
North: young
Melbourne: pick 57
Dogs: hannan
Should get it done I'd imagine

Coached one of our greatest wins (at least in my young memory)! Fitz vs Dogs junction oval Shane Loveless 6 goals Ross Abbey starred, I still have my Shane Loveless no 2 jumper
I think we had lost the first 11 he coached

Remember listening to that game on 3KZ
The captain and the Major.Who was a dogs supporter.
I was crayfishing up on the murumbridgee
My step father launched a long cable up onto a tree.For his old 1960"s short rave radio for reception.
Most joyous a win l ever celebrated apart from 2016 of course..

I went to the first 11 games that year - some close losses, and some absolute drubbings. For a reason I can't remember, I missed round 12, and our first win. :(

Made up for it being at the round 17 game, when Loveless kicked another 8 as we thrashed Hawks in a high scoring game at WO 160-107. Amazingly, Loveless kicked 8 and Templeton 4, out of 25, while for the Hawks, Moncrieff (son of an ex-Bulldog) kicked 8 and Hendrie (who we chased hard and almost signed in 81 or 82) kicked 4 out of 15. (Of course this was followed by a drubbing at Waverley the next week when Roach kicked 10 - went to that one too. Long trip home by bus and train from Waverley to the Western suburbs after a 156-41 pounding from the Tigers, Templeton kicked 4 out of 6 for us, and Loveless had 2 kicks for no goals. What a great era to be following our club!)

Pretty sure that if you offer a Rookie another Rookie contract, rival clubs are free to offer a main list contract and acquire the player without any trade. I think that's what happening with Lachie.

Spot on. If he goes to North we get zip.

That is correct however we offered him a spot on the main list so a trade would be needed.
North: young
Melbourne: pick 57
Dogs: hannan
Should get it done I'd imagine
According to AFL website report we only offered him another Rookie, allowing North to effectively get him as DFA.

Sam Power is going to blow up trade week by using our claim that we offered Lachie Young a senior list position to trigger a trading frenzy that sees us end up with Goldstein, Tarrant, Merrett and picks 6, 7, 11, 48 and 53, while giving up Dunkley and Young.

Bookmark it! ;) :D :laughing: :drunk:

For the love of God, can we please move on roarke smith and cal Porter. Those boys are just not up to it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Power is going to blow up trade week by using our claim that we offered Lachie Young a senior list position to trigger a trading frenzy that sees us end up with Goldstein, Tarrant, Merrett and picks 6, 7, 11, 48 and 53, while giving up Dunkley and Young.

Bookmark it! ;) :D :laughing: :drunk:
What and not let the bombers win trade week 🤣🤣👏

For the love of God, can we please move on roarke smith and cal Porter. Those boys are just not up to it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyway we can get some sort of value for Rourke.

Lowball his contract for for a single season deal maybe??

A little exercise, compile a list of players who we have traded or have left and gone on to great things elsewhere? How many recently have left and been more successful than they were with us? Not many is it?

A little exercise, compile a list of players who we have traded or have left and gone on to great things elsewhere? How many recently have left and been more successful than they were with us? Not many is it?

Liam Jones and Shaun Higgins probably the only two who significantly improved in recent memory.

We don't really get rid of players who go on to become better players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Dunks actually wants to go, hence why nothing has been announced as of yet. There's likely still some talking going on between both sides before he makes a final decision. I'm sure he's after clarification on his future role from Bevo and any potential contract increase from us.

OR he wont announce anything until he knows there is a high chance a deal can be done with Bumbers.

The more I hear from Dogs he is contracted the more they are sending message to Bumbers your offer to us is not enough. (I am assuming that Dunkley wants to go which I don't know if its the case)

Liam Jones and Shaun Higgins probably the only two who significantly improved in recent memory.

We don't really get rid of players who go on to become better players.
Hamling

Unfortunately due to his injuries Roarke's development has stalled now and this is his ceiling. I still think he's OK as depth as he can play multiple positions as the 30-35th guy on the list, if he's on a team friendly contract. The fact that we have had to play him as many times as we have says a bit about where the list is at in terms of drop off from the best 20ish guys.

Edit: no argument on Porter. Plays a role we have too much depth in, better off with his position being utilised for an outside player.

The very outside chance of us getting pick 1/2 and drafting Hollands would be a very good exchange for Dunkley for us. Obviously very unlikely but if that was the equation and everyone was happy with it (ie it didn't cause any discontent in the playing group and it was Dunks' decision) I think I'd go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back