Multiplat FIFA 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Just started these Mukiele missions today, it's absoloutely awful to play. It's so much sweatier than any other FUT mode, I'm thinking of tanking in rank for futute purposes.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The other thing about it is (and I am not sure if this has changed, but it certainly has been the case in past games) but it is peer-to-peer connection as well rather than dedicated servers like it is in Champs and Rivals. Got mine done in the end though, winning is a lot easier when you don't have to worry about assisting with a defender lol.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Finally got the last bit of coins to buy Drogba after getting Kyle Walker (already had him) in a SBC pack.

Team looking really good right now and the bench is pretty stacked too.

_20201027_144333.JPG

_20201027_144314.JPG

Lewandowski in red hot form and is likely going to be the next Bundesliga POTM in 3 weeks. He'll also get his 2nd IF this week so it will be a ridiculous card. Going to save everything I earn from matches, rewards, packs until he comes out and then hopefully be able to complete his SBC. No doubt it's going to be expensive as *.

May 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Finally got the last bit of coins to buy Drogba after getting Kyle Walker (already had him) in a SBC pack.

Team looking really good right now and the bench is pretty stacked too.

Lewandowski in red hot form and is likely going to be the next Bundesliga POTM in 3 weeks. He'll also get his 2nd IF this week so it will be a ridiculous card. Going to save everything I earn from matches, rewards, packs until he comes out and then hopefully be able to complete his SBC. No doubt it's going to be expensive as fu**.
How do you go with two big guys up front? At least this year heading is viable again but I still find the faster agile players are better finishers up front.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
They really need to fix the transfer market, the filters are broken and won't always show all listings in the price range you're limiting it to. Makes it extremely frustrating trying to sell cards, probably explains why I'm seeing some people are over paying for cards.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
How do you go with two big guys up front? At least this year heading is viable again but I still find the faster agile players are better finishers up front.
Haven't played with Drogba yet but Lewandowski will barely miss inside the box. Finesse or power shots leave the keeper with no chance.
My fast wingers allow for a lot of crosses and i've scored a bunch of headers and volleys from low crosses too.
I've perfected my corners and he probably scores 1 out of every 3 corners.

Drogba with hunter chem has 98 pace so if I want to go on a run in attack I'll try give it to him rather then Lewandowski. Crosses or corners with both in the box will be unstoppable.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Haven't played with Drogba yet but Lewandowski will barely miss inside the box. Finesse or power shots leave the keeper with no chance.
My fast wingers allow for a lot of crosses and i've scored a bunch of headers and volleys from low crosses too.
I've perfected my corners and he probably scores 1 out of every 3 corners.

Drogba with hunter chem has 98 pace so if I want to go on a run in attack I'll try give it to him rather then Lewandowski. Crosses or corners with both in the box will be unstoppable.
Got any corner tips?

Regarding crosses, mine rarely work.

(I play career), but majority of my goals come from cut backs on the wing. Wingers are lethal.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Got any corner tips?

Regarding crosses, mine rarely work.

(I play career), but majority of my goals come from cut backs on the wing. Wingers are lethal.
For corners, 90% of the time I do 'Crowd the Keeper', and the instant I select it, i put the ball in about 1.5 meters closer from the penalty spot at a 45° angle up or down (basically do the tactic, then slightly drag diagonal towards the goal.) It either goes to Lewandowski who makes a run or to a tall defenders head.

For crossing, when im with my winger running towards the corner post, if my stiker is running faster than the defenders towards the goal and looks to overtake them still onside, i will put in a low cross and volley it into the net. If you time it to early or your striker isnt fast enough it will be blocked by the nearest defender. These work well when the oppo is pushed high up and your winger gets a fast break.
If the defence is back then its harder to do a low cross. When theres a large gap above or below my striker but the defenders are also in the box, thats when i'll do a normal cross.

Basically, low cross if striker is horizontally in front of defence. Normal cross if striker is vertically in space.

Also, AI defending in offline modes might be different then FUT so im not sure if that will change anything.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I'm confident this game lets any new team you create play exceptionally well for 8 to 10 games before it nerfs the positive qualities it once had to turn it to dogshit, frustrate you enough to sell it & keep the marketplace ticking over and that 5% taxation consistently coming out.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
finally got 500 goals and got the jumbo rare players pack, all for a Sommer and SFA else, sigh

Never ever had luck with these big packs from objectives. Could legit fall into a barrel of 100k packs and come out sucking Dusan Tadic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
yep feels. i did pack Jan Oblak from the other SBC that came out today so thats something

The occasional surprise it's what we're there for. Did the untradeable mega pack SBC yesterday and it flashed up Tadic (or the like) but next to him was Joe Gomez.

Last year got De Bruyne and Mbappe in the little packs you accrue but you always get excited for the really big packs for little reward, especially during promo.

(I'm definitely negative gearing so I get an icon in mine).

Was reading up on the Switch "Legacy" version, which is a 80 dollar roster update from FIFA 20, which was a 80 dollar roster update from FIFA 19.

EA not even trying to hide their greed anymore. They literally advertise that nothing new has been added to those versions of the game.

What a joke

* I don't own a Switch and am not a huge FIFA player, but this still annoyed me.

May 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
generally a pretty poor TOTW...makes playing champs not really worth it imo
Yeah, if you play it for the reds you are not really going to have a good time. I'll have 2 100k packs waiting till TOTY from gold 1 rewards. If I keep saving I should hopefully maybe pack one of the worst ones hahah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back