PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Well done Richo.

Mr Koch admitted he had wanted an external person to take on the role, but Mr Richardson was the most compelling candidate.

“This is arguably the most important appointment of any club. It’s one never to be taken likely. It is a huge responsibility,” the Chairman said.

“I must admit I initially wanted someone from outside the club to fill the role. Richo knows this.

“But no candidate we spoke to ever seemed to have the all-round package that Richo brings. I was always sub-consciously benchmarking them against him.

“I didn’t ever want to be accused of making the easy decision so we got Andrew Demetriou’s sports executive recruitment firm to scour the market and put Richo through the wringer.

“The end result was Andrew concluded we had the best person right here already.”

Mr Koch praised Mr Thomas for leaving such a well-rounded successor, saying it was the mark of a good leader.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
CDDC0353-AE08-4E00-8EF5-B7B06B59F394.jpeg

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
I know nothing of corperate governance or how Richo will go in managing it all so no real feeling either way in the announcement. Though it is positive outside eyes had a look at other options available.
I wish him the best of luck and will judge him by his results moving forward in regards to the PBs, stadium deal, treatment by the AFL, China, other sponsorship deals that come or don't come our way as well as our performance and support provided to our teams on the field.
It's a big list but there is much to do.

The only Matthew Richardson I know played for Richmond?

The only Matthew Richardson I know played for Richmond?

51090F5D-DBE1-43B7-96C1-52B75E9EBEC0.jpeg

The most important aspect of this announcement is RussellEbertHandball doesn't have to waste valuable time making a new connection ;)

Well done Richo. He's done some very hard yards alongside KT for years now, he knows the business inside out, is brilliant with supporters and wants what is best for Port Adelaide.

I hope he's ready to be a disrupter though and make hard calls when they're needed.

I imagine CD will take on some extra responsibility maybe even move up.

Now bring in Vozzo and keep the team moving forward.

“The end result was Andrew concluded we had the best person right here already.”

The good old ‘the best person was here all along’.
I wonder how often that turns out to be the case in hindsight.

It's great that Andrew Demetriou got to make some money out of the appointment. Snout in trough.
He did channel a few AFL and SANFL dollars our way after that June 2011 agreement when the SANFL tried to take us over.

The most important aspect of this announcement is RussellEbertHandball doesn't have to waste valuable time making a new connection ;)

Well done Richo. He's done some very hard yards alongside KT for years now, he knows the business inside out, is brilliant with supporters and wants what is best for Port Adelaide.

I hope he's ready to be a disrupter though and make hard calls when they're needed.

I imagine CD will take on some extra responsibility maybe even move up.

Now bring in Vozzo and keep the team moving forward.
If Vozzo is indeed heading to Port as Rucci keep saying he is hearing his name, wonder if CD moves into admin and Vozzo becomes footy department GM, or Vozzo becomes the 2IC and CD keeps some of the roles he had to cover for this year?

Back