Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy & 2nd rounder for Saad is handsome value and should be sufficient.
Adam Saad an OOC player on 31st October, is unimpressed with his former club and chose to walk a long time ago.

And here we are. In typical response, some fanciful notion that you are challenging. You aren't close. I hypothesise players who can get you there and none are no good. Do you see the conundrum when dealing with Essendon supporters? You are, or should be, in rebuild thinking. But you aren't. No wonder your club is in the doldrums.
Wow, that turned quickly. You throw up a bunch of average players and crack it when someone calls this out?
Neither of us are challenging so I’m not sure why you think some Carlton retreads are going to “get us there”. These are the opposite of what a rebuilding team should be targeting.

Casboult - Too old.
McGovern - No one is taking his contract on. Rebuilding teams don’t need To bring in struggling 26 year olds.
Macreadie - Has played 1 game in the last 3 years, how the hell is he a walk up start?
LOB - Know little about him but a lot of talk from Carlton supporters that he’s a bust.
Williamson - This one is a surprise as he’s actually impressed every time I’ve seen him.
Kennedy - I’ve seen his name thrown up more than Ricky Dyson. You don’t target an average 23/24 year old mid when you need to rebuild.

I'm stunned, actually shocked to be sitting here that it's actually being questioning whether or not Essendon posters have ever said Pick 7 would be a straight swap for Saad. Thread is actually littered with it but apparently it's just overlooked. Funny that...

Here are some I found in 2 mins by clicking random page numbers...

pick 7 come on down :D

"I'd be willing to part with Tom Williamson" say Carlton fans like anyone who doesn't follow the Blues would know or gaf who that is. Your team hasn't played finals in seven years but for some reason you reckon opposition clubs are hankering for your fringe players :oops:

back-pedal
/ˌbakˈpɛd(ə)l/

verb: backpedal

reverse one's previous action or opinion.

It would appear you have reversed your previous opinion have you not?

It's no longer "Welcome pick 7"
It's now "Welcome pick 7 in whatever form the whole trade is but definitely not straight up"

Yeah you keep moving the goalposts here as it's been found out you don't understand the actual meaning of backpedaling as it doesn't apply here.

I haven't reversed my opinion at all.

I think 7 + 3rd rounder for Saad and our 2nd is fair not 7 for Saad straight up

Good try though, you can leave now.

"I'd be willing to part with Tom Williamson" say Carlton fans like anyone who doesn't follow the Blues would know or gaf who that is. Your team hasn't played finals in seven years but for some reason you reckon opposition clubs are hankering for your fringe players :oops:
No chance Tom Williamson goes anywhere.. if you actually watched Carlton play you’d understand he’s one of our up and coming under 22 year olds, who had a great end to the year and has been interrupted with injuries for 2 years.

Focus on your own backyard at North first maybe.. you’d be begging for a player like Williamson in your team

No chance Tom Williamson goes anywhere.. if you actually watched Carlton play you’d understand he’s one of our up and coming under 22 year olds, who had a great end to the year and has been interrupted with injuries for 2 years.

Focus on your own backyard at North first maybe.. you’d be begging for a player like Williamson in your team

I watched all of Carlton games this year, sorry but I don't know who he is.

Deal for Saad will be based around next years first or 2 x Second Rounders.

Pick 7 not happening as we have it in mind for someone else we are discussing or will go to draft
Thanks Nick,
I know it’s a busy day for you today so appreciate you giving up your time to come and here and tell everyone what’s happening 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some amusing irony in the idea of Essendon getting hard balled here.

Don't be like that.

I'm at a loss to understand why we turned down their generous offer of Saad for 7 plus Harry McKay.

soapy v - Not worth 2 x 2nd's or 1 x 1st round. We need to stand firm and offer market value - 1 x 2nd rounder.

I don't think so. Carlton made a play at a good player from another club and have to pay up. Pick 7 is of course is ridiculous, but so is one second rounder. Carlton have to be willing to table a series of reasonable offers and show they're serious about doing a fair trade, then it's up to Essendon as to whether they persist with silly demands, or risk losing him for nothing.

I don't think so. Carlton made a play at a good player from another club and have to pay up. Pick 7 is of course is ridiculous, but so is one second rounder. Carlton have to be willing to table a series of reasonable offers and show they're serious about doing a fair trade, then it's up to Essendon as to whether they persist with silly demands, or risk losing him for nothing.

Curious, if Saad is worth a 1st rounder, what are these half backs worth?
Whitfield, Laird, Smith (Adelaide), Lloyd (Sydney) - just as a guide!

Back