List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there comes a point when good teams start to prioritise salary cap over draft picks during a flag tilt. Look at Collingwood right now after ignoring their salary cap. If reports that the offer is 800k per year are true, I don't want him personally. Hannebery, Hill and Crouch would be taking up nearly a quarter of our entire salary cap. I'd feel comfortable with 600k-650k. If Adelaide match, they're not getting our first. We'll likely split our pick and they'll get something around 20. Or we'll just walk away.

Last edited:
Good to see some sense left in here. How Goddard left has nothing to do with how good he was and how much he gave us while he was here. He was pushed out by a bunch of incompetents who got basically nothing for him. It never should have ended that way.

Someone had to be pushed out.
We were still paying players that hadn't been in the club for years.

We'd gone full Magpies on our salary cap back then.

Someone had to be pushed out.
We were still paying players that hadn't been in the club for years.

We'd gone full Magpies on our salary cap back then.

Got no problem with parting with him.

I also have no problem with him not liking the Saints, probably wanted to stay a one club player and harbours resentment.

I do have a problem with anybody suggesting he wasn't one of our three best players in our premiership window.

I feel like there comes a point when good teams start to prioritise salary cap over draft picks during a flag tilt. Look at Collingwood right now. If reports that the offer is 800k per year are true, I don't want him personally. Hannebery, Hill and Crouch would be taking up nearly a quarter of our entire salary cap. I'd feel comfortable with 600k-650k. If Adelaide match, they're not getting our first. We'll likely split our pick and they'll get something around 20. Or we'll just walk away.

They get around 20 ish if they don't match. That's why its pointless.

you didn't think that was funny buttins91? You are lurking and ironic liking every second post on our board, Maybe jog on back to your own.
Ironically liking every second post and un-ironically disagreeing with every post that paints their precious crows in a less than ideal light.

Got no problem with parting with him.

I also have no problem with him not liking the Saints, probably wanted to stay a one club player and harbours resentment.

I do have a problem with anybody suggesting he wasn't one of our three best players in our premiership window.
Agreed. I don't like him post leaving us but during 2010 he was vying for Hayes as BOG in the grand final - my mate actually messaged in outrage saying "How did he not win it?" and he's a bomber fan.

I think there's a bit of mayo thrown over some of these accusations of him demanding captaincy, a lucrative third party sponsorship and an even more lucrative contract too.

Hmmm i wonder what part of Zac Williams statement makes no sense what so ever the PDC

The regional NSW product told GWS he wants to be closer to his sister, who lives in Albury.

Atkins to Gold Coast reportedly on 400k a year over 5 years as a FA. Add Crouch to that and Adelaide should receive pick 2?

I'm hearing its not cumulative.
Of course with 3 picks at the start of the 2nd round they could probably find someone to sell them a first rounder.

BJ was a weapon for the club, one of the best to wear the RWB. I was handed my first serious heartbreak in 09’ - still can’t believe we couldn’t get the job done with that side. Hayes, Riewoldt, Goddard, Dal Santo, Joey, Milne, Kozi, Fish. FMD it’s actually so depressing, when will the footy gods not be against us???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure thing champ, if you take out the cocaine then he wouldn't have an impending ban either.

He has managed one full season in his career… hence 95 games turning 27.

No idea what it has to do with me being a recruiter or not.
Seriously when are people gonna get their head out of the sand about players doing coke? EVERYONE DOES COKE. Bloody hell doesn’t make you a bad person. Some players just get caught.

you didn't think that was funny buttins91? You are lurking and ironic liking every second post on our board, Maybe jog on back to your own.
Yep, I've already commented on the little dude that likes playing with buttons. Clear breach of the rules. Can we move him on please mods?
Christ, I had no idea Crows supporters were this bad. Must be agony for our SA fans.

BJ was a weapon for the club, one of the best to wear the RWB. I was handed my first serious heartbreak in 09’ - still can’t believe we couldn’t get the job done with that side. Hayes, Riewoldt, Goddard, Dal Santo, Joey, Milne, Kozi, Fish. FMD it’s actually so depressing, when will the footy gods not be against us???

Hear Hear.

I watched the 2009 St Kilda season DVD the other week when it popped up as suggested on YouTube. We really were a ridiculous team.

Regularly thumping teams by 15 goals.
Having 4+ mids racking up 30-35 touches most weeks.
Riewoldt unstoppable.
Didn’t lose a game until round 20.
We only lost 3 games for the year for a combined margin of 19 points.

3 games. That’s it. Roo missed after the siren against the Dons and lost by 2. The next week Roo launched a 55 metre bomb to tie the game being 6 points down with less than a minute left and a North player just got there and touched it and lost by 5. And then the big dance, Hawkin’s poster called a goal, Rooke kicking a goal after the siren which I don’t really count... lost by 12 but anything could’ve happened in that centre square moment...

Has any other team in history gone as close to a completely undefeated season as we did that year?

25 games for only 3 losses totalling 19 points fmd. We would’ve cleaned up the past 5 grand finals if that team was running out today.

So my trade radio summary for those not able to listen.

Mo Hope and her partner are having a baby she may be worried about the safety of her car as she is eating the all new McDonalds Chicken Parmi whilst driving.

And some Essendon tragic who may or may not give a stuff about St Kilda is justifying Band 1 compo for Essendon for Daniher based on potential which has nothing to do with the calculation. Thought he was going to say it was Mabo or the vibe.

How about Geelong bringing in Isaac Smith and Shaun Higgins, both of whom will both be 33 next year. Dad’s Army. Has there ever been an older team? It reeks of desperation.

If you were a talented young player there, and they have shelved you, then you’d want to get out of there.

Jordan Clark has 2 years left on his contract and is rotting playing scratch matches. He’s from WA but Trade Radio said he wants to stay in Victoria.

Is he worth looking at? Every time I’ve watched him play he has been very impressive.

Seriously when are people gonna get their head out of the sand about players doing coke? EVERYONE DOES COKE. Bloody hell doesn’t make you a bad person. Some players just get caught.

And the ones that get caught usually take a significant hit to their wallet.

Carlisle lost about $150k after his little Las Vegas escapade... Crouch has probably lost similar from his FA contract.

Bad timing for him and the Crows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back