News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I get why people hate Dodo, but I mean it's his job to ask about the likes of Hayes (though I thought Draper looked pretty good for them)

If he wasn't asking about who he'd get in return for Fantasia, he wouldn't be doing his job.

This is exactly the same as us asking about Aliir.

Anyway, if I was CD I really wouldn't be giving up anything for Orazio, maybe a 3rd rounder.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I get why people hate Dodo, but I mean it's his job to ask about the likes of Hayes (though I thought Draper looked pretty good for them)

The issue is the utter delusion though that just wastes everyone's time.

Sure he can ask Port about Hayes for Fantasia, or he can ask Carlton about Walsh for Saad, or he can ask Sydney for two top 5 picks for Daniher.... but they're just ridiculous and only going to anger those in the process who are actually wanting to get a deal done.

If it was me I'd be just instantly asking about Merrett + Ridley for Bonner and letting that leak out to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Hardcore

Team Captain
Apr 10, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Sure he can ask Port about Hayes for Fantasia, or he can ask Carlton about Walsh for Saad, or he can ask Sydney for two top 5 picks for Daniher.... but they're just ridiculous and only going to anger those in the process who are actually wanting to get a deal done.

If it was me I'd be just instantly asking about Merrett + Ridley for Bonner and letting that leak out to give them a taste of their own medicine.
Sucks you blokes in at least, the club hadnt put a foot wrong in trading recently, I have full faith in want they are doing. Don't get too worked up

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We are clearly getting Orazio. I think people hoping we don't will becdissappointed. Port have the upper hand. Essendon will try and get the best deal they can, which they are entitled to do, but in the end it will either be fair or slightly in Port's favour. Orazio has wanted out of Essendon for 2 years, this is their last chance to get anything for him.

Trade threads are the worst by the way. SuperCoach experts losing their minds over hypotheticals.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
this is their last chance to get anything for him.
Technically not true as we would get some form of compo next year for him but it won’t come to that. Dodoro is just doing his usual routine which annoys everyone including us. He has a lot of stuff to get done done this trade period so he needs to get cracking.
This will get done and more than likely slightly in your favour

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you do a best 22, there's probably a place for him in the last handful picked. He's competing with Motlop, Farrell, Woodcock, etc, for 1 spot. Pick 26 is the absolute most you'd pay.
He's already better than Farrell and Woodcock, he's probably on par with Motlop (younger + more consistent, but injuries)
I think Farrell is a bust, but Woodcock should put decent pressure on Motlop and Fantasia for a small forward spot

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's already better than Farrell and Woodcock, he's probably on par with Motlop (younger + more consistent, but injuries)
I think Farrell is a bust, but Woodcock should put decent pressure on Motlop and Fantasia for a small forward spot

If Fantasia is anything like Motlop then that's reason enough not to go for him.

Still too early to call on Farrell too.

26 + 54 for Fantasia + 43

32+42+43 = points equivalent of Pick 10

That's points equivalent prior to any discounts.
With 20% discount (it appears my earlier posts were wrong and the 25% discount is only for Father/Sons), to match pick 10 you only need 1116 points, so using those picks to match would give you pick 53 back as well.

Note that 26 + 54 - 43 = 571 points, meaning the cost of Fantasia in that case would be roughly pick 33 - based on points.

Aided and abetted by their homers in the media.

With the Ryder trade it was “Essendon are well within their rights to ask for one of Hartlett and Wingard”

With Fantasia last year it was “A first rounder and Powell-Pepper or a straight swap for Wines should get it done”

It’s ****ing insanity. He’s a literal nobody.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Fantasia is anything like Motlop then that's reason enough not to go for him.
Last two seasons stats

Motlop

28 games 369d 63 i50 18 goal assists 63 tackles 20 goals

Fantasia

20 games 222d 31 i50 9 goal assists 37 tackles 21 goals

Like Motlop. Lol. He’s performing below motlops output in the last two seasons and this board is pretty unified in wanting Motlop off the list.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last two seasons stats

Motlop

Fantasia

Like Motlop. Lol. He’s performing below motlops output in the last two seasons and this board is pretty unified in wanting Motlop off the list.

i dont want Fantasia dont get me wrong but Fanta hasnt been at his best for awhile due to injury.
Will be interesting to see what hes like IF, and its a big IF, he gets a good injury free run.
Has some years on motlop so we will only but see

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last two seasons stats

Motlop

Fantasia

So much this.
We bring this guy in, and have to put up with one good game in 6, and it stunts the development of other players.

JohnHinckleyJr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls Man Utd
Jay schulz was s**t at Richmond turned epic here lets see what he can do

Last two seasons stats

Motlop

Fantasia

I don't know why you keep bringing this up like everyone doesn't already know. If Port thought we didn't have the capability of getting his body right and getting him back to playing the high quality football he played in 2017 (or at least the passable football that he played in 2018), we obviously wouldn't be chasing him.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't know why you keep bringing this up like everyone doesn't already know. If Port thought we didn't have the capability of getting his body right and getting him back to playing the high quality football he played in 2017 (or at least the passable football that he played in 2018), we obviously wouldn't be chasing him.

the reality is he is what he is and we shouldn’t be paying based on a dream.

normally with stuff like this risk is balanced out by cost.
There is some flat out re-writing of the truth with what he has produced. As I clearly evidenced with those stats compared to motlop he has been outplayed by a guy who has been torn to shreds (rightly) for his output.

the reality is he is what he is and we shouldn’t be paying based on a dream.

normally with stuff like this risk is balanced out by cost.
There is some flat out re-writing of the truth with what he has produced. As I clearly evidenced with those stats compared to motlop he has been outplayed by a guy who has been torn to shreds (rightly) for his output.
playing most of his games on a dry track at the Dome too

Back