News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt there a chance we could get pick 13 if we dont bid on Juh?

We get Pick 13 from the Dogs and also bid on JUH.

Its not illegal or outside the rules.

This is how we roll. Plus its a big f**k you to the Dogs for compensating us unfairly for Keath.

Hey peeps hope you are all doing well and keeping safe as it’s been a while since I visited your board.

Just dropped in to say you guys should beat the doors down at VFL house if you don’t get pick 2 for Crouch after they handed Essendon a golden ticket for a guy that has hardly played in 3 years.

well if we find out what Danihers contract is and the one brad gets betters it and we get band 2, I would think that there is every chance the club could take it much further as they will be apoplectic if they get band 2 on a superior deal

That won’t happen. However Rowie saying $550k is concerning. Hard to believe the inside info varies $250k from top to bottom!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Get a load of the Bombers fans.

Last year: "Two firsts for Daniher? F*ck off he's worth way more than that!"
This year: "One first for Daniher? Oh Dodoro what a master! #4dchess"

Dons fans are correct with their assertion this year. Last year they were smoking crack.

If it’s not band 1, we better keep Brad, as posted above his best is very good, I don’t want us to be just accepting whatever as has previously been the MO for this club

I have a bad feeling we won't get band 1.

AFL will justify it with "reasons".

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If it's $650-700K there is your reason, the AFL doesn't have to justify anything. IMO, Daniher is offered around $750K (not as low as $700K and not as high as $800K that some are reporting). Hence attracted the band 1 compensation.

Absolutely. The Williams and Daniher deals are insanity.

Teams go all in to win. Gibbs deal was insanity, Daniher could be a bust or could take them over the top - and it is only 3 years. Well worth it. I think Carlton with Williams is the crazy one - Williams makes them better but is he able to lead them to a flag in any way? Daniher if fit and firing could for Brisbane

Jon Ralph reporting in the herald sun that danihers offer is $2.5m over 3 years...

so a little over $830k a year...

Thats a long way off $700k a year as is being reported elsewhere...

And why the fu** would you pay a guy who has barely got on the ground the last three years that much coin.. its absolutely ludicrous.
Teams up North always do it just to get them up there, Daniher wasn’t busting to go North he just knew they would be the only ones to pay anywhere near that amount. Crouch’s deal is over 5 so that should be taken into account even if less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s not band 1, we better keep Brad, as posted above his best is very good, I don’t want us to be just accepting whatever as has previously been the MO for this club

Its going to be Band 1.

We know Daniher's contract.

$750k is the benchmark or No Deal.

That won’t happen. However Rowie saying $550k is concerning. Hard to believe the inside info varies $250k from top to bottom!

Yeah, Danihers contract has actually been lodged and yet reports have it from $700k to $835K. It makes you realize the level of confidence you can have in anything that they say.
i keep thinking though, how would Rowie get good intel while everyone else gets it so wrong. And also why would the Saints not have lodged today if they were low balling.

Crows can literally just copy what Brisbane have just done.

650k over 5 years.

$817k x 3 with two (or one) trigger year(s) of $400k.

Pretty smart when you think of it. $817k would def get you into the top 5%. AFL have to play ball this year because they gave pick 7 to Essendon. They will change the rules next year though.

Daniher s manager would never do that unless it was in writing and signed. What if he does 2 knees and Brissie reneg.
Essendon have been in so much trouble lately that there is no chance in hell that they would be party to a deal where Brisbane sign or agree to another contract outside of what they officially presented, just to hold on to pick 20 or something.
That sort of thing happens all the time. Other clubs aren't stupid enough to get caught. What does it matter anyway. The AFL was the one that set up this ridiculous compo system. If clubs take advantage of it, fix it AFL.

Crows can literally just copy what Brisbane have just done.

650k over 5 years.

$817k x 3 with two (or one) trigger year(s) of $400k.

Pretty smart when you think of it. $817k would def get you into the top 5%. AFL have to play ball this year because they gave pick 7 to Essendon. They will change the rules next year though.
Brad has got to agree to that, what if he doesn’t meet the triggers?

Yeah, Danihers contract has actually been lodged and yet reports have it from $700k to $835K. It makes you realize the level of confidence you can have in anything that they say.
i keep thinking though, how would Rowie get good intel while everyone else gets it so wrong. And also why would the Saints not have lodged today if they were low balling.
maybe reneging on deal?

By seeing the deals today, both Adelaide and St Kilda now know the Band 1 trigger for a 4-5 year contract. They would've had a fair idea before today but now they can see the field.

wats bet vfl of new band 1.5 pick 11 just like vfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back