List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Before anyone else wants to hatchet Cam Joyce, I'm pretty sure it was Brown's call to sign a shorter deal last time around.

I can never work out the bullshit he cops.

Then again...............

Still doesn't quite add up for me. I don't think these reasons are enough to not match a $550-600k offer to him. Unless the knee is stuffed.

His knee has always required extra management and will continue too.

I have heard nothing to suggest it's a factor in our decision.

Apparently the sky is falling because * got overs for ugly kid Joe.

What people tend to forget is that * have consistently been self styled trade week champions over the past few years and it's meant ABSOLUTELY F*** ALL when it comes to onfield results.
I'm cheering myself up with that thought, and also with the fact that whatever they are "winning" in trade period, they are also losing two of their best players as well as at least one other regular senior player who have had enough and walked.

I actually hesitated when I typed that. If you're alluding to it being broader than the coaching group, then I agree and it's what I should have specified.
Kind of. More just a quip about the coaching group not being there any more and when they were, well they were only a proper coaching group over the pre season.

My gut feeling on this is it's more a footy dept. decision (including Archer) than a coaching one. Maybe Shaw as well but I dunno about that.

I don’t see GWS matching Geelongs bid for Cameron now that their first rounders are gonna be in the 20’s
We could slip down to 13 with Crouch compo...
9 becomes 13... becomes 18 after NGA & F/S
What a f***** joke... puts our rebuild back another 2 years!!

Unusually slow for you GR

AFL trades 2020: Clubs monitoring contract situation of Geelong Cats’ Sam Menegola
Ryan Daniels
The West Australian
Fri, 30 October 2020

I don’t see GWS matching Geelongs bid for Cameron now that their first rounders are gonna be in the 20’s

It's bullshit I agree but not that dramatic.

NGA and F/S were never available to us so they are irrelevant. Compo picks are players we could have picked who may now get picked by someone else, but we'll still get good options at the early picks we have, and potentially better options later than we would have without the academy and F/S points being sucked up higher in the order. "Can't believe he was still there" and all that - sometimes, like with LDU, it just works out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm cheering myself up with that thought, and also with the fact that whatever they are "winning" in trade period, they are also losing two of their best players as well as at least one other regular senior player who have had enough and walked.

My worry is that this s**t will just keep happening, over and over and over, and the longer it goes on the more an uneven playing field will be accepted.
Before long the AFL will be like the EPL with a handful of perpetually good teams with the rest just making up the numbers.

The initial reports said the offer was 600 x 5. After the threat to match from Dodo, the Lions renegotiated and it looks like they upped it past 800-900k x 3.

600k to not spend a week with Dodo.

Compo picks were created to keep GC and GWS in the ball game when the inevitable exodus of their copious amounts of 1st rounders decided to go home..

They lose a first rounder and gain... funnily enough... another 1st rounder!.. this song will be stuck on an infinite loop.
Want to trade for a good GC or GWS player?.. cool, hand over two 1st rounders..

Nothing like the Ivory tower looking after their prized Frankenstein Franchises and sticking the 🖕up at the established clubs..

Haha fu**in hilarious, you really think little old North will ever have a band 1 player?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, but only when the compensation rules change, and we'll get nothing in return for them.
The Richmond's, West Coast's and Collingwood's won't forget how aggressively we targeted their players and could come after an LDU or Tarryn Thomas with massive offers when they become Free Agents.

Before anyone else wants to hatchet Cam Joyce, I'm pretty sure it was Brown's call to sign a shorter deal last time around.

also shouldn't you want to avoid your star players walking out the door as free agents. would have thought it was a bad idea to have someone coming out of contract at free agency. its not right teams should be celebrating free agents leaving as the compo is so good

So if Daniher was what 830@3 we hope he plays another 9 games in 3 years and screws the lions up and also still some hope that crouch won't be enough.... can't see saints offering more than 3 surely with his injury reckon and they can't afford 700-800, if that's what it will take to get 1st. And to add Daniher got into the top 3 highest... crouch won't be able to do that at saints aren't they paying big for hanners and hill to name two

Also in relation to Geelong thought they didn't overpay.... so that mil a yr can't be right?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
To get end of 1st round compo in the NFL, you would need to lose a perennial all pro at their peak with a 120M+ contract to boot... and it would probably still only qualify for a 2nd.

Absolute bullshit that a player who has played only 15 games in 3 years nets pick 7. Just criminally wrong. Just so AFL.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back