News Kyle Hartigan to join Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny reading this thread, everyone's like Smith wont get anything. Nek minnit he's only just getting less than our Atkins compo.

If I was us I'd be prepared to be getting stiffed by hawthorn. Crows can have....ummm.........nothing for Harto. Take it or leave it Crows. If I was us I'd be on the phone to Harto right about now saying don't buy a house in Vic or anything like that, prepare to get a two year deal with us, cos we're not letting Hawthorn screw us again.

We were probably happy to get nothing for Harto, but in light of the Smith compo, everything changes.

Hartigan really isn't worth enough for either side to be bothered trying to screw over.

It'll probably be the case of they'll offer a late 3rd or a 4th round pick, we'll accept and the trade will be done day one.

Agree i certainly wasn’t expecting any compensation however suspect crows will work out what we may have received based on the Smith deal if the offer to Hartigan would have resulted in band 5 may influence what we seek

Knowing they lose pick 41 or so if we don't force a trade, I think we can be a bit more demanding with the trade.

Hartigan, future 4th for 45, future 3rd

We can add that 45 to the 46, 52 for Swans pick 22

Unrestricted - defn “ not limited or restricted”

We have no rights over him to put him in the draft. He is a Hawthorn player. Hawthorn could chose to trade to save their pick 41 - but they aren’t going to pay a point more than that, why give us a leg up. Better off losing their compo. The way forward is to split the value of their compo pick and upgrade one of our later ones slightly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not sure what's changed, apart from us going from getting nothing for Hartigan to getting something for Hartigan. We'll take the 4th round pick or whatever we get from them and move on.

The Kyle Hartigan trade is not a hill I'd choose to die on.
Hartigan really isn't worth enough for either side to be bothered trying to screw over.

It'll probably be the case of they'll offer a late 3rd or a 4th round pick, we'll accept and the trade will be done day one.
Probably future picks as neither team really give a sh*t
Yep, will be no fuss. Possibility both clubs wanna manipulate their picks a little for their own deals, but no way we're walking away from this one.
If Hawks offer us pick 82 or nothing, are you happy?

Pondering what pick we may get for Kyle Hartigan sounds like a good cure for insomnia. zzzzz....

Unrestricted - defn “ not limited or restricted”

We have no rights over him to put him in the draft. He is a Hawthorn player. Hawthorn could chose to trade to save their pick 41 - but they aren’t going to pay a point more than that, why give us a leg up. Better off losing their compo. The way forward is to split the value of their compo pick and upgrade one of our later ones slightly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep. Getting anything at all for Hartigan is like finding 20c down the back of the couch. It's not going to change your life in any meaningful way, but it's nice in that it's better than finding nothing down there.

Yep. Getting anything at all for Hartigan is like finding 20c down the back of the couch. It's not going to change your life in any meaningful way, but it's nice in that it's better than finding nothing down there.
Hawks get 46 for Smith but lose it unless we do a trade.

We can say no to a trade and they have to take via FA and lose the pick

So we say give us 48 or no deal and lose 46.

Hawks are ahead and so are we.

Win-win

Upgrade one of our later picks to one of their late 40s. These are normally done quick out of respect to the player. Harto will get to Hawks in PSD with 3 x $450k on his head. So we accept whatever is on offer quickly so Harto can get on with his life and not have to nominate for a draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would only take 2021 picks from Hawthorn in a trade for Kyle. We don’t need any more junk picks this year.

Hawks 2nd next year for Hartigan and our 3rd next year. Done.

😳

Upgrade an early 40s pick to an early 20s pick, in a promising draft. For Hartigan? Good luck.

They could pick him up in the PSD you know.

Maybe they will. Our compo for him will be fu** all. Make it worth our while or don’t waste our time trying to save them a compo for Smith.
Trade period goes for more than a week and we have nothing else to do other than Hately and maybe Brad Crouch. I'm sure Reid or whoever will be able to find 5 minutes to lodge the paperwork for the Hartigan trade.

Hartigan has played more than 100 games for us over 8 years of service, he's in the wrong age bracket for us now that we're rebuilding and he has an opportunity to take a 3 year contract at another club to see out his career. Why on earth would we make this difficult for him or them? He has literally no trade value, it makes no difference to us how he gets there except we might get a token pick when we otherwise would have got nothing.

Trying to play any kind of hardball on this trade would be Dodoro-esque in its level of pointless douchebaggery.

Trade period goes for more than a week and we have nothing else to do other than Hately and maybe Brad Crouch. I'm sure Reid or whoever will be able to find 5 minutes to lodge the paperwork for the Hartigan trade.

Hartigan has played more than 100 games for us over 8 years of service, he's in the wrong age bracket for us now that we're rebuilding and he has an opportunity to take a 3 year contract at another club to see out his career. Why on earth would we make this difficult for him or them? He has literally no trade value, it makes no difference to us how he gets there except we might get a token pick when we otherwise would have got nothing.

Trying to play any kind of hardball on this trade would be Dodoro-esque in its level of pointless douchebaggery.
Who is making it hard? If Hawks want him they can sign him as a FA. and we’ll be doing a lot more than just Hately and Crouch.

Not too fussed the trade going to Happen, and it will be for the value the Crows would have received if he was a free agent,
Band 5 at Best means we get the Hawks 3rd next year which will balance out,
Band 5 this year will be around picking 45, next year the Hawks 3rd rd will about the Same.

Again that all depends on if Hartigan was in the Band 5 range 50% to 70%

We won't get compo and don't want him, so have nothing to lose by not trading. Means you up the stakes, so if Hawks say no, the go to the psd?
Oh well.

Just checking he is still going as this week has been full on, and you know, 2020 etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back