Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Not directly no.

Of course not.

But it's very poor list management that a near rookie gets paid more than a near 3 time Coleman medallist.
So you agree.

Corr isn't a near rookie and Brown had a very nice contract in front of him which he rejected.

Again, they aren't related.

In arguably the clubs most difficult season and offseason, they have managed to sign a quality player despite various bids from widely regarded “better”/“bigger” clubs.

A player that might not be a “gun” but is rated highly in football circles and will be a real pillar for us through the next few tough rebuild years. And will still he contracted when we hopefully push up the ladder in 2-3 years time.

And rather then providing an ounce of positivity, you are sulking about a completely unrelated list management decision. One that you don’t know any actual detail from within the club, just some garbage one sided source. Ruining and taking over the thread, with your own bizarre, insecure narrative.

In arguably the clubs most difficult season and offseason, they have managed to sign a quality player despite various bids from widely regarded “better”/“bigger” clubs.

A player that might not be a “gun” but is rated highly in football circles and will be a real pillar for us through the next few tough rebuild years. And will still he contracted when we hopefully push up the ladder in 2-3 years time.

And rather then providing an ounce of positivity, you are sulking about a completely unrelated list management decision. One that you don’t know any actual detail from within the club, just some garbage one sided source. Ruining and taking over the thread, with your own bizarre, insecure narrative.

Wow.

Ok......haha

So you agree.

Corr isn't a near rookie and Brown had a very nice contract in front of him which he rejected.

Again, they aren't related.

Corr is closer to a rookie than not.

Nearly 30 and heading to scrapheap and we all celebrate a superstar coming in.

Can we see something first?

I am with ya Choppy.

I hope Corr goes well, but he will never be as valuable as Benny. I didn’t realise there is only 1.5 years age difference 🤦🏻‍♂️

We’ve got a new Toyota, it is nice, but I am already missing the Ferrari we’re about to give away.

Doubling down beautifully.

Nearly 30 and on scrapheap and we all celebrate a superstar coming in.

Nobody is suggesting a " superstar", just a good solid recruitment.

Nobody is suggesting a " superstar", just a good solid recruitment.

Yes I'm not going away if challenged.

Read the thread and limited people like Psicosis who think he's brilliant. (he hopefully may be - he certainly hasn't been)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am with ya Choppy.

I hope Corr goes well, but he will never be as valuable as Benny. I didn’t realise there is only 1.5 years age difference 🤦🏻‍♂️

We’ve got a new Toyota, it is nice, but I am already missing the Ferrari we’re about to give away.

Thanks Zeb.

Good to know someone gets it.

Nearly 30 and heading to scrapheap and we all celebrate a superstar coming in.

Can we see something first?

Dude. He's 26 and played 98 games, far from 'nearly 30 and heading to a scrapheap' and no one is calling him a superstar. You're just bitching because for some inexplicable reason you're comparing him, and his salary, to Brown.

Take a deep breath and calm the * down.

Dude. He's 26 and played 98 games, far from 'nearly 30 and heading to a scrapheap' and no one is calling him a superstar. You're just bitching because for some inexplicable reason you're comparing him, and his salary, to Brown.

Take a deep breath and calm the fu** down.

I'm fine

It's others who are upset! ha

I’ll start by disclosing that I’ve had a couple of pints of Guinness in an actual pub for the first time in ages. I’m feeling a tad rosy.
I’ll continue by stating that signing Corr is a definite positive. He is a very good solid signing, can play tall or small and will add a lot of flexibility to our backline. The fact that Barrett was wrong yet again is just the cherry on top.

This thread is the ******* twilight zone. Seriously. How much sh*t can get posted .

Somehow the trades are now cause and effect and intrinsically connected. Despite that in all likelihood if Brown says yes to the first (and still best) deal put in front of him we STILL RECRUIT CORR.

When you live through something you need to learn from it else what the f*** are you doing. The Brown/Corr connection is exactly the same and the Greenwood/Higgins connection. They weren't connected and the situation is almost exactly the same. Lowballed North Player outgoing FA incoming.

I'm happy to discuss.

I dont believe you're capable of taking on new information and changing your point of view.

You have an in with Brown through a Tassie connection and are pissed that it's going down.

You've connected the remuneration of Corr to,the remuneration of Brown despite the first offer for Brown being his best to date.

Here's a not so subtle secret, there are very few people saying, good F*** Brown off for a pack of chips. I've been pretty pissed about this myself.

Brown vs Corr = not a thing.

But sure connect them to allow you to continue arguing.

Really?

Different cap, different people making the decisions hey?

No.........not close at all.

It is not an either or situation.

We could have both.

You've created the either or situation because you're unhappy about Brown.

Lots of us are unhappy about Brown.

Don't need to vent at Corr because of it.

My take is that we are not paying Aidan Corr a cent of Ben Brown's money and therefore there's no rational way to connect the two

Corr was being organised months out. Remember we were told the Dogs had enquired and were told not to bother

If we had kept Brown I believe we would've offered Corr the exact same contract regardless. I plainly don't see how you link Brown's departure with Corr's arrival at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back