List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Obv it's super corrupt, but trying to look on the bright side here. Might be a bit of a blessing in disguise.
Not much exposure of Vic U18s this year means good players slide in the draft

Look I could be wrong but I still don’t think Adelaide will get pick 2.

Take pick 7 * got. Daniher is being paid 870k per year. Stupid overs but going off what compo has been handed out previously, stands up ok.

Surely the saints aren’t really going to be paying that much for crouch with everyone they have previously brought in over the last couple of years. Lots of different figures have been quoted but I think it’s going to be closer to what Rockliff was paid when he moved to Port. From memory that was around 700k over 5 years. That was band 2.

I’m going to hang onto this till we find out otherwise

If crows get pick 2 then we have to try and trade back for as many picks as we can in the first round- ideally in the top 10 if possible. 3 and 13 for essendons 6,7,8 with a 2nd or 3rd coming back if it has to be done. Then trade up with higgins, brown etc if possible to maximise the talent coming into the club. Unless we're desperate for a hollands type it might be worth trading back for 2-3 picks that will still be good players with extreme talent.

If crows get pick 2 then we have to try and trade back for as many picks as we can in the first round- ideally in the top 10 if possible. 3 and 13 for essendons 6,7,8 with a 2nd or 3rd coming back if it has to be done. Then trade up with higgins, brown etc if possible to maximise the talent coming into the club. Unless we're desperate for a hollands type it might be worth trading back for 2-3 picks that will still be good players with extreme talent.

Live trading on draft night is the way to go. Have some potential deals in the pipeline with various clubs and let it play out. The player we most want could potentially still be there at pick 3.

If we end up with the pick 3, I would be letting it be well known our interest in Campbell.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look I could be wrong but I still don’t think Adelaide will get pick 2.

Take pick 7 * got. Daniher is being paid 870k per year. Stupid overs but going off what compo has been handed out previously, stands up ok.

Surely the saints aren’t really going to be paying that much for crouch with everyone they have previously brought in over the last couple of years. Lots of different figures have been quoted but I think it’s going to be closer to what Rockliff was paid when he moved to Port. From memory that was around 700k over 5 years. That was band 2.

I’m going to hang onto this till we find out otherwise

I am just hopeful that between these FA agreements going through and the Draft, someone finds the real contracts where years 4 and 5 are paid at $50kpa for Daniher and Crouch, and all involved clubs get penalised draft pick, and picks 2 and 9 turns into 1 and 6 ;)

Last edited:
Live trading on draft night is the way to go. Have some potential deals in the pipeline with various clubs and let it play out. The player we most want could potentially still be there at pick 3.

If we end up with the pick 3, I would be letting it be well known our interest in Campbell.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

or we can be very quiet and just fu*k them over

That is the bigger question, why wasnt his contract until he reached FA? .... Joyce you ******* spud
The issue is he was originally under contract until the end of 2018.
Then 2 parties came together and we stupidly re-contracted him until the end of 2020 by adding on the 2 years, like it was a coup of some sort. Any smart campaigner would have let the original contract see out its term and then look to tie him up until FA. We ****ed this up majorly. Brown wasnt going anywhere in 2017 after had just kicked 8 against Brisbane.

* I'm honestly so over the incompetent *s we hire at the club. Brady must be scratching his eye balls.

The issue is he was originally under contract until the end of 2018.
Then 2 parties came together and we stupidly re-contracted him until the end of 2020 by adding on the 2 years, like it was a coup of some sort. Any smart campaigner would have let the original contract see out its term and then look to tie him up until FA. We f’ed this up majorly. Brown wasnt going anywhere in 2017 after had just kicked 8 against Brisbane.

fu** I'm honestly so over the incompetent fu**s we hire at the club. Brady must be scratching his eye balls.

With the benefit of hindsight, how could anyone possibly back any of Joyce's moves. Baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the benefit of hindsight, how could anyone possibly back any of Joyce's moves. Baffling.
The annoying thing is if Brown wanted a contract extension then why not please him and his manager and just add on the one year in 2017.
Means that in 2019, after 3 seasons of 60 plus goals we could contract him to FA or way past it. Not 1 year before it.

The talk of form and injuries are always factored in every contract is really a gamble and carries risk so I dont buy the 'what if Browns knees are ****ed'.

Just on the football boss position, theres a reason Carl Dilena was turfed last year. He hired Joyce and there was no way that he and Joyce were going to last after the total * ups that occurred.
It was Carl who hired Geoff Walsh in 2013 so why did we half ass it when we looked for his replacement? Joyce was no were near ready and we should have gone after a well more credentialed individual.
Makes for a good story to hire from within :rolls eyes

I cannot stress how important it is to get this role right. Even * axed Richardson because he was apparently incompetent.

Collingwood can literally choose who they want to be their football boss and clubs like ours are always at the mercy of other clubs * ups.
Collingwood had Walsh as football boss form 2006 to 2013. They played finals EVERY YEAR. We then poached him for 2014-2016 and we played finals EVERY YEAR. Collingwood meanwhile lost Walsh and they hired Rocket for a year before he took on the Gold Coast job, then had Neil Balme for a couple of years before he moved to Richmond and then Graeme Allen came on board in 2016 but he was axed after the stuff up with Whitfield.
So, they decided to bring back a contracted Walsh and Carl let him go. Weak. We should have stood firm.

Walsh has since got the Pies up and about and they contended in 2018, 19 and 20.

Crows will get 2, trade it for 6-7 and end up with 4 in top 10.....they have GWs’s already

800k a year for Zac Williams? Hang on... I thought he chose Carlton over money? You can have him for that price. So Carlton are looking at having 10% of the TPP in half backs? Wow

sorry Patty, but all we have left for you is 500k a year, yeh I know you are top 5 midd in the comp, how bout a car too? Lol CFC are burying themselves
Salary caps are just a guide for certain clubs.

A four-club trade involving Clark had been raised in discussions this week but was scuppered.
It involved Clark heading to Fremantle, Fremantle sending Jesse Hogan to Greater Western Sydney and North Melbourne's Shaun Higgins landing at the Cats.

The Giants are among a number of clubs doing their work on Hogan but he would come at a cheap trade cost after two indifferent seasons with the Dockers.

Among an array of draft picks and future selections being swapped, the Roos would have ended up with an extra early pick as a result of the mega deal.

[PLAYERCARD]Shaun Higgins[/PLAYERCARD] in action during North Melbourne's R18 clash with West Coast at Metricon Stadium in September, 2020. Picture: AFL Photos's R18 clash with West Coast at Metricon Stadium in September, 2020. Picture: AFL Photos

Shaun Higgins in action during North Melbourne's R18 clash with West Coast at Metricon Stadium in September, 2020. Picture: AFL Photos

But it is understood to be have been roadblocked in that form as each clubs work away at their respective dealings.

I wonder what early pick equates to?

Our picks dropping down the order like this is total bs, but I reckon Hollands and Cox would be a great combination of draftees for us and it’s still very much a possibility.

Whilst I think the likelihood of Radelaide getting compo pick 2 is real I also realise it’s going to take more than one draft to dig ourselves out of this.
So next year we just need to suck worse than even them and get pick one, we are our own worst enemy.
Remember being elated when we beat the Brions and they got the spoon and we ended up 4th last.
Yes we pick up LDU, but we could have had Rayner or swapped out 1 for 3 and another pick inside the 10, but nope we had to go and win an obvious tanking game by the Brions.
Learn to suck at footy when you’re down and learn that the media doesn’t give a s**t about us and nor does the AFL, only the club can make it work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back