List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, if we let Campbell go to another club we don't deserve him. I would be disgusted if he we tried to call him back after LETTING HIM Go.

I would be insulted as Campbell that they didn't value me enough to keep me out of North Melbourne, and I would never consider going back to the Swans.

I don't mind letting him go (although I feel it would be a massive mistake), but my pet peeve on this board right now is the "let him go and bring him back in 2 years".

Makes me so angry.

Sorry to anger you.
You are of course correct . To a point.
I would expect that part of the academy training would be some understanding about the limits in draft order and possibility of a team calling them very early.

Chill ...it won't get to that

North are clearly not making rational decisions. They could do absolutely anything and you could consider them to be extremely loose at present. Nothing would surprise me with them. Personally, I would sack the lot of them and being in the administrators if I was the AFL. Poor old Blakey SNR, just walked into a sh*t storm.

They have 'Favourite son' syndrome like Essendon.

Absolutely toxic.

well with nga, free agency compo the first rd goes out to potentially 25, Gulden rated top 30 so maybe

If anyone wanted him in the first round they can have him IMO. Wouldn't be worth the deficit next year at all.

I think our weighting of our own academy prospects should be about the same as the discount. Sure it is good for club to have more locals for various reasons, but there is a limit. Be prepared to bid 20% higher at most than where we see them on the best available basis.
So If we rate him at 30 then any bid under 24 = "Congratulations, good-luck young man and give us a call if you want to come back to Syd we've enjoyed your play and watching you develop".

Rather than blow another first I'd rather bring in a young ruck/KP player with our second rounder and bring in the other mid prospect we have (Thorne? can't remember name) as a late round/rookie selection - he looked good when I watched him.

If anyone wanted him in the first round they can have him IMO. Wouldn't be worth the deficit next year at all.

I think our weighting of our own academy prospects should be about the same as the discount. Sure it is good for club to have more locals for various reasons, but there is a limit. Be prepared to bid 20% higher at most than where we see them on the best available basis.
So If we rate him at 30 then any bid under 24 = "Congratulations, good-luck young man and give us a call if you want to come back to Syd we've enjoyed your play and watching you develop".

Rather than blow another first I'd rather bring in a young ruck/KP player with our second rounder and bring in the other mid prospect we have (Thorne? can't remember name) as a late round/rookie selection - he looked good when I watched him.
was my whole point of trading nect years first and picking up another first rounder this year, we would then get the extra 1st round pick and Gulden

So Cal Twomey who is a pretty good judge has Gulden ranked at 22, your telling me you wouldn't match a bid at 24, even if we rank him.slightly higher

North are clearly not making rational decisions. They could do absolutely anything and you could consider them to be extremely loose at present. Nothing would surprise me with them. Personally, I would sack the lot of them and being in the administrators if I was the AFL. Poor old Blakey SNR, just walked into a sh*t storm.

FFS it would not be irrational for a club to use a top 3 pick on Braeden Campbell.

That Campbell isn’t the best kick in the draft?
I hear you. I think it's probably unlikely someone has an early crack at Campbell too, but I think it's more to do with his stature being slightly below the other players I mentioned as opposed to clubs having a general aversion to bidding on academy players.

We'll find out soon enough!

I get excited when I hear Rendell say Campbell is the best kick he has ever seen.

But then I hear him do an analysis of our list and say Reid had a good year, Bell played a lot of a good footy, and we desperately need another key position defender.

Then I think maybe he speaks a lot of sh*t.

I don't. That's not the point.

I think the point the other guy was making was that he wouldnt be suprised to see North do something irrational like bid on a player just to force another team to pay more.

Yes just furthering the rhetoric that the only reason a club would want Campbell is to spite us. When actually maybe they just think he's that good??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes just furthering the rhetoric that the only reason a club would want Campbell is to spite us. When actually maybe they just think he's that good??

That is fine. I think the two points need to separated though.

There is a difference between a team thinking Campbell is worth a top 3 pick, and not worth that but bidding a top 3 pick to make us pay more. One is irrational, one isn't.

That is fine. I think the two points need to separated though.

There is a difference between a team thinking Campbell is worth a top 3 pick, and not worth that but bidding a top 3 pick to make us pay more. One is irrational, one isn't.

I agree, but I think it speaks volumes about how under-rated Campbell is that the idea a club could rate him so highly is unconscionable.

We've offered 3 years for Hickey apparently. I mean, way too much for an average fossil but if it means we keep Aliir it's worth it. But we need to send them draft picks - what will cut it?

Source? Pls advise

Unless Aliir or someone else is traded out, then Swans don't have any picks (this year) and would / will already go into considerable deficit next year just getting/matching Campbell and Gulden ( if pick3/ 5 is not used as part of matching)

Source? Pls advise

Unless Aliir or someone else is traded out, then Swans don't have any picks (this year) and would / will already go into considerable deficit next year just getting/matching Campbell and Gulden ( if pick3/ 5 is not used as part of matching)

Scroll down a bit to find it

Scroll down a bit to find it

Thanks. :thumbsu:

At least Swans seem to be very aware of the ruck need and doing everything they can to get someone.
Shot gun approach to many? Desperate but maybe pissing uphill into the wind?

Can't see Eagles letting him go.
Back up to Nic Nat and iirc they only have young other options left?
But heck has this bloke had some injuries you name it he has had it (except ACL)

So Cal Twomey who is a pretty good judge has Gulden ranked at 22, your telling me you wouldn't match a bid at 24, even if we rank him.slightly higher
That was the example of a 20% premium I'd apply if someone was bidding ahead of our pick- and we ranked him at 30.
I have no idea where the Swans rate him on the best available basis.

All I know is I've watched him play games twice on youtube - and thought he was a good park footy player.
Seems he is rated more highly than that by many - but I sure wouldn't be bidding a first rounder on him.
Hell, maybe Gulden is going to be the next Lachie Neale - too early to tell. Happy to see what plays out in the draft. I think he'll go in the late 20s myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back