List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 3 years gets Hickey here, which helps keep Aliir here, then I'd say it's a necessary evil.
If it's 3 years on something near the minimum for a senior guy. Pay some bonuses for games played...
Get him AND Hayes from Port might be a decent each-way bet.

Menagola is supposedly gettable, and I would 100% jump on him.

Wants a 4 year deal on increased money for his AA year, and I think he would be really good to learn from for McInerney, Stephens, Blakey, and Dawson.
Takes him to 32 and on all the while on AA money? Naah. I think he'd be hoping for Freo to say yes though.

Happy to back McInerney, Blakey or Campbell to take those spots next year. Stephens to take Florent's spot and Dawson to play at HF/HB.

People saying a second round selection only effects next year's second rounder - not the first.
Surely you don't think Gulden is going in the first?

With all these compo picks and NGA matching the second round won’t start until a pick in the late twenties

was my whole point of trading nect years first and picking up another first rounder this year, we would then get the extra 1st round pick and Gulden
I don't mind that idea at all - back ourselves to improve next year, and accelerate the rebuild. But we'd have to do it after Campbell bid on for it to work?
So we'd likely have to target a few clubs with picks in the 12-16 range? Who would you want there?

Fair enough.

Don't expect him to come back.
Hope, even plan - yes. Expect - no.

Heck I hope we are planning to try and get Swans fan Caleb Serong in even after stiffing him last year.

Takes him to 32 and on all the while on AA money? Naah. I think he'd be hoping for Freo to say yes though.

Happy to back McInerney, Blakey or Campbell to take those spots next year. Stephens to take Florent's spot and Dawson to play at HF/HB.
I really don't think he would be that much, just that Geelong are going to be a bit tight on money.

Might be worth saying a 3 year at good money if he wants it, if not that's fine as well.

Hope, even plan - yes. Expect - no.

Heck I hope we are planning to try and get Swans fan Caleb Serong in even after stiffing him last year.

I wouldn't say we stiffled Seeing last year.

We simply thought that Stephens had more long term potential and recruited him instead.

That being said I would be very happy if we tried to recruit him next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't say we stiffled Seeing last year.

We simply thought that Stephens had more long term potential and recruited him instead.

That being said I would be very happy if we tried to recruit him next season.
Swans supporter too

Thanks. :thumbsu:

At least Swans seem to be very aware of the ruck need and doing everything they can to get someone.
Shot gun approach to many? Desperate but maybe pissing uphill into the wind?

Can't see Eagles letting him go.
Back up to Nic Nat and iirc they only have young other options left?
But heck has this bloke had some injuries you name it he has had it (except ACL)
Vardy is there still

Suffice to say folks if Geelong can offer Cameron close to a million a season having played in a GF and been top 4 for a decade.

We must have very very generous contracts.

Well that's a given. Look at the charitable nature we have shown when dealing with Sam Reid's career.

Im losing faith in our recruiting team.
Are we asleep at the wheel?
First Gray and Lewis Taylor and now crickets.

We will keep going back to the draft for next 5 years only to still be bottom half in the competition and think where the **** did we go wrong ???? :rolleyes:

If we sign hickey for 3 years, I have lost all faith in our list management department whoever that may be
Oh, you must know some rucks that are proven afl standard to stop Aliir having to pinch hit. Please share, I would love to know what our recruiters are missing.

Facts stand, we are in a crap position, we are a bottom 4 club and to attract a ruck from another club is almost impossible. Obviously with Hickey he wants a commitment of 3 years, otherwise he would just stay with West Coast. It's a necessary evil when trying to keep Aliir happy.

Its so bloody obvious the problems we are facing that it bugs me that people think that our staff are blind to them.

Do we actually want to give Hickey a 3 year deal.
You would have to be a moron to think yes.

But if that's what is required to keep Aliir happy and bolster our ruck stocks, then that's what we have to do.

If we sign hickey for 3 years, I have lost all faith in our list management department whoever that may be

You should know who is in our list management department, you fired them yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back