List Mgmt. 2020 Draft - JUH & Bedendo

Remove this Banner Ad

If we go with our history of late bloomers then this kid could be a good replacement mid to long term for Wood.

If we go with our history of late bloomers then this kid could be a good replacement mid to long term for Wood.
Any sort of Morris is good by me!!

Another small forward I'm all on board for is Tyler brockman. Speed, x factor and loves to tackle

From what I’ve seen/heard, Nik Cox sounds like a real standout to me. 200cm, can mark well, kick well, play in a number of positions, and is a really good kid. Would love for us to trade back in and nab him somehow.

CHB would be perfect for him on our list.
Seems that be raising along with Perkins who is now a top 5 chance.
Also the lystics mock draft podcast is out. One of the better ones although it is slow as they do all pick trading etc. I remember last year they nailed Butler to us later on.

Last edited:
Would love to grab jaiden Hunter with a late pick. He is a 194cm key defender who played in the ruck this year due to necessity. He dominated averaging 34 hit outs due to his elite vertical leap. He preformed well against McDonald in the showcase game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my attempt at a top 12

Trying to work out what Essendon will do is fun

1. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
2. Adelaide - Elijah Hollands
3. North Melbourne - Logan McDonald
4. Sydney - Denver Grainger-Barras
5. Hawthorn - Will Phillips
6. Sydney - Braeden Campbell
7. Gold Coast - Archie Perkins
8. Port Adelaide - Lachlan Jones
9. Collingwood - Reef McInnes
10. Essendon - Riley Thilthorpe
11. Essendon - Tanner Bruhn
12. Essendon - Jack Carroll

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they bid on Reef. Would push Collingwood, and Reef would be a good fit for Essendon. You think Adelaide will go Hollands rather than a tall?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they bid on Reef. Would push Collingwood, and Reef would be a good fit for Essendon. You think Adelaide will go Hollands rather than a tall?
Yeah I just feel like he's got the best chance to be the best of the draft (besides JUH of course). Easier to take him at 2 than 1 as well. So bidding on JUH then taking Hollands makes sense to me. Hard to know what they'll do though.

My other pet prediction that isn't here is Eddie Ford to Essendon.

It would really compound Pies disastrous trade/draft woes if they were forced to use our 14 on McInnes. Would be delicious.

So we are unlikely to take Emac? Considering we will only take 2 picks to the draft and one will be set aside for Roarke Smith?

So we are unlikely to take Emac? Considering we will only take 2 picks to the draft and one will be set aside for Roarke Smith?
I dont think roarke is going to the main list he is being re-rookied.

It would really compound Pies disastrous trade/draft woes if they were forced to use our 14 on McInnes. Would be delicious.
Yes BHS the Magpies gifting us Treloar + (526) Points this year for our Ugle-Hagan bid match has sure come in handy and all for the cost of a future second next year likely to be around Pick 34 to 35 maybe even higher. I hate to think of the deficit we would be facing if not for those +(526) Points seems odd that we expect significant wage relief on top of that deal, but these are the mysteries of list management.

Yes BHS the Magpies gifting us Treloar + (526) Points this year for our Ugle-Hagan bid match has sure come in handy and all for the cost of a future second next year likely to be around Pick 34 to 35 maybe even higher. I hate to think of the deficit we would be facing if not for those +(526) Points seems odd that we expect significant wage relief on top of that deal, but these are the mysteries of list management.
All comes down to how the pies handled the situation before the trade happened, only thing that goes close is the way we handled the stringer exit. It's like trying to sell your house by telling everyone you can't afford to live there anymore, then proceeding to set it on fire

All comes down to how the pies handled the situation before the trade happened, only thing that goes close is the way we handled the stringer exit. It's like trying to sell your house by telling everyone you can't afford to live there anymore, then proceeding to set it on fire
And yet in hindsight we might have got about the right value for Stringer. Didn't think so at the time but he hasn't hit anything like his AA form at Essendon.

And yet in hindsight we might have got about the right value for Stringer. Didn't think so at the time but he hasn't hit anything like his AA form at Essendon.
If he decided to put in some effort he could've gone up another level, unfortunately that was to much to ask for.

There’s a MacPherson article on the HUN behind their paywall under the my local section.

How Ewan Macpherson’s family has supported him through testing year
Bulldogs father-son prospect Ewan Macpherson would be rapt to follow in father Stephen’s footsteps but he’d be equally happy to follow brother Darcy’s path.

Ewan Macpherson’s AFL Draft night could go one of three ways.

The Western Bulldogs father-son hope could get picked up by the club his father, Stephen, played 188 games for.

He could follow his brother, Darcy’s, lead and forge his own path if selected by another club.

Or his name won’t be read out and he’ll look to return to the Northern Knights and NAB League in 2021 to keep his AFL dream alive while taking up a health science degree at LaTrobe University.

It’s a lot for any 18-year-old to handle but recruiters and club would be hard pressed to find a more mature prospect in this year’s draft.

Ewan MacPherson in action for the Northern Knights.

Ewan MacPherson in action for the Northern Knights.
“It’s a cliche but I’d love to land anywhere, playing AFL is a dream I’ve had since I was young, and if I can get on a list I’d be stoked to be there,” Macpherson said.

A number of clubs have shown interest in the Diamond Creek junior who captained Vic Metro at the Under-16 National Championships and stood out as a 17-year-old in 2019, playing across half-back.

In 15 NAB League games last year he averaged 14.4 disposals, 3.7 marks and 3.8 tackles.

He was named Knights co-captain this year and was due to make a permanent move into the midfield to showcase the ball-winning abilities that compliment his outside skills.

“It was obviously a shocker that we didn’t get to play and I didn’t get a chance to show I could play midfield because I worked so hard to get my 2km time down and run out games, it was a bit of a kick in the guts,” Macpherson said.

“It was a lot different to what was expected with all the COVID stuff going on, so I think I did pretty well to stay motivated, stay fit and healthy and be ready if I do get put on a list.”

[PLAYERCARD]Darcy Macpherson[/PLAYERCARD] in action for Gold Coast.

Darcy Macpherson in action for Gold Coast.
Stephen Macpherson during his playing days.

Stephen Macpherson during his playing days.
Darcy Macpherson was overlooked by the Dogs in 2015 but has since gone on to play 51 games for Gold Coast.

Brother and father have been important sounding boards for Ewan in a trying year.

“I speak to Darcy a fair bit, being in the system, I get a lot of pointers off him and it’s made it easier to get my head around what it will be like,” he said.

“Dad’s been with me all through the quarantine, riding it with me and helping motivate me, and Darcy is always chatting to me asking me how I’m going, which is a huge help.”

KNIGHTS: YOUNG GUN MODELS GAME ON FLAG HAWK

LEADER: GET YOUR NAB LEAGUE FOOTY NEWS HERE

COMBINE: FATHER-SON DOG GETS CHANCE TO IMPRESS

The Parade College student said he watched Rory Laird closely last season as a half-back and had always admired Joel Selwood’s leadership and commitment.

“Last year I modelling my game on Rory Laird, that roaming half-back type of player,” he said.

“I also like to model my game on Joel Selwood, his leadership qualities, and going into the midfield he’s got a lot of traits that I want to try and replicate.

“That’s definitely something I hold myself high on, my leadership qualities, it’s definitely something I’d like to do moving forward.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back