Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Very deserving JD Medalist in a premiership team, and joins the elite list of players to have beaten by #4 for a Norm Smith medal. Congrats!

I never got to the point of potting him on here, but Shorty was on my draft shitlist. The improvement in the defensive side of his game has been extraordinary, especially when the ball is above his head. Close to a complete player now. Just needs to get some speccies into his game now, lol

Watching the GF again. Gee Shorty kicked well. No shock there but they were extra lengthy, penetrating and accurate. Sounds almost erotic.
Biggest problem for the opposition is that and the same applies to baker and Balta they can go onto their non preferred side and switch up the angle of attack as all three can hit a long ball on their left
Bacher is the opposite they know where he is going but just can't stop him😄

Biggest problem for the opposition is that and the same applies to baker and Balta they can go onto their non preferred side and switch up the angle of attack as all three can hit a long ball on their left
Bacher is the opposite they know where he is going but just can't stop him😄

Vlastuin is quality too

Houli probably won't need to be directly replaced

The players grand final recollections - next up our Jack Dyer medalist Jayden Short.

Been undervalued for way too long around these parts , has real premiership confidence about him now , love the ball in his hands , he takes the oppo on and launches from arc to arc , who does that . Great season shorty , luvya work

I don't think short ever had cult status like b Ellis in regard to the negative aspect of the game.

(Or Chaplin, Grigg)

It's hard to ignore the guy playing at no.1 meters gained in the world and doing it in style

Yet Even his bigger fans could see some areas for improvement IMHO - 12/24months ago. He is a marvelous asset.

Personally I reckon he has rich. Daniel. And whoever the best 'quarter backs' types covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shorty should reach 100 games next season. That's crept up honestly. Thought he was closer to 50.

Here's to many more years of being blessed enough to watch his beautiful kicks sail 70m and hit our boys square on the chest.

Always been quality with ball in hand, who is now also solid defending a man one on one. Great season Shorty!!!

I would add courageous to that as well - I was at the game against GWS when he did his elbow and he still tried to get the ball away using his injured arm! Plus the courage and resilience it took to play throughout 2020 after the loss of his Dad and being in the hub away from his blood family.

Shame there was a free kick given (to Astubry I think?) When short outbodied Danger to take that mark late in the grand final. Dangerflog thought it was his free too 😆
In the grand recollections videos on the tigs website, Macca mentions being filthy on Astbury for taking the free off Shorty 😂 Dangers face was priceless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back