Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrison chose to keep flying 20 cases per day of covid into the country for the last 9 months.
The buck stops there.

Australian’s are entitled to come home, and before you say they should have been home months ago I have a cousin who is stranded in Eastern Europe because every single attempt to get home flights have been delayed or cancelled because, and this is the kicker, it’s a ******* global pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A billion dollar infrastructure project that would of cost $22.8 billion with zero investment that nobody wanted except boomers when our transport system was a mess, which is clearly the future.
What is this zero investment bullshit. Spending money on infrastructure meets the definition of what investment is.

Nobody wanted it. All 6.698 million Victoria's said we dont want it. More exaggerated bullshit by you.

Australian’s are entitled to come home, and before you say they should have been home months ago I have a cousin who is stranded in Eastern Europe because every single attempt to get home flights have been delayed or cancelled because, and this is the kicker, it’s a ******* global pandemic.

100%.

Flabbergasted at that leave them to rot overseas attitude. These aren’t tourists coming to sight see they are our family members trying to come home.

Morrison chose to keep flying 20 cases per day of covid into the country for the last 9 months.
The buck stops there.

I'm absolutely no fan of Scott Morrison but he didn't 'choose' to do anything on that front. You can't legally bar citizens from entering the country.

What is this zero investment bullshit. Spending money on infrastructure meets the definition of what investment is.

Nobody wanted it. All 6.698 million Victoria's said we dont want it. More exaggerated bullshit by you.
No nobody wanted it , metrolink project was favoured by the majority of melbourne , only 24% of people wanted it, more people voted for removing level crossings than this road.

As for the investment the state still would of made a loss.

Screenshot_20201228-115050_Chrome.jpg

This was ultimately why dan went for the 300m alternative. The guy doesn't have a 80% approval rate for nothing.

I'm absolutely no fan of Scott Morrison but he didn't 'choose' to do anything on that front. You can't legally bar citizens from entering the country.

Except the fact he sent thousands to Christmas island off the mainland?

He chose to keep the country open whilst the advise from expert epidemiologists was to act sooner he was sitting at the football on the weekend waiting untill Monday.

He wanted infected citizens to isolate at home. We'd be in europe and U.S position if this dickhead had his way.

Last edited:
Nsw recorded 5 positive cases in 15300 tests all related to the Northern beaches. Testing numbers down from about 70k a few days ago. Its hard to get a read on the numbers but more people in greater Sydney need to be tested to get an idea if the clusters outside the northern beaches are significant. Get tested campaigners.

This thread is bordering on parody with some of the nonsense being posted.

Australian citizens have an absolute right to return home and even international citizens have rights on compassionate grounds to come here if they comply with the restrictions and requirements set down by the Oz Gov.

We’ve virtually stopped a global pandemic from taking hold on our shores even with the stupid mistakes that were made. By and large, we’ve had co-operation between the states to achieve a balance between getting back to normal and keeping the populous safe. I mean we literally had an AFL season play out while one state was in lock down.

Apart from Dan the Man’s obvious * up, we as a nation have dealt with this pretty well. Luck has played a part but so too has a majority of people just getting on with things while abiding by the restrictions put in place.

Question to those who have been shitting on Dan Andrews for the past however many months. Do you honestly think the Victorian Libs (the Victorian Libs specifically, not any other set of Libs) would've done a better job? Tim Smith, Michael O'Brien, Bernie Finn, Matthew Guy et al? The ones who have been calling for lockdowns to end for months, claiming zero case numbers were unachievable, and comparing wearing masks to being 'muzzled like dogs'?

I disagree with Steven Marshall on a lot of things and I'm never gonna vote for the guy, but I'm comfortable having him as our state's leader through this pandemic. He's a reasonably smart and sensible man who's capable of acting appropriately on evidence. The Victorian Libs are a party of moronic conspiracy theorist trolls who couldn't lead their way out of a paper bag.

Question to those who have been shitting on Dan Andrews for the past however many months. Do you honestly think the Victorian Libs (the Victorian Libs specifically, not any other set of Libs) would've done a better job? Tim Smith, Michael O'Brien, Bernie Finn, Matthew Guy et al? The ones who have been calling for lockdowns to end for months, claiming zero case numbers were unachievable, and comparing wearing masks to being 'muzzled like dogs'?

I disagree with Steven Marshall on a lot of things and I'm never gonna vote for the guy, but I'm comfortable having him as our state's leader through this pandemic. He's a reasonably smart and sensible man who's capable of acting appropriately on evidence. The Victorian Libs are a party of moronic conspiracy theorist trolls who couldn't lead their way out of a paper bag.

Victorian Libs are worse than s**t. O'Brien is an idiot. I'm glad I'll be out of Victoria before the next election so he won't get a protest vote against Andrews go to him. Would he have given a $30mil 3 month contract to an unapproved supplier? Who knows, maybe? probably? Fact is Dan did and he is the only leader in this country that ****ed it up and that's why I have been shitting on him for the past however many months.

Living through the experience here in Melbourne may have given me a different perspective though.

It's literally unconstitutional lol

The fast spreading UK strain of COVID-19 has been detected in a fly in patient in RAH. This is worrying news as if it escapes from Marshall's gold standard hotel quarantine Nicola Spurrier's fast spread virus will become a reality. The NSW and Victorian hotel quarantine systems inspire as much confidence as those in SA and if the UK COVID escapes into one State the entire nation is at risk. The UK strain has also been detected in NSW and in Victoria.

In the meantime the AHPPC reassures us we have nothing to worry about as...

“Since March 28, all international travelers arriving in Australia have been required to undergo government mandated 14 day quarantine, the AHPPC recognises that this significantly decreases the risk of this virus variant entering the Australian community.”

Is that the same low risk government mandated quarantine that the virus has already escaped from in Victoria, South Australia and NSW ?

Some good news as the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine which is being produced in Melbourne is close to being approved in the UK. The latest testing on the jab recorded a 100% effective COVID prevention rate which is astounding considering the stuff ups in the early trials. According to NINE News CSL has started work on producing as many as 50 million doses in Melbourne. UK approval is expected this week and the roll could start in the UK on Jan 4th. All this increases the chances that the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine will be the one selected for the roll out in Australia which is expected sometime in March.

If the UK COVID does manage to escape quarantine then an earlier than planned vaccine rollout might be the best option.
Don’t let them anywhere near a pizza box

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re not entitled to bring in the virus in Australia & risk an outbreak such as the one that crippled Victoria for months. We had a taste of complete lockdown for a couple of days. Yeah test negative & you can board a plane home otherwise stay where you are. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They’re not entitled to bring in the virus in Australia & risk an outbreak such as the one that crippled Victoria for months.

Yes they are. They literally legally are, by international law. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like it, but they are.

Which premier also cancelled a legitimate multi billion dollar infrastructure project for idealogical reasons and had to pay a billion dollar penalty for such cancellation?? That billion dollars would have been handy to redirect a lot of it to health.
Which former premier rushed, during an election campaign which was effectively a referendum on the project, to sign a letter a week before caretaker which would bind the state to massive compo if the project was cancelled. A campaign in which they trailed hansomly in the polls. Absolutely no need to do that.

Was going to have have another rant about some of the comments here but will bite my tongue.
Let’s just say there are some pretty selfish comments being made here that would be more suited to the Facebook and Advertiser comments section.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was going to have have another rant about some of the comments here but will bite my tongue.
Let’s just say there are some pretty selfish comments being made here that would be more suited to the Facebook and Advertiser comments section.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wish I was surprised.

I’m absolutely positive if it had an impact on their family they would think differently. Sadly it reflects how selfish the majority of people are.

Hope you are reunited with your loved ones soon.

After a few tests and 14 days quarantine

I wish I was surprised.

I’m absolutely positive if it had an impact on their family they would think differently. Sadly it reflects how selfish the majority of people are.

Hope you are reunited with your loved ones soon.

After a few tests and 14 days quarantine

I'm here for the long haul so for now it is just restricting me visiting my kids or them coming here.
My concern is for the people I know that are currently unemployed and have been trying to get home for the last 4 or 5 months.
Most of the people I know have no issues with quarantining wherever they're told to. Unfortunately the caps make it difficult to get home though.

Reading some of the comments we seem to have people thinking that all expats are irresponsible COVID carrying individuals who just want to go straight home and spread the virus.

I'm here for the long haul so for now it is just restricting me visiting my kids or them coming here.
My concern is for the people I know that are currently unemployed and have been trying to get home for the last 4 or 5 months.
Most of the people I know have no issues with quarantining wherever they're told to. Unfortunately the caps make it difficult to get home though.

Reading some of the comments we seem to have people thinking that all expats are irresponsible COVID carrying individuals who just want to go straight home and spread the virus.

Stay strong man and forget the freaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back