Game Day USA Potus Election 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if Im disagreeing with you here, but this has been coming for a while. The Republicans are fully owned by the most inhumane elements of market capitalism. Even healthcare is a bridge too far.

They've been stoking this racial and cultural sh*t since 1964. It's the only way they can win votes from idiots, who prance around whinging about having to use certain pro-nouns/Greta/blacks have it so good/ etc etc etc.

Trump appeals to the great man desires of these mutants and has fully activated the fascist tendencies that the Bush/Romney types never let the lid off.
This is a direct result of inequality, as America fought endless wars and spent trillions of dollars, while America’s infrastructure fell apart.

Corruption and greed screwed the working class from education/healthcare and a future over the last two decades.
America was rife for a nationalist to target the working class in and say ‘I’m here to fight for you against the corruption’ I’m here to bring back jobs...

Problem is trump is a billionaire who benefited from that exact system. He never actually cared about the working class but they were desperate to believe.

Last edited:
Wonder if we will get another bible photo op

Rick Crosby, a 25-year-old from Connecticut, was in an early wave of rioters that breached the Capitol, entering from the west.
Crosby said he was among about 20 people who made it into the Senate chamber, where another rioter with a bullhorn led them in a prayer. They then sought to memorialize the moment.
“We took a picture with Mike Pence’s Bible and put it back on the desk,” he said. After that, he said, they left at the direction of the police.
“It felt very historic,” Crosby said. “Regardless of how this turns out, I think this is going to be a moment that goes down in the history books.”
As he spoke, public officials and commentators from across the political spectrum were condemning the rioters’ actions, using terms such as “insurrection” and “domestic terrorism.” But Crosby rejected the idea that he and others were doing anything wrong. On the contrary, he said, they were just doing what the president asked of them.
“I think probably President Trump said it best,” he said, citing Trump’s comments to some of his violent supporters in a presidential debate. “He said, ‘Stand back and stand by.’ That’s what we’re doing.”

But I'm not sure that a demographic of people who shudder at the thought of universal health care and social security for the poor are going to be brought back to sanity by a left that eschews cultural rhetoric and rebalances towards class relations again. As you say, these people themselves have become obsessed with cultural politics, and by stoking those fires they manage to drag in votes from people who have no economic interest in supporting the GOP. They have embraced the GOP's economic agenda.
Yep 100% agree.

They're so over the map, they will talk about powerful financial interests and wanting to take them down, but don't help the poor or institute higher minimum wage or health care and let's get behind a silver spoon billionaire who'd be dead if not for entrenched privilege.

There's been so many words trying to figure these fellas out, and Ive fallen into it, but * me. I think their brains are just melted now. They just want to get angry about this cultural stuff.

Very good post.

I have noticed a lot of people who sympathise with them have often tried to portray them as if they are blue collar, anti-market people who have been abandoned by 'the left' who they argue have pursued cultural reform over economic reform.

To a degree, there's a nugget of truth there (more particularly in 2016, where people were courted by promises of anti-intervention, domestic manufacturing, minimum wage rises, etc. maybe less so now).

But I'm not sure that a demographic of people who shudder at the thought of universal health care and social security for the poor are going to be brought back to sanity by a left that eschews cultural rhetoric and rebalances towards class relations again. As you say, these people themselves have become obsessed with cultural politics, and by stoking those fires they manage to drag in votes from people who have no economic interest in supporting the GOP. They have embraced the GOP's economic agenda.

My fear is that the Trump experiment will be viewed by right wing politicians as less of a warning shot and more of a blueprint that needs tweaking.

A lot rests on the Democrats over the next four years. They need to play this right to make sure it doesn't rear its ugly head again.
The democrats had their shot with Obama, the change rhetoric was a joke. They needed Bernie for balance but they went with Clinton and Biden..

But Crosby rejected the idea that he and others were doing anything wrong.
I get that they don't have the mental facalties to understand, but it's still so very disturbing to read it.

Nothing wrong. Likely they would have screamed about the BLM protests, but literally violently storming the capitol building is nothing wrong.

A woman was shot in the neck and may die, and their reaction at the scene is to shout about an "active shooter". The people storming the capitol building with guns think that the security at the building are active shooters.

It boggles the ******* mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when exactly did the anti-Trump protesters storm the capital building in an act of insurrection and sedition?

False equivalence!

Both sets are morons. Their team lost do they threw hissy fits. Do you really think there’s any danger of these idiots taking over? After the BLM protests the cops are gun shy with protesters, otherwise they would’ve been heavy handed with these lunatics as soon as they showed up.

After the BLM protests the cops are gun shy with protesters, otherwise they would’ve been heavy handed with these lunatics as soon as they showed up.
Gun shy? They live for this s**t. When it isn't their mates on the otherside of the barrier.

I have weighed up whether I should comment on the election up till now, as part of the reason I originally left was because of the over-politicising of this board, but the events of today have tipped me over the edge.

What happened today is nothing short of disgusting, seditious and effectively treasonous. The actions today are primarily the consequence of a narcissistic w***er throwing one of the biggest political tantrums in modern political history. He significantly undermined election integrity throughout his campaign and his rigged calls were always in the realms of fantasy and only served to undermine the electoral process. It is clear that from the events of the last six months that there is a lot of anger, some of it caused by Trump and a lot of it from even before Trump, with economic inequality and other issues helping the ascendancy of a person who has stoked tensions to an unacceptable level. However, the primary responsibility for today's actions rests with the golden twit and his dangerous rhetoric, which has only reinforced the normalization of political violence and hyper-political tribalism.

He is not a nazi or a fascist, at least not in the traditional political science sense, but a narcissistic campaigner in it for himself as a leader of his own political cult. I know others view the cult of personality aspect and some of his actions as Nazism, which are valid criticisms, but I have studied enough history and political systems to know the differences and Trump is categorically a different 'cat'.

Trumpism is not conservativism, but I cannot deny its strong linkages to conservativism or ties to conservatives around the world. The actions of Trump and his hardcore supporters over the last twelve months, in particular today, will haunt western conservatives like me for a considerable amount of time. Conservatism is a respect for the rule of law, justice, tradition, free markets, strong communities, universal liberalism, and the wisdom of custom and human intuition. Trump, and the neo-con Bush types before him, have severally distorted these ideals towards something completely unrecognizable from the original conservative philosophers.

I have defended Trump in the past, in part, as I believed that specific actions of his were being gaslighted, or simply lied about. I also defended some policies of his as well as the vast majority of his supporters as being frustrated individuals with legitimate grievances. However, I was never ever a supporter of him or his foreign policy decisions, his escalation in immigration policies, his mocking of others, his narcissism, his Twitter activity, and many other aspects. I was, however, wrong about his true intentions, the degree of narcissism, and the impact that his rhetoric had on the stability of the political system and his own base.

The events in Washington will go down in history as the defining end and narrative of the Trump movement. The conservative movement in the US will take a decade to recover and it will take even longer to remove the stink of Trumpism from conservativism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back