Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

116 votes: Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
98 votes: Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
90 votes: Tom Jonas (Port Adelaide)
54 votes: Joel Selwood (Geelong)
51 votes: Trent Cotchin (Richmond)

Voted on by all players across the comp. Pretty decisive win a a sign of the high regard he is held in across the board. Well done SP.

Richly deserved, the quiet achiever - so much drive at self improvement and zero desire for the spotlight.

Not sure where to put this. But Happy Birthday for yesterday, cap!
What a record he has. What a special player he has been. Champion of the club.

Does not get the Respect in the Media like he should

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic player but I wish he would play better in finals.
Second grand final in '10 doesn't ring a bell????

Re-watch the first half and his contribution to the flow of play.

Watch the pinpoint pass to Sidebottom in the 3rd without breaking stride.

Wish he would play better in finals???

FMD.

Second grand final in '10 doesn't ring a bell????

Re-watch the first half and his contribution to the flow of play.

Watch the pinpoint pass to Sidebottom in the 3rd without breaking stride.

Wish he would play better in finals???

FMD.
Take it easy. I wish he played better in finals as well (regardless of how well he actually plays).

Take it easy. I wish he played better in finals as well (regardless of how well he actually plays).
I am taking it easy FMD is in this case used in a wondering sense of how anyone could launch a post exhorting our all time champion captain to be a better player.
His record is clear and of the top level.
So take it easy yourself.

I am taking it easy FMD is in this case used in a wondering sense of how anyone could launch a post exhorting our all time champion captain to be a better player.
His record is clear and of the top level.
So take it easy yourself.
Am talking about recent finals when he has been captain. For the last 3 years he has played below par if you take into account his reputation. Remember that the opposition has been losing some of its best mids but he has not capitalised on this. Now I really rate him as a player but I was disappointed with him in 18, especially the granny, the 19 prelim and he did not star this year either. Fancy starting quarters on the bench when you are captain and 2nd in the Copeland.

Am talking about recent finals when he has been captain. For the last 3 years he has played below par if you take into account his reputation. Remember that the opposition has been losing some of its best mids but he has not capitalised on this. Now I really rate him as a player but I was disappointed with him in 18, especially the granny, the 19 prelim and he did not star this year either. Fancy starting quarters on the bench when you are captain and 2nd in the Copeland.
Can’t argue with this

I think a significant part of that has been our coaching panel. Opposition coaches know how valuable Pendlebury is to us (duh), and gameplan a lot to try and shut him down. Often with tactics that are definitely against the rules - never seen anyone held off the ball more than Pendles. But our coaching panel seem to do nothing to free him up when he's being tackled by one guy off the ball and shepherded by another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back