Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunners certainly is a key cog, unreplaceable, but if some of these kids take the next step, next year, and Cunners doesn’t have to do all the heavy lifting, we could quiet easily bounce up the ladder.

Cunners, Jed & WillPhill are now our frontline meat grinder grunts.

Jy 50/50 grunt/shoot & scoot

LDU = The stoppage king

1609670526807.png

Really looking forward to the competition spectators realising how good Jy and LDU really are. Theyve got 10 years to figure it out so its all good.

You watch him shoot & scoot from the contest once Cunners, Jed & Wilful get the ball churning to the outside.

He could even get tagged for the first time this year.

You watch him shoot & scoot from the contest once Cunners, Jed & Wilful get the ball churning to the outside.

Guaranteed - when the opposition coaches see him break and deliver to Souv/Stevo/CT lace out 4 times a quarter it will be red alert damage control. The sample of forward entry kicks last season were the best we have had in 2 decades (1x BMac kick aside)

Doesn’t like losing, he will start willing us to win games soon. My guess by the end of the year he will be involved in a couple of big moments, that’ll turn games for us.

Yep, he's a classic gamebreaker.

Could well do, but personally reckon with his evasive skills, strength, and explosiveness out of the contest hard player to effectively tag,,,,,If I was an opposition coach, I'd be more inclined to try to tag cunners/jy on the inside and restrict the supply to LDU by hand.

Could well do, but personally reckon with his evasive skills, strength, and explosiveness out of the contest hard player to effectively tag,,,,,If I was an opposition coach, I'd be more inclined to try to tag cunners/jy on the inside and restrict the supply to LDU by hand.

At the centre clearances, I would have Cunners at the coal face, Jed & Wilful screening, and LDU & Jy setting up on the defensive side facing forward in the "burst" role, and to feed off Cunners left hand.

The idea is to utilise LDU & Jy as the players to break in to space, and not get caught in traffic.

- Wilful & JZ rotate with Cunners. Tyson is also in this group if he plays.
- Hall can later rotate with Jy & LDU as the game progresses.
- Hayden has the capability to rotate later with Jed.

In a couple of years I would be definitely looking at shifting LDU forward in a Dustin Martin type role.

When Powell & Lazzaro get up to scratch, I can see Lazzaro rotating with Cunners & Wilful, and Powell rotating with LDU & Jy.

Bonar? I dunno yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back