Training Preseason 2021

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Chol has played some good games at the top level but unfortunately has mixed that with some shockers.

I wonder if he hit the wall physically at the tail end of the season, it really was like chalk and cheese his early season form compared to end of year

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
Are we all excited for the coming season? I can't wait personally. Premiership or not I'm really enjoying watching the kids develop and I have a gut feel that a few of our kids are going to really step up this year.

It's honestly still an odd feeling, being optimistic about Richmond. Never would have imagined we'd be in this position.
Absolutely! It's the kids development which will decide how long we can stay up for. the ones we have plus potentially up to 6 kids in the 1st 3 rds of the Draft this yr, we really have the chance to fast track our next generation.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
I agree they do look hungry. I reckon that three peat and to become probably the best team in the AFL era would be the underlying message driving the group. Win it this year. We surpass Brisbane and Hawthorn IMO. Although Hawks were a longer dynasty 08-15
Hawks missed the 8 in '09 but they are the benchmark of the AFL era, we can surpass them this yr.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
I have a couple of hawks family members that go on about the 3 peat and that we dont have that yet so they are still the bench mark gee i would love to win it this yr to shut them up.
I hate the mustard pots so there's another good reason.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeh Chol won't make it for mine. Some have the hunger for the contest, some don't. At 200cm 90+kg, it's essential for that forward/ruck role that he's willing to crash some contests and jump into people. He's never looked comfortable doing that, I think he likes it when it's a bit easier and you don't get that at AFL level competing against the best in the sport.
he needs 4 pints of Nanks or Lunch's angry blood in him...gotta go out there with the attitude that everyones out there
to knock ya block off.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s a weird feeling. Knowing the inevitable is coming at some stage but still trying to ride this wave.

Balta was a teenager in the flag season.

Bolton looks a million bucks.

Baker is a jet.

Nank still a baby for a ruckman...

Short. Soldo. George. (Daniel)Rioli. Graham... some of younger guys already 'proven'.

richmond might rebuild from the top?
Start a new trend . Fairly attractive FA destination with vlastuin. Lynch. Martin. Etc. Arguably have their best years ahead of them.

Keep picking the eyes out of the draft pool you never know .

Last edited:
Make or break for Chol this year with list spots at a premium.
Not sure how you can take the softness out of his game.

Maybe more size?....

He is looking fit in Some of his Insta posts with he and Willie working out in that tin gym on the islands. fu** me it would be hot in there

You're spot on I've had the opportunity to work there previously..was offered a position there for 2021 but I declined..it is a beautiful place though🐯

Ideal size.
Think its more mindset than anything TJ.

Totally agree T_o_o I'm thinking sometimes mindset/confidence (self belief) can grow with body confidence. But not guaranteed though, sometimes body growth can come without the growth/change in mindset....hope that makes sense🤪

Back