One disgruntled longstanding member lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This letter from former player Dr R Peterson was in today's HS. Anyone know what he's so upset about? I'm not aware of the club's views on Australia Day.

View attachment 1047627

The club stood in solidarity with the Indigenous Australians on their day of mourning.

EVERY. SINGLE. CLUB. DID. THE. SAME.

From my knowledge anyways, the letter just brings out his ignorance and racism

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This letter from former player Dr R Peterson was in today's HS. Anyone know what he's so upset about? I'm not aware of the club's views on Australia Day.

View attachment 1047627

It takes guts to call it out in the current climate.

1611883375125.png

LOL, poor deluded soul.

What happened? I didn't see North doing anything on this matter, this woke attitude to try and gradually erode Australia day is annoying, however, and I don't agree with.

The planting of the British Flag is the most important and most significant event to ever happen in this country, without it none of us would be here, we wouldn't even have a game because we wouldn't have needed a way to keep fit for the British summer game of Cricket. I might be a bit biased tho. God save the King :)

Seems like common decency to me.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The North Melbourne Football Club is committed to reconciliation and acknowledges this date marks a day of sadness for many.<br><br>We are proud of and respect our first people and look forward to celebrating our country together and on a day that can be enjoyed by all. <a href="https://t.co/wsFWoHb2tJ">pic.twitter.com/wsFWoHb2tJ</a></p>&mdash; North Melbourne (@NMFCOfficial) <a href="">January 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What happened? I didn't see North doing anything on this matter, this woke attitude to try and gradually erode Australia day is annoying, however, and I don't agree with.

The planting of the British Flag is the most important and most significant event to ever happen in this country, without it none of us would be here, we wouldn't even have a game because we wouldn't have needed a way to keep fit for the British summer game of Cricket. I might be a bit biased tho. God save the King :)
How dare Jy Simpkin talk to the media about his feelings on the matter. *shakes hand angrily*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The North Melbourne Football Club is committed to reconciliation and acknowledges this date marks a day of sadness for many.<br><br>We are proud of and respect our first people and look forward to celebrating our country together and on a day that can be enjoyed by all. <a href="https://t.co/wsFWoHb2tJ">pic.twitter.com/wsFWoHb2tJ</a></p>&mdash; North Melbourne (@NMFCOfficial) <a href="">January 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We "acknowledge this date marks a day of sadness for many".

Monstrous stance.

Not federation? Not the anglo-saxon invasion of Britain? Not the deep sea life forms moving on to land?

Is that it? Sounds like a major overreaction on his part.. weird if he played for north and been a north supported all his life

Not federation? Not the anglo-saxon invasion of Britain? Not the deep sea life forms moving on to land?

True, how far back to you go... Not federation as there would be no federation without the colonies. But the 1066 and the norman conquest could come into it.

I think we should become a republic and then change the day. That said with 50% opposed to a date h age and only 28% wanting it to change, its playing with Fire for a football club to advocate changing the date.

Would the club be ok with 50% of members not joining up like this bloke?

I think we should become a republic and then change the day. That said with 50% opposed to a date h age and only 28% wanting it to change, its playing with Fire for a football club to advocate changing the date.

Would the club be ok with 50% of members not joining up like this bloke?
No but that's like saying would the club be happy if 18 of our players defected to rugby league. They'd be pissed off but the hypothetical is a tiny bit ridiculous yeah?

He does have a point though. Maybe we should stop celebrating Anzac Day considering how many Turks and Germans we killed.

Last I checked we don't "celebrate" ANZAC day but I wholeheartedly agree that there are times that certain elements of our community / political parasites veer into that territory and it should be avoided.

Always fascinated by what equates to a member's point of no return.

Of all the things he must have experienced as a long term Roo, seems an odd tipping point.

Imagine making it through the Farren Ray recruitment, Adelaide final capitulations or Brad Scott's implosion before the boot and drawing the line at a stance that says that the club acknowledges that a bunch of white imperialists turning up from halfway around the world to steal an entire continent from the locals might be cause for an uncomfortable day to celebrate for said locals (and others for that matter). Personally I'd prefer a day that celebrates our best - day of women's suffrage implementation, day of aboriginal recognition, the day we decided Foster's wasn't that great and foisted it on the international community, they'd all be worthy considerations along with a republic being formed.

Anyway what a snowflake.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's obviously a fan of cancel culture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back