news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame Vick got brutally hurt again. Such a nice character and comes from a good team of individuals (look up Lloyd Irvin if unsure)

I look forward to his next fight, hopefully against another good boxer
Vick has retired.

I was never a huge fan of the bloke, but this is hard to read.

I hope he has a nice life post-fighting. However I suspect the physical and mental damage will make it pretty miserable.

EtQnCM7WYAACtlP

UFC fighters especially outside the main card have 0 obligation to 'work' until fight night. They essentially have no contracted hours, no commitments and no real standards the UFC holds them to outside serious crime.
This is interesting, and something I didn't know as I'm at the starting point of learning about the competition.

Given the money paid to the fighters, due you think there should be an obligation of working hours with fitness etc, or do think it works well with the current situation?

This is interesting, and something I didn't know as I'm at the starting point of learning about the competition.

Given the money paid to the fighters, due you think there should be an obligation of working hours with fitness etc, or do think it works well with the current situation?
Nah because they get paid to show, and double their money if they win. Plus couple losses can see you cut so there's no reason someone wouldn't work hard as * anyway.

She mentioned in the presser that she's making 10x what she made in the ufc. Ufc was 40k and 40k.
She seems to forget that without the UFC nobody knows who she is and she wouldn't be getting that money. =/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If she's earning $400K for BKFC they'll go bust soon. Clearly no comprehension of actual fighter value

PVZ isn't a fighter to pay huge money too. Will her IG followers translate to views, most are on there to perve, not watch her 'compete' and pay for the privilege.

That said, I seriously doubt she's actually getting that. A BKFC PPV at best does 40k buys, even that might be optimistic. Where's 400k for her coming from once costs are paid. Sponsors would be a pittance, no legit company is associating with this

Might stream it if I'm home but unlikely.

Volkov/Reem - who's everyone picking?

If she's earning $400K for BKFC they'll go bust soon. Clearly no comprehension of actual fighter value

PVZ isn't a fighter to pay huge money too. Will her IG followers translate to views, most are on there to perve, not watch her 'compete' and pay for the privilege.

That said, I seriously doubt she's actually getting that. A BKFC PPV at best does 40k buys, even that might be optimistic. Where's 400k for her coming from once costs are paid. Sponsors would be a pittance, no legit company is associating with this

Yah if Poiriers getting 1-3 million on 1-2 million PPV buys, then how you could justify Paige making 400k is beyond me.

She must be doing some serious promotional time

Spot on.

Volk but as with every Reem fight for the last 20 years, would not be the least bit surprised if he completely dominated it.

Have been going back and forth. Think I'm locked into Volk. Reem will need a liver kick, knees in the clinch or easy TD's to win and I'm not sure the latter is possible for him. Volk late stoppage or decision

Pantoja/Kape & Benny/Ferriera decent fights and always like Frankie. This card probably better than the 258 PPV!

Yah if Poiriers getting 1-3 million on 1-2 million PPV buys, then how you could justify Paige making 400k is beyond me.

She must be doing some serious promotional time
Apples & oranges tbh.

The contracts for each would stipulate can's & cant's, which would factor into overall contracted fighter pay. Sponsorships & promo would have everything to do with it. if she has freedom to promote (keeping in mind her and Sage were at one point the highest yeilding paid from sponsor fighters many moons ago from a brief period) whoever wants her to wear their logo on their fight gear, that's a lot of money there that UFC fighters lose. Freedom to once again earn from that would be everything, BKFC association or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back