Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If Treacy can take a strong grab and kick long he's got enough fitness and half a footy brain he might be a chance for a debut not long into the season.
Round 1. Book him in
The Bloke is from the Rookie list.

I dont have any high expectations on him. If he becomes another Matt Taberner then thats fine.

I dont expect him to play a handful of games this season. I am happy if he plays one.

Taberner and Lobb are the only Full Forwards on our list. Both are 27, turning 28 this year so we have 3-5 years left out of them.

That could mean that Cox Will be in his prime years in 3-4 years as well and Josh Tracy could notch up 30-40 games and 30-40 goals too.

There’s every chance that a few late selections & even a rookie will jump up this year around the league & have an impact.

With no exposed form in Victoria last season, there’s going to be some players who have improved without recruiters even knowing it.

From all reports Treacy worked hard in lockdown & he looks a competitive beast & all we’ll need is a forward to come in & bring the ball down to ground, I reckon he could come in & do this if needed.

I think he’ll become a fan favourite pretty quickly.

Match report and pic gallery are in for 6 Feb Training.

Treacy is a real Smokey for early rounds, if Darcy doesn’t get up. Lobb as ruck with Meek. Could work. Tabs definitely need another FF to help out.
Is Treacy a right footer or left?

The Bloke is from the Rookie list.

I dont have any high expectations on him. If he becomes another Matt Taberner then thats fine.

I dont expect him to play a handful of games this season. I am happy if he plays one.

Taberner and Lobb are the only Full Forwards on our list. Both are 27, turning 28 this year so we have 3-5 years left out of them.

That could mean that Cox Will be in his prime years in 3-4 years as well and Josh Tracy could notch up 30-40 games and 30-40 goals too.
Really can’t see Cox going up forward again. The coaches seem content with him developing down back full tome. Hamling isn’t 100%, Pearce is fragile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading match sim reports really is like crack. I'm impatient for another hit already.
Real interesting with Blakely. Full pre season, which he hasn’t had. Played on Fyfe, which is no easy feat. Acres/Blakely will be great competition. Acres also having a full pre season.

Such a shame about Sam Sturt. The guy reminds me of a delicate glass chandelier that has to be handled with extreme care.
Hopefully I’m wrong but there are worrying early signs in his career that his body just might not be cut out for the rough and thrust of AFL footy.
exciting to see the news draftees showing up well.

Such a shame about Sam Sturt. The guy reminds me of a delicate glass chandelier that has to be handled with extreme care.
Hopefully I’m wrong but there are worrying early signs in his career that his body just might not be cut out for the rough and thrust of AFL footy.
On the positive side, it is the one injury, not a series of them. Hopefully it is just about getting it right.

Yeah I’m pretty concerned too. He’s such a unique package and would bring a huge point of difference to our forward line IF his body holds up. Depending on match ups he could play any of the four forward positions.

I’m loving all of the adjectives about Sturt these days, whereas when we drafted him all but a few were saying why the * did we pick him.
Chapman heading the same way.

Geez this young crop has me excited for our future.

Some serious talent with excellent work ethic.
February: traditionally the best month for us Freo fans. Everything is looking optimistic, even our depth looks elite, and there are minimal injuries. ;)

Wonder what the plan is for Blakely, twice now he’s shadowed Fyfe. Is it they’re just giving Fyfe more experience in playing with a tag & Blakely is the guinea pig because they don’t really have a role for him or are they legitimately looking at using Blakely as a run with mid?

Bit of both maybe with Banfield a long way down the list as a high forward option.

Real interesting with Blakely. Full pre season, which he hasn’t had. Played on Fyfe, which is no easy feat. Acres/Blakely will be great competition. Acres also having a full pre season.
Isn't Blakely's problem he kicks the footy like he's kicking a bag of flour? It's not his fitness that's the problem it's that he's just super average.

There’s every chance that a few late selections & even a rookie will jump up this year around the league & have an impact.

With no exposed form in Victoria last season, there’s going to be some players who have improved without recruiters even knowing it.

From all reports Treacy worked hard in lockdown & he looks a competitive beast & all we’ll need is a forward to come in & bring the ball down to ground, I reckon he could come in & do this if needed.

I think he’ll become a fan favourite pretty quickly.

The commentators will love Treacy passing the ball to Chapman.

Music to their ears.

The commentators will love Treacy passing the ball to Chapman.

Music to their ears.
Dennis Commetti could be tempted out of retirement by the possibilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back