Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the cost of hotel quarantine, regional resorts with self-contained accommodation must be a consideration. Operators suffering from border closures get some government bookings to stay afloat as well.

meh, id be more sympathetic to Vic if Andrews wasnt such a *in clown.

His political point scoring has finally nailed him.

If NSW can manage it with MORE people coming into the state than he shouldn't have any excuses. Especially when he reckons his system is better than NSW.

Think its time for him to go now.

There are too many variables for the r0 value to be accurate. there are some studies up about it.

The UK strain in WA didn't spread. In SA, it spread wildly among family members living together, but not so much in the public. Social distancing definitely works. I think the UK spread so rapidly because everyone was indoors. I'm not invested in the idea that the uk strain is more contagious at this point.

As a side note, the only way an R0 can be accurate is for general or more random dispersion of the public. But we are socially distancing.
~3.4 (compared to 2.5)
Yes, but how are these numbers relevant in Australia? We've changed our behaviours.

meh, id be more sympathetic to Vic if Andrews wasnt such a fu**in clown.

If NSW can manage it with MORE people coming into the state than he shouldn't have any excuses. Especially when he reckons his system is better than NSW.

You don't understand; this is a super HYPER-infectious strain; far beyond anything ever before seen in the history of the universe.

It's not the systems. No. They're gold standard.

meh, id be more sympathetic to Vic if Andrews wasnt such a fu**in clown.

The problem lies with Scomo. He's continually shut down conversations about quarantine. He politically point scored with NSW, talked up our economy while allowing borders to shut down because of his failure to address national quarantine.

The problem lies with Scomo. He's continually shut down conversations about quarantine. He politically point scored with NSW, talked up our economy while allowing borders to shut down because of his failure to address national quarantine.
This is correct. Andrews will bear his fair share of blame, but ultimately it shouldn't be at this point. Morrison is an absolute grub of a person, sitting back with his hands in the air like he can't do anything.

Given the cost of hotel quarantine, regional resorts with self-contained accommodation must be a consideration. Operators suffering from border closures get some government bookings to stay afloat as well.

Spent abit of time at Camp Baxter while on exercise with Army, the old Immigration/Detention Centre in SA.

If it's still there, and yes it's not the nicest place, would almost be ideal given the location with the airfield (Alamein and Augusta), setup for individual and group seperation and if they threw a bit of money back at it to make the couple of weeks abit more comfortable.

Surely, nationally something like this needs to happen.

scomo is all care and no responsibility.

and the stupid thing is he can be, because the law states that the states are responsible.

The law should have been changed in April 2020 so the Q program & Borders was managed by Federal Gov, so 1 single approach was taken. Hindsight is obviously a good thing but the fact we a 1 year on with all states still doing their own add hoc programs and border closures is really telling.

They were given a months or so notice to come home this time last year and they were warned if they chose not to, they would experience the exact issues they are facing now. They chose to ignore it so stiff s**t.

Different for those that have had to travel overseas in the last 12 months on compassionate grounds. They should be given priority to come home.

But i have absolutely no sympathy for those that chose to ignore the warnings thinking they can come home whenever it suits them.
I suggest you read the recent posts from Pilchard_Adams in this thread and then see if you have the same opinion, I’ll wait.

Surprised you liked the post Forward Press, given you were here for the posts.

regional victoria is rather empty of melbourne folk given summer holidays have ended and school started again.

I'm on Phillip Island and I fully expect the Bass Hwy to be backed up from Cowes to Lang Lang / Koo We Rup prior to the lockdown commencing and then once they're all here, they'll strip the supermarkets bare. They never think to grab supplies before they leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll go close. By Wednesday we will have more cases confirmed so longer lockdown.

The real question is when does the lockdown no longer become the default response to positive tests? Or is this just the new norm? In and out of lockdown as the govt sees fit...

Imagine being a small business in Victoria and receiving all of your fresh food supplies for the weekend this morning.

I suggest you read the recent posts from Pilchard_Adams in this thread and then see if you have the same opinion, I’ll wait.

Surprised you liked the post Forward Press, given you were here for the posts.

I agreed with the last bits.

Different for those that have had to travel overseas in the last 12 months on compassionate grounds. They should be given priority to come home.

But i have absolutely no sympathy for those that chose to ignore the warnings thinking they can come home whenever it suits them.

I have empathy for those who stayed overseas for essential work or family reasons or had to leave for compassionate grounds.

Imagine being a small business in Victoria and receiving all of your fresh food supplies for the weekend this morning.

How many B'n'Bs or day spas are going to be hit up for refunds?

scomo is all care and no responsibility.

and the stupid thing is he can be, because the law states that the states are responsible.

The law should have been changed in April 2020 so the Q program & Borders was managed by Federal Gov, so 1 single approach was taken. Hindsight is obviously a good thing but the fact we a 1 year on with all states still doing their own add hoc programs and border closures is really telling.

Quarantine is a Commonwealth head of power, explicitly stated in the highest law of the land - the Australian Constitution. Not sure what you're on about. The States are managing quarantine because the Feds are choosing not to.

I'm on Phillip Island and I fully expect the Bass Hwy to be backed up from Cowes to Lang Lang / Koo We Rup prior to the lockdown commencing and then once they're all here, they'll strip the supermarkets bare. They never think to grab supplies before they leave.

I’m chancing it and not escaping Melbourne this time around. Might let my folks use the holiday house this time, they do own it after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back