NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Today Rotoworld no longer exists. Now it defaults to nbcsports.com, same looking site (kinda). NBC obviously mustve bought them out.
NBC bought them out years ago, but I think they changed over recently and are going to integrate with PointsBet which NBC bought a chunk of recently as well

By the way, the number one reason Marty was an awesome head coach?

Record in Cleveland versus the Pittspuke Squeelers

12-2

As we liked to say back then, they were not our rivals...just a W

;)

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Raiders are "very interested" in signing impending free agent JuJu Smith-Schuster.
Smith-Schuster should be regarded as an interesting option for most teams if only because he's recorded 3,726 receiving yards through his first four years in the league and won't turn 25 until November. The Raiders are still an intriguing spot since there's no guarantee Nelson Agholor, who finished second on the team in targets (82) and receiving yards (896), returns in free agency. Hunter Renfrow led Las Vegas in slot rate (63.4%) last year, perhaps creating a logjam at the position, but a loaded roster has never stopped Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock from getting their 'guys.' The Jets have also been linked to Smith-Schuster this offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Andrew Fillipponi on Twitter
Feb 11, 2021, 12:23 AM ET

Given what we offered for Stafford this makes me very nervous. Just stay at #8 and take Lance you plebs. Would be an absolutely pointless move given your have to pay Darnold in a years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill say one thing. my friendship with the Colts will die if they are dumb enough to trade for Wentz. They will just be another campaigner dome team.

And the Chargers might become the AFC team i have a soft spot for, Because im all in on Herbert. I liked him at Oregon but his game against Tampa in his 2nd or 3rd start sold me on him in the NFL

The Athletic's Zak Keefer reports NFL teams are "showing over the last week that they're not gonna budge on the Eagles' very, very steep initial offer" for Carson Wentz.
Keefer named the Colts and implied other teams are in the market for Wentz, who is certainly on his way out of Philadelphia. The Bears have reportedly shown interest in acquiring Wentz, but even a QB-hungry team like Chicago seems unwilling to pay a premium for Wentz. The Eagles reportedly don't want to give up Wentz for less than the Lions got from the Rams for Matthew Stafford -- namely, a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick, and a 2023 first-round pick. Wentz's total debacle of a 2020 campaign complicates things for Philadephia. The Wentz trade rumors could persist for weeks -- or months -- unless the Eagles budge.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter
Feb 12, 2021, 11:27 AM ET

Chargers C Mike Pouncey announced his retirement.
The four-time Pro Bowler was placed on injured reserve last September following hip surgery. Pouncey, 31, retired Friday along with twin brother, Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey. Mike Pouncey was selected by the Dolphins with the 15th overall NFL draft pick in 2011. He played seven seasons in Miami -- one as a right guard -- before finishing his career with the Chargers. Mike Pouncey was due to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Feb 12, 2021, 10:58 AM ET

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Deshaun Watson is "intrigued" by a potential trade to the Broncos or 49ers.
On Watson being traded to the Jets, Fowler said, "Eh, probably not," cooling the hopes of Jets fans who believed new head coach Robert Saleh could lure Watson to New York. 9News' Mike Klis, a longtime Broncos beat reporter, confirmed that league insiders have said Watson is interested in Denver as a landing spot. It would be hard to imagine the Niners not making a concerted effort to acquire Watson, who would lead an offense stacked with explosive upside. The Broncos are definitely near the top of Watson's trade wish list though. Watson in Denver would offer a massive fantasy boost for Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and Jerry Jeudy. The Texans continue to play hardball with their franchise QB as trade talks persist.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Get Up ESPN on Twitter
Feb 12, 2021, 10:42 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back