AFLW Rnd 4 - Carlton v Richmond Gameday

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't like her nasal voice.

I think she puts on a voice for emphasis. It just sounds forced. I much prefer natural commentary, with only the magic moments going up a level with genuine enthusiasm.

I pay for Foxtel to see my team. I want decent commentators.
They could be talking dogs for all I care if they are good at it. Kelli is not good at it imo. Nothing to do with being a female. I hate plenty of male commentators too because I don't think they are good at their job either.
Spot on.
Bring back Drew Morphett and Louie the lip and Robbo. Todays mob arent comentators they are horse race callers and barrackers that shout non stop.

Last edited:

I pay for Foxtel to see my team. I want decent commentators.
They could be talking dogs for all I care if they are good at it. Kelli is not good at it imo. Nothing to do with being a female. I hate plenty of male commentators too because I don't think they are good at their job either.
Agreed.
I don't know how many times she put her foot in her mouth making mistakes. And clearly cheering Richmond on which was nauseating.

Much more movement between teams in AFLW. I think St Kilda last week had 4-5 ex Carlton players.
I guess that's due to the semi-professional nature as most of the AFLW players work or study full-time as well. They move for opportunity if they can get a regular game elsewhere eg. Kate Shierlaw is one who comes to mind quickly.
Kate Sheirlaw got delisted by us and then had a season out of the AFLW (2019) as no club picked her up before getting picked up by St Kilda as part of their inaugural squad.

1 week ban on the table.

Thanks underwood.
The player tried to run over Maddie after they were tackled, nothing in it.

Underwood tried to throw Maddie under the bus though.

1 week ban on the table.

Thanks underwood.

So I assume that the exact same thing that happened in the Dogs/Lions game has been cited as well?

If the club don't appeal this they're idiots.

All clear 🙄

Lions/Crows game.

Actually, I meant the Dogs/Dees game, and Toogood's similar tackle did get cited, but her's is "low impact" somehow, whereas Maddy's is "medium impact". I guess the commentator reaction is a factor when it comes to impact.

Actually, I meant the Dogs/Dees game, and Toogood's similar tackle did get cited, but her's is "low impact" somehow, whereas Maddy's is "medium impact". I guess the commentator reaction is a factor when it comes to impact.

Doesn’t play for Carlton.

All clear along with all the others cited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

be interested in Jimmae 's thoughts..........
Missed this at the time, sorry, but as you saw, there's not much you can do to contain such an athletic player at times, especially with our options.

You just bottle her up on the inside and prevent her ability to put it in dangerous spots on the outside.

Every Fox Show.

Create/control the narrative while ignoring what’s in front of you.
Not a fan. For me it is purely her voice tones They distract me so much I never actually listen to what she says. I like Daisy and her comments. Prefer the ch7 commentary for women overall so far
Haven't gotten to see this game yet but look forward to it.

Dalton, Walker and S.Hosking missing. They were our speed queens, and very effective by the end of the season. Missing them badly.
Missing them big time...
Speed and run yes, Dalton and Walker created some really nice passages of play with wonderful run and great overlapping, both were dangerous when we were on the attack running into open space forward of the ball, good defensive pressure too... As far as skill/disposal goes i wouldn’t class them as highly skilled but both are code crossers that possess good enough skills atm that with more games under their belts could really improve that part of their games big time...
100%. Thought the run of Dalton and Walker were our biggest point of difference last year. Real line breakers both of them. Hopefully Walker back in soon. And clearly Davies was a huge loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back