Review Hawks v Dogs Practice Match, Wednesday 24th Feb 10.30am

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, agree with the comms there. Mitch Lewis looking better already than last season. Couple of brain farts, but impacting.

On the Downie train!

Plus Impey conspicuous late

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We finished that quarter well on top. We have settled a bit after the Doggies got off to a more composed start. Downie and Breust show that quarter.

Half Time: 7.7.49 Dogs - 7.3.45 Hawks

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jeez if we can play footy like that quarter more consistently this year I'm going to be a very happy supporter.
The interesting thing for mine is our midfield wasn't dominant, nor do I remember much of them doing... much.

Massive wraps on Downie, Morrison, Hanrahan, Lewis and Brockman just seems to do good things whenever he gets near it.

Jeez if we can play footy like that quarter more consistently this year I'm going to be a very happy supporter.
The interesting thing for mine is our midfield wasn't dominant, nor do I remember much of them doing... much.

Massive wraps on Downie, Morrison, Hanrahan, Lewis and Brockman just seems to do good things whenever he gets near it.

We've been as consistently beaten in the clearances as we were almost all through last year.

Our ability to stay in the game despite being dominated in that area week in and week out is almost beyond explanation.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We've been as consistently beaten in the clearances as we were almost all through last year.

Our ability to stay in the game despite being dominated in that area week in and week out is almost beyond explanation.
Imagine what could be if our midfield clicks!

No 50m penalties from the new man on the mark rule? Haven't even noticed the rule change to be honest

None yet. I did notice at one point Jarman was the man on the mark and deliberately stood still with his arms behind his back - was quite noticeable and funny.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It's a preseason game so it isn't a big deal but missing Mitchell & Wingard against a strong Bulldogs midfield unit (even with some of their outs) makes it pretty tough in the contested department.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's a preseason game so it isn't a big deal but missing Mitchell & Wingard against a strong Bulldogs midfield unit (even with some of their outs) makes it pretty tough in the contested department.
Exactly. They are basically a team of mids.

perrdan09

Senior List
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm not watching the game, but curious what people think about CJ.

I see his disposal isn't the best, does everything else he does outweigh the issues with his disposal given how costly turnovers can be?

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
No 50m penalties from the new man on the mark rule? Haven't even noticed the rule change to be honest

Yet the 50m was originally for teams employing delaying tactics. Id like to see any slight 'scragging' at all penalised. there seems to be a new 'use' for the 50m every year

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

I see his disposal isn't the best, does everything else he does outweigh the issues with his disposal given how costly turnovers can be?

His second efforts good. Imagine if we had a Hodge alongside him

Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The usual things I have see so far, a mixed bag, looks good at times but decision making is iffy, needs to iron out his mistakes to play in the seniors

Back