Review Hawks v Dogs Practice Match, Wednesday 24th Feb 10.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

Chucked on the game for a few mins at a time and saw 2 of Hanrahan's goals and one of Breusts. God that commentary team apart from the Hawks fan Browne was shocking. The women seemed like she didn't really know what was going on at all. Amateur stuff. I think at one time she said she expected Hanrahan to be a tall marking option?
Apparently she did the commentators course...! But they both need to learn the opposition team names...

Hey mate, I haven't uploaded it yet & probably wont be able to until Friday arvo so if you're still after it then I can do.
I will be still after it then, and be forever in your debt.

We were pretty scrappy in the first quarter, Bulldogs fan must of uploaded the first quarter, We dramatically improve after the first, I won’t be watching the first quarter again, if they upload the last 3 quarters, I will have another watch
From what I've seen (about ten minutes in) they should never let bulldogs supporters commentate. You have to be able to form words.

Chucked on the game for a few mins at a time and saw 2 of Hanrahan's goals and one of Breusts. God that commentary team apart from the Hawks fan Browne was shocking. The women seemed like she didn't really know what was going on at all. Amateur stuff. I think at one time she said she expected Hanrahan to be a tall marking option?
Rated her higher than the channel 7 commentary team (bar Hodge) tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please refer to him by his full name, Angus Hanrahan.

It might only be a practice game but I enjoyed hearing we got the win, not going to win many this season so I'll enjoy whatever win we can get.

Nice to hear we also took the game on with some decent ball movement also.

The most pleasing thing about this game, for me, was the resilience shown by this group of young players to keep coming back, outlast the opposition, and eventually win the game. Good signs ahead.

I also sense (and I think it has been mentioned in this thread) that there is a growing camaraderie vibe in this group, which is encouraging.

I really wish Dan howe was a little bit faster and better through the core , he would then be a pretty big problem for teams as an inside mid . Now at this point in his career he still doesn't have a main position.

For anyone that put up with the commentary jn the reserves game how did dgb fair on juh?. They should of just ran him arpund in that game I thought instead of playing a half in the 1's.

It might only be a practice game but I enjoyed hearing we got the win, not going to win many this season so I'll enjoy whatever win we can get.

Come on mate, it doesn't need a qualifier. You can be happy to hear we got the win without it being for some sad sack reason about not winning many in the real season.

Come on mate, it doesn't need a qualifier. You can be happy to hear we got the win without it being for some sad sack reason about not winning many in the real season.

To quote Garland Greene from Con Air - happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.

Are you not up with the way HODGEYROAD goes about it?

He only mostly says positive things about the Handbaggers or the Tiggers.

Pretty much every time he has even faint praise for anything the Hawks do, it’s always with the Doom and Gloom rider.

It’s why he and HAWKSBESTEVA, like each others posts so much.

You could point out the FACT that we are the most successful club in the Comp for a tad over the last half a century, and he would come back with “But we are s**t now”

It’s almost like he has no clue how the Comp works and how being so good for so long comes with a price and that price is a slow hard rebuild where you grasp any ray of sunlight.

I strongly suspect he has been following the Hawks for 5 minutes and has no idea about how our club has delivered in spades for our members and supporters for a long period of time (12 Premierships since I have been a member)

I am a realist like most on here and we know where our club sits ATM and the long hard road we have ahead of ourselves but HODGEYROAD refuses to find any joy or positives without his usual “We are s**t and will not win anything” rider.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back