England tour of India (4 Tests, 5 T20Is, 3 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the batting has been poor but a pitch shouldn't be favouring spinners to this extent, when a part time spinner like Root is taking 5/8 and a match is finishing inside 2 days it should be ringing alarm bells.

reminds me of a very similar pitch where a part timer took 6/9. Garbage lottery pitch that time too.

That has somehow yielded 3 wickets from balls turning more than you’d see on 90 per cent of pitches.

Has one player aside from leach actually used his feet?

How the f*** can you blame a pitch for blokes who can’t sweep, trying to sweep balls off middle stump? Sibley waiting a whole five overs to try and inexplicably launch a ball into orbit that was about two feet short of landing where he needed it to in order to play the shot?

Mate it's a s**t pitch.

One ball spins a mile then the next ball is pitched in basically the same spot and it goes straight. Sorry but that's a s**t pitch in my book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a terrible spectacle of test cricket. An absolutely atrocious pitch mixed with some rank batting.

I don't mind games like this occasionally. I wouldn't want it to be the norm obviously, but they're pretty entertaining outliers when they pop up every now and then.

We dont necessarily want roads but super bunsens like this doesn't make it a great spectacle either. More Smith being a class above anyone else (ala Ashes 2019, some of India 2017) on not an easy wicket please...

I don't mind games like this occasionally. I wouldn't want it to be the norm obviously, but they're pretty entertaining outliers when they pop up every now and then.
It's definitely better than a road, but you at least want to give the batsman more of a chance of doing something. Aside from Sharma and Crawley, it's been a shambles.

Mate it's a sh*t pitch.

One ball spins a mile then the next ball is pitched in basically the same spot and it goes straight. Sorry but that's a sh*t pitch in my book.

Doesn’t excuse the sheer inability of anyone to construct a plan to play it. Leach of all people aside, I haven’t seen a single player use their feet, I haven’t seen a single player actually try and take the Rangana Herath approach and play for no turn, I haven’t seen a single player try to use the crease laterally. It has reeked of panic and if a team who has completely talked themselves into half of their dismissals. It has been ok bowling but not remarkable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back