Preview Geelong vs Collingwood, Practice Match Fri 26 Feb, 11am @ GMHBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don't understand with both todays practice game and also the AFLW is why don't we keep the nets up behind the goals - they don't have folk sitting there for AFLW games, so surely it would be an easier option than trying to find the ball in the empty stand

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
One thing I don't understand with both todays practice game and also the AFLW is why don't we keep the nets up behind the goals - they don't have folk sitting there for AFLW games, so surely it would be an easier option than trying to find the ball in the empty stand

From my playing days the excuse used was possible danger the poles pose to the players.
Easy enough fix, just put the nets outside the fence.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
22A5A4DE-3922-428E-91A3-0527E88D3444.jpeg

its good to be back

Looks to be more urgent too, seen some hand offs that they wouldn't have attempted last year which is a good sign early.

Wonder if part of that is curtesy of the new "Stand" rule - the quick hand off keeps the ball moving when the closest opponent may be a bit flat footed

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
I do look forward to this year's meltdown by someone because they think preseason form = season form.

And, of course, David King takes preseason form very seriously, so that should tell you everything you need to know about it.

It really does, Still, I'm not sure Kingy is so into preseason analysis since Moons retired, though...

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back