Game Day Geelong vs Collingwood Practice Match @11AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree and disagree lol. I don’t think the result is irrelevant. Winning builds confidence, regardless of what the game is worth. In saying that, a close loss may also build confidence.

I don’t think North are walking away from their blowout yesterday thinking that the result is irrelevant. It is only a practice game, but the players spend all off-season building a style they hope will hold up against opposition, losses plant seeds of doubt. Like I said though, close losses can still be positive.
Unless there are 4 points up for grabs, the result doesn't matter - at all.

Tyler Brown slots a nice goal. 40 - 39. Pies lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bear moves the ball forward after a Cox mark. Darcy Cameron lines up from 55 and falls short. Ball punched through for a behind. 47 all.

Siren goes as Jenkins line up from boundary. Kicks it, cats up 54 - 47.

- Howe taking a few marks, moving well.
- Crisp playing well.
- Roughhead and Madgen have been caught out of position a few times.
- Noble getting plenty of it.
- Sidey doesn't look injured after slight scare. Getting a little bit, but not damaging.
- Henry looks good, may play round 1.
- Bianco, Cox and Greenwood only came on that quarter. Bianco didn't get near it, Cox and Greenwood had a couple of touches. Greenwood had turnover which resulted in goal from first touch.
- Hoskin Elliot has looked ok in patches. Was influential in the second quarter.
- Sier looking good through the midfield.
- Haven't seen much of Ruscoe.
- Murphy has been quiet.
- Grundy playing like the extra midfield of old so far.
- Daicos getting a few touches, but not nothing dangerous so far.
- Tyler Brown has looked good.
- Callum Brown has been quiet, but is applying pressure.
- Elliot has been quiet, but kicking straight when he gets a chance.
- Quaynor and Thomas have been ok, but quiet.
- Maynard doing was he usually does.
- Moore was quiet initially, but has worked into it.

Ball movement much better after first quarter. However, we have struggled at times moving the ball cleanly into forward line.

Midfield has been inconsistent, but we are trying different players through there at each bounce.

Backline has been exposed at times.

Last edited:
Unless there are 4 points up for grabs, the result doesn't matter - at all.
So if there’s not 4 points up for grabs why bother playing the game? I’ll tell you why, it’s to try and build confidence and momentum going into the regular season. Winning isn’t everything, but the result is important. Get blown out like North, that’s an issue.

Isn't it meant to be 25 minute flat quarters?
That mark was taken 10 seconds after 25 minutes, dodgy timekeeping at Geelong.
I noticed that the siren went at 24:48 at the end of the second. Maybe the timekeepers and the media team aren’t 100% in sync

Remove this Banner Ad

Back