Game Day Geelong vs Collingwood Practice Match @11AM

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
- Pendles was off the last half.
- Grundy sat out the last quarter.
- IMO Noble was probably the BOG for us.
- Henry looks likely for the early rounds.
- Ruscoe finished with two, which is a good sign. May put his hand up for a spot early too.
- Elliot finished with three, which was great to see.
- Usual suspects did ok.
- Didn't bring much intensity early, so Cats got a jump on us.
- Cameron sat off second half for them, think Dangerfield sat off too.
- Checkers was icing shin after game, hopefully no injury. Didn't look like any other injuries.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Only a 4 qtr game, not 6.

giphy.gif

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
Not too impressed by that, same old same old to me, some new faces but not going to go anywhere this year. I will admit I do want a new coach and game plan, look at the women’s team and their development under a new coach.
Anyway, I hope we go well and the young players develop into a promising group.

Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Q4 72-74 Narrow loss but better intensity in the final 3 quarters after getting jumped early

- Grundy rested last quarter but Cox took over the ruck and had some influence too. Nice to see our ruckman try and make the play today. That had disappeared from Grundy's work last season
- Tight contest that quarter and Cats made better use of their opportunities.
- Ruscoe bobbed up for a couple of goals. Elliott a third
- Hopefully Mihocek's calf isn't a serious problem. De Goey expected to play next week against Richmond, Mayne OK post concussion and Adams may still miss

- Better players on the day from my perspective Grundy, Noble, Howe, Elliott

- Of those who didn't feature much last year, Sier showed a bit in the middle and Oli Henry is a shot for round 1. WHE comparisons are valid as to the type of player he is. Surprised we didn't see much of most of our younger players. Murphy and Bianco got a half but were relatively quiet. Macrae, McCreery, Chugg, McIness, Poulter, McMahon, Rantall all absent for various reasons

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
- Pendles was off the last half.
- Grundy sat out the last quarter.
- IMO Noble was probably the BOG for us.
- Henry looks likely for the early rounds.
- Ruscoe finished with two, which is a good sign. May put his hand up for a spot early too.
- Elliot finished with three, which was great to see.
- Usual suspects did ok.
- Didn't bring much intensity early, so Cats got a jump on us.
- Cameron sat off second half for them, think Dangerfield sat off too.
- Checkers was icing shin after game, hopefully no injury. Didn't look like any other injuries.
Stewart also sat out for the Cats.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
spare me. have i melted at all? im just saying our gameplan doesnt look solid and hasn't changed much. are you impressed so far? do you have anything else to go off?

maybe you should us tell what you were expecting against the runners up of 2020, who also belted us in the finals.

Last edited:

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore looked to take a strong mark, but fumbled it late. Ends up in Cats hands, and goal. 60 - 54.

Wasn't really good footage but looked more to me that his arm was taken late. Ditto C Brown's attempted mark in a similar situation, massive shove in the back in the marking contest. Both incidents resulted in Cats scores.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Isn't Bianco touted as an elite user? So far, no composure.

It was a couple of pretty ordinary disposals but happy to cut him some slack.

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wasn't really good footage but looked more to me that his arm was taken late. Ditto C Brown's attempted mark in a similar situation, massive shove in the back in the marking contest. Both incidents resulted in Cats scores.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise. A few arm chops were missed.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not too impressed by that, same old same old to me, some new faces but not going to go anywhere this year. I will admit I do want a new coach and game plan, look at the women’s team and their development under a new coach.
Anyway, I hope we go well and the young players develop into a promising group.

AFLW were very poor performers in the past so current coach was working off a very low base.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Back