Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had something similar. Was a packed session of something but majority of the front seats were free. I went to do a check and saw this movement at the front so I walk down and it’s some 15 year old kid absolutely finger hanging the hell out his girl. They were lying down over the seats and I guess because the seats are tiered up, you can’t really get a good look from above.

i flash my light on them and ask them to leave and he looks up at me and goes “what for?!” Whilst still plugging away haha.
Caught red-handed.

I'm sorry.

party pooper 🤣
Haha I told them after surely they can find somewhere better to do it than a public place like the cinemas.

I am also power hungry haha. The power you feel from kicking them out.

I generally don’t care about sneaking in and that but if your boss or another staff member hears then you had to do it.

When I saw kids trying to sneak in and play me for a fool though, I’d make it my mission to foil their plans though.

I was generally in the projection room putting the films on though.

I generally don’t care about sneaking in and that but if your boss or another staff member hears then you had to do it.

When I saw kids trying to sneak in and play me for a fool though, I’d make it my mission to foil their plans though.

I fuuuuuuuuuuuuucken loved that s**t. It made me feel like a big cop. (well we do have radios)

Kicked some out of Exorcist (radioed Box office for tickets sold), noticed a guy come out of a sesh... was "loitering around the candy bar... then.. oh wow he wanders back into another cinema! Chucked him out...

Noticed even a couple kids get handed something by a guy (couldnt see what it was)... 5 mins later.. aaaah tickets to Chopper. "Can i see some ID please?" "Umm they checked our ID at the box office! Um no i saw a guy hand you these tickets..." /face stunned.

If you wanna sneak into an 18+ maybe dont get the guy to hand you the tickets right there in the foyer.

Haha I told them after surely they can find somewhere better to do it than a public place like the cinemas.

I was generally in the projection room putting the films on though.

I used to go to the movies sometimes instead of Uni. Go to an early session and then look around at other theaters afterwards and catch another movie. This was a pretty quiet movie theatre during the day (mainly old ducks and special needs people with their helper) and the movies were around the corner from the foyer so easy to sneak in once you've paid for a movie. Couple of times an usher would come in and they never said anything - one guy kicked me out of the gold class section because he wanted to clean it, so i moved to the normal seats (obviously no-one had brought a gold class ticket). Reckon i did it 20 odd times over a couple of years. Did 3 in one day once.

I used to go to the movies sometimes instead of Uni. Go to an early session and then look around at other theaters afterwards and catch another movie. This was a pretty quiet movie theatre during the day (mainly old ducks and special needs people with their helper) and the movies were around the corner from the foyer so easy to sneak in once you've paid for a movie. Couple of times an usher would come in and they never said anything - one guy kicked me out of the gold class section because he wanted to clean it, so i moved to the normal seats (obviously no-one had brought a gold class ticket). Reckon i did it 20 odd times over a couple of years. Did 3 in one day once.
I mean the ushers can’t be everywhere. The cinemas started cutting down on staff during the day so the usher was expected to clean cinemas and tear tickets but that’s very hard to do both and know everyone who comes in.

It looked like a Tom Hanks Oscar vehicle. Was it?
Nah it’s not pretentious or anything. I thought it might be boring but was actually pretty entertaining, had gunfights etc and plot never got bogged down.

Wouldn’t think the academy would love it. He’s good but his character is pretty reserved - the girl steals the show.

But the score annoyed me cos I ******* hate banjos and they never stopped playing!!😅

Ready or not

Really enjoyed it. It's a comedy horror that was a bit of fun. An attractive young ex home and away star marries into a very wealthy family, only to discover they enjoy playing extreme versions of childrens games on the wedding night. Fun times and death ensue in her version of hide and seek.

Is on Disney plus as part of the new star package. Next up, finally watching alien.

Ready or not

Really enjoyed it. It's a comedy horror that was a bit of fun. An attractive young ex home and away star marries into a very wealthy family, only to discover they enjoy playing extreme versions of childrens games on the wedding night. Fun times and death ensue in her version of hide and seek.

Is on Disney plus as part of the new star package. Next up, finally watching alien.
Loving the New star package - that library will keep me busy for some time.

Palm Springs

Palm_Springs_poster.jpeg

This is one of those rare movies that left me feeling a little hollow when it was over. It pulled me in hard, like I got stuck in my own time loop with my 15 year old self. Bittersweet. Starts as a comedy that works and it funny, slowly introduces drama, before switching gear to full romantic drama suddenly, somehow beautifully balanced. Cast is great. Score music is really great. Story is nothing original but executed with such finesse it don't matter. There's maybe a few things I had issues with, it wasn't so much a problem with it's making as much as it was an example of how much I got invested in this story and cared for the people and situations in them.

9/10

Kingsman - The Golden Circle - Disneys new Star platform

If you approach this movie with he understanding it has cartoon elements then you shouldnt be upset

Starts off very fast paced and doesnt slow down much at all while referencing the 1st movie.

Only real criticism is it could have had 20 minutes chopped off and still been a good romp

8/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingsman - The Golden Circle - Disneys new Star platform

If you approach this movie with he understanding it has cartoon elements then you shouldnt be upset

Starts off very fast paced and doesnt slow down much at all while referencing the 1st movie.

Only real criticism is it could have had 20 minutes chopped off and still been a good romp

8/10
Very poor sequel to the first to be fair. I’m excited for the new one which should be coming out... at some point... maybe 😬.

There’s a lot that’s still pending pandemic and it’s really frustrating now.

I care a lot.

Absolutely brilliant semi crime caper/con man story that lampoons the guardianship saga in the US.

Pike and Gonzalez are great (Rosamund Pike is a treasure in all things) and Dinklage and Wiest are too, bonus points for a cheeky scene stealing cameo from Chris Messina too. Loved it including the twist.

9/10

I care a lot.

Absolutely brilliant semi crime caper/con man story that lampoons the guardianship saga in the US.

Pike and Gonzalez are great (Rosamund Pike is a treasure in all things) and Dinklage and Wiest are too, bonus points for a cheeky scene stealing cameo from Chris Messina too. Loved it including the twist.

9/10

When you seeing TLT?

Palm Springs

Palm_Springs_poster.jpeg

This is one of those rare movies that left me feeling a little hollow when it was over. It pulled me in hard, like I got stuck in my own time loop with my 15 year old self. Bittersweet. Starts as a comedy that works and it funny, slowly introduces drama, before switching gear to full romantic drama suddenly, somehow beautifully balanced. Cast is great. Score music is really great. Story is nothing original but executed with such finesse it don't matter. There's maybe a few things I had issues with, it wasn't so much a problem with it's making as much as it was an example of how much I got invested in this story and cared for the people and situations in them.

9/10

Initially you'd think with Andy Samberg it's a goofy comedy that doesn't do anything new but it's better than that. The scene in JK Simmons' house was exceptional. A pleasant discovery on Prime.

The Call

When two of the biggest names from two of the biggest horror franchises of the last 20 or so years get together you would think the result would be pretty good. But in fact it's spectacularly bad. Avoid. 3/10

Initially you'd think with Andy Samberg it's a goofy comedy that doesn't do anything new but it's better than that. The scene in JK Simmons' house was exceptional. A pleasant discovery on Prime.
I think you could tell from the understated marketing and that that there would be more to it. The minimalist poster and that. Brilliant movie.

Imagine if it was like Seth Rogen or something and it would just be an endless parade of gross out stoner humour with people looking silly straight toward the camera on the cover.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Call

When two of the biggest names from two of the biggest horror franchises of the last 20 or so years get together you would think the result would be pretty good. But in fact it's spectacularly bad. Avoid. 3/10
Whats it about.

Is it like you are trying to make a call.. and the call is forever on hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back