AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearing reports Taylah discovered she much prefers dishing it out rather than getting it back and didn't take at all well to getting it back (both physically and in the form of the captain's notoriously sharp tongue) in degrees several levels higher than she thought "fair".

Tldr had a massive sook after Grace bashed her then Emma told her all about how Grace bashed her.

I think you're reading it all wrong. Taylah had just copped a heavy hit when she ploughed headfirst into a stationary Viv Saad's knee. Nurse Grace was just offering up her best bedside manner and suggesting she seek treatment on the other side of the fence.

The umpiring is a funny one for me because I see what you see. However, my oldest son umpires in the juniors & when he watches with me he patiently explains what the umpire is trained to look for & how my perspective is through shinbonervision.

Trust me, your son is almost certainly correct, SH.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

She has a crack despite being a bit undersized as a ruck option. She plays her role every week without much fuss or fanfare.

If we’re expecting Viv to provide anything approaching silky skills, we will be sadly disappointed. However, if we’re prepared to appreciate a strong bodied player giving her absolute all and always making a contest, then Viv is your woman. She is the most honest player going around - that’s including the male version. From an “old school” point of view, that’s something to be celebrated.

She, also, has a happy knack of getting herself into space. Unfortunately, that tends to expose her skill/disposal deficiencies sometimes. However, she’s not on her lonesome in that department, in fairness.

For obvious reasons, the AFLW players are playing catch-up in in the pure ball skills and disposal department. This area will clearly improve as the game matures and the women get more opportunities to focus on that side of the game. From a North perspective, I’d like to think our coaches are giving Viv some serious one-on-one kicking skills tutelage. If ever a player was crying out for some help, it’s Viv. She strikes me as the type of person who could really improve very quickly and benefit from some targeted support. You’d have to think our coaching staff would be all over this already?

For obvious reasons, the AFLW players are playing catch-up in in the pure ball skills and disposal department. This area will clearly improve as the game matures and the women get more opportunities to focus on that side of the game. From a North perspective, I’d like to think our coaches are giving Viv some serious one-on-one kicking skills tutelage. If ever a player was crying out for some help, it’s Viv. She strikes me as the type of person who could really improve very quickly and benefit from some targeted support. You’d have to think our coaching staff would be all over this already?

I know she was doing extra work under Scotty specifically on her kicking.

I think with Viv she does very good stuff and then some glaring errors. It’s a bit glass half full/empty situation. Also she isn’t helped by umpiring that seems to go against her in 50/50 calls. Her size and physical game is at odds with protecting the smaller players.

I think with Viv she does very good stuff and then some glaring errors. It’s a bit glass half full/empty situation. Also she isn’t helped by umpiring that seems to go against her in 50/50 calls. Her size and physical game is at odds with protecting the smaller players.

Her glaring errors, obviously, cop the most flak. However, for mine, it’s when she lines up for goal that her deficiency is most stark. Her set shot in the last quarter was an absolute shocker - even though it, actually, culminated in a goal. For some bizarre reason she reminds me of a young Corey McKernan - if he had never been taught how to kick properly in his formative years.

The commentary was next level woeful. You nailed it. I almost spat out my food when he told me that Carlton won the first quarter with zero score to our two goals.

Commentators seem to think they have to choose a team and call the game one-sided. It is infuriating because it is rarely us.

Do they realise we are watching and know that what they are saying has very little connection with what we are seeing?
I actually agree with the commentators regarding the first quarter, we scored our two goals inside the first three minutes, but Carlton dominated the field position for the remainder of the quarter. I think credit goes to our defensive group for holding them scoreless considering they had almost double the inside 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah she does most thing well by getting the ball but just a few decision making brainfades

I actually agree with the commentators regarding the first quarter, we scored our two goals inside the first three minutes, but Carlton dominated the field position for the remainder of the quarter. I think credit goes to our defensive group for holding them scoreless considering they had almost double the inside 50s.

I get what they were trying to say but it ended up being nonsense. I would accept the statement that Carlton played the better footy for most of the first quarter but North won the quarter with two early goals to no score. If you are in front on the scoreboard at the end of the first quarter, where wind is a non factor, you win the quarter.

Tldr had a massive sook after Grace bashed her then Emma told her all about how Grace bashed her.

Kearney is like Andrew Swallow as a player - dogged, courageous and 100% effort 100% time - but with the added bonus of some David King verbal.

It's a great combination for leading the troops.

If we’re expecting Viv to provide anything approaching silky skills, we will be sadly disappointed. However, if we’re prepared to appreciate a strong bodied player giving her absolute all and always making a contest, then Viv is your woman. She is the most honest player going around - that’s including the male version. From an “old school” point of view, that’s something to be celebrated.

She, also, has a happy knack of getting herself into space. Unfortunately, that tends to expose her skill/disposal deficiencies sometimes. However, she’s not on her lonesome in that department, in fairness.

I love her, but it's frustrating when she doesn't clunk the easy ones. She does all the hard work to get free or in front, had an almost uncontested mark and just fumbles it.

If she can just mark the easy ones, she'd be a star.

Respectfully, "winning" is not possession or field position or inside 50s. It is, by definition, scoring more than the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back