• 5 - 8

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • 9 - 12

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • 13 - 18

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Geelong and Collingwood play in Perth during their 'quarantine'? They could give Freo a couple of home games afterwards in similar circumstances and by round 4 the border situation should be more straightforward?

McGowan's won the election already anyway, so doesn't need to get more votes by hating easterners! Ease up you mad bastard!

Lol Reiwoldt and Buckley would love a flag on their resumes but saying they would swap careers with Morton is ******* laughable

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Some blokes play footy for the personal glory and others want to win a premiership.

Reiwoldt and Buckley are both on record as saying they'd give back any personal accolades for a premiership.

To suggest it's laughable is ******* laughable.

Didn't Geelong and Collingwood play in Perth during their 'quarantine'? They could give Freo a couple of home games afterwards in similar circumstances and by round 4 the border situation should be more straightforward?

McGowan's won the election already anyway, so doesn't need to get more votes by hating easterners! Ease up you mad bastard!
My thoughts are that Freo and West Coast should relocate until the germophobe is happy. They can play their home games in Sydney. Apparently he is happy by March the 13th for borders to reopen providing we get doughnuts or the cases are already isolating like today. Regardless hard to run a comp that just one case to pop up anywhere and mark shuts up shop. Shouldn't even know the campaigners name.

Also * you Andy Maher for suggesting Essendon vs Hawthorn at marvel swap with dees vs freo. I pay for a premium membership which gets me a good seat at the MCG. When we play at marvel that goes away. So either give me my good seat or piss off.

Some blokes play footy for the personal glory and others want to win a premiership.

Reiwoldt and Buckley are both on record as saying they'd give back any personal accolades for a premiership.

Lol. That is because they are HOF players

Do you think they would swap their careers, earnings and the opportunities post footy for a premiership, being delisted by 3 clubs and finished from the game at 25?

I get the point you are trying to make, you just made a bad example

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely off track now, so if Riewoldt hadn't been given personal accolades you wouldn't rate him as a player at all? Or only premiership players can't be rated as good players.

Same as a coach, just because your team shits the bed on one day at the end of September that doesn't mean you weren't a great coach.

John Worsfold won a premiership with the Eagles, was in charge when they're culture fell apart and has really done stuff all with his career since. I Ross Lyon is a much better coach

Mick Malthouse took the pies to back to back GFs in 02,03. He doesn't get a flag for it but especially 02 when Collingwood nearly won, you'd have to be an idiot to say Malthouse didn't out coach Matthews that season.

Objectively you should be able to judge someone's career without one day defining it.

Completely off track now, so if Riewoldt hadn't been given personal accolades you wouldn't rate him as a player at all? Or only premiership players can't be rated as good players.

Same as a coach, just because your team shits the bed on one day at the end of September that doesn't mean you weren't a great coach.

John Worsfold won a premiership with the Eagles, was in charge when they're culture fell apart and has really done stuff all with his career since. I Ross Lyon is a much better coach

Mick Malthouse took the pies to back to back GFs in 02,03. He doesn't get a flag for it but especially 02 when Collingwood nearly won, you'd have to be an idiot to say Malthouse didn't out coach Matthews that season.

Objectively you should be able to judge someone's career without one day defining it.
Interesting you bring up that 02/03 Collingwood team. I remember Mick saying this was his favourite playing group. I think probably gave the all for the coach. 02 was an interesting year certainly one of the most open imo, I don't think it was port and Brisbane daylight then the rest but that Collingwood team going over to football park and rolling port Adelaide in the qualifying final was a mighty effort and probably one of malthouses best wins as a coach. Obviously had partnerships under his belt but that west coast was amazing. I also remember that game with fondness because of the deal with the mcg with finals. Instead of Melbourne needing to travel to Adelaide (potentially twice) we got to play Adelaide at the mcg despite it being Adelaides home game meanwhile the bombers who should have got Collingwood at the mcg now had to face port in Adelaide.

Interesting you bring up that 02/03 Collingwood team. I remember Mick saying this was his favourite playing group. I think probably gave the all for the coach. 02 was an interesting year certainly one of the most open imo, I don't think it was port and Brisbane daylight then the rest but that Collingwood team going over to football park and rolling port Adelaide in the qualifying final was a mighty effort and probably one of malthouses best wins as a coach. Obviously had partnerships under his belt but that west coast was amazing. I also remember that game with fondness because of the deal with the mcg with finals. Instead of Melbourne needing to travel to Adelaide (potentially twice) we got to play Adelaide at the mcg despite it being Adelaides home game meanwhile the bombers who should have got Collingwood at the mcg now had to face port in Adelaide.
Yeah on paper that Collingwood side has no right to get near Brisbane, in fact arguably we were better on paper aswell than the pies.
But that was one hell of a team.

Yeah on paper that Collingwood side has no right to get near Brisbane, in fact arguably we were better on paper aswell than the pies.
But that was one hell of a team.
Yes Melbourne's best completely thumping Brisbane after half time up in the gabba. Melbourne's worst losing to Richmond who were on a 7 game losing streak. I think we had a decent win against port early season as well. You just didn't know what Melbourne would show up that year. Wr alsi had a shocker in queens birthday.

Yes Melbourne's best completely thumping Brisbane after half time up in the gabba. Melbourne's worst losing to Richmond who were on a 7 game losing streak. I think we had a decent win against port early season as well. You just didn't know what Melbourne would show up that year. Wr alsi had a shocker in queens birthday.
Unfortunately all the blokes I loved from that era just weren't consistent.
Blokes like Bruce, Yze, Green, Vardy, Brown, Johnstone etc. They weren't multiple AAs. They just couldn't get it done week in week out.

Lol what?

Where the * have I said any of that?

Stop changing my words

Do you think reiwoldt is happy at the end of his career without a flag?

No, he's not and he's on record as saying he would swap anything for one.

I'm done on this topic
Literally started off by you saying Lyon is a better coach than roos, which I don't necessarily disagree with. Just stated I am not that keen on Lyon coaching us on the back of how he effectively left saints with a squad of s**t, and Freo in pretty ordinary circumstances as well.

I don't know how we ended up talking about the difference in Mitch Morton and Nick reiwoldt swinging dicks

And I don't actually care enough to keep arguing. Even if Goodwin is sacked, can nearly guarantee Lyon won't be the next coach. It will end up more than likely being yze as you said "cos he could possibly be the next Clarkson"

Lol what?

Where the fu** have I said any of that?

Stop changing my words

Do you think reiwoldt is happy at the end of his career without a flag?

No, he's not and he's on record as saying he would swap anything for one.

I'm done on this topic
Literally started off by you saying Lyon is a better coach than roos, which I don't necessarily disagree with. Just stated I am not that keen on Lyon coaching us on the back of how he effectively left saints with a squad of sh*t, and Freo in pretty ordinary circumstances as well.

I don't know how we ended up talking about the difference in Mitch Morton and Nick reiwoldt swinging dicks

And I don't actually care enough to keep arguing. Even if Goodwin is sacked, can nearly guarantee Lyon won't be the next coach. It will end up more than likely being yze as you said "cos he could possibly be the next Clarkson"
I don't like the coaching system in Australia. Laying out my frustrations

Think we’ll finish somewhere between 5-10, might change my prediction after round 1 if I see something different from the last couple of years.

Just hope this season is actually enjoyable as a dees fan, that’s a sad thought isn’t it?

We'll start well with a mostly small / mid sized forward line with Tmac starring. Then when Brown and Weid are back, we will turn to pus playing those two plus Tmac and Jackson all in the same forward line all the time. We'll finally go back to two tall forwards for the remaining couple of games and regain our balance only to miss the finals by percentage

Who knows for sure with this mob?

I suspect that our best probably gets us somewhere around 6th and our worst is bottom 4.

Backline is good. Midfield looks good on paper albeit with Viney and Brayshaw under injury clouds. Forward line looks exceptionally s**t given the injuries (but this is usually compounded by s**t use from the midfield).

If we have a new game plan and the players’ confidence, resilience and skill level is up; we have enough weapons to cause problems for most other teams. But who could ever trust this mob?

Ross Lyon can never be considered a coaching great without a premiership to his name. It’s ridiculous to say otherwise. The fact that he ‘got close’ a few times just underlines his inadequacy. I would rather punt on an Yze than risk going down a path beaten by two clubs who came up short and who’s lists were then left in the wilderness by Lyon for a decade. He’s yesterday’s man and yesterday’s failure.

Also, these comparisons between coaches and players vis-a-vis premiership success are bogus. You can clearly be an average player who got lucky in a flag winning side, whereas very few if any average coaches win premierships. All of them, barring one or two exceptions, have possessed special qualities that set them apart from the pack.

Back