What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a nice big spot free on the back of our jumper they can plaster their logo all over if they want.

That's just a Goofy suggestion 🤪

Josh talking out of his *** here.

"“If that this year is playing that mid-forward-wing, I’m happy to do that so long as we’re winning games and that’s going to help us moving forward"

So last year when we were making finals and the team you wanted a trade to legit fell of a cliff as a group with several of their better players wanting out (Daniher, Saad, McKenna, Fantasia).

Being part of a winning team didn't get any consideration during last years trade period.

My phrasing was a bit harsh, but yes. I'm finding his tone whenever he talks about Dunkley as being quite troubling and a touch unprofessional. A little bit of stewing confusion at some of the strong opinions posted here in me, too.

Yeah it does seem that, at least in the eyes of Bev, Dunks didn't handle this the best. I don't know how valid that is but in believing that, I can absolutely see why he'd be upset.

But...I'm sure everyone here has had experiences where they've disliked or disagreed with a colleague or employee. The expectation is that you maintain professionalism and give them a fair go.

The expectations on Josh Dunkley should be that, irrespective of where he really wants to be right now, he works as hard as everybody else is expected to and commits to the team and club, as a contracted member of the workplace. Similarly, the expectation on Beveridge, as a contracted member of the workplace, should be that he forgives and forgets as far as match committee/review/coaching goes. It's fine to feel that frustration on the inside but I'm concerned from the tone every time he's asked about this that it is maybe interfering with his perception of Dunkley, the footballer.

I suppose, to summarise my concerns - I'm not saying that this is true, but sometimes it feels like anybody who isn't a sycophant is immediately on the outer.

Reasonable, but I thought Bailey Smith was a million times worse until he decided to push himself for a quarter of football at the end, for example. Not to single out Bailey, but I (a) find this idea that Dunkley needs to "prove himself" more than other players to be nonsensical; and (b) think he was hardly alone in not having the best game.
Not a sycophant????? Harsh on the rest of the players ie they are all sycophants??

On 7 News coming up Tim Watson "The Bulldog under the pump from coach Luke Beveridge" with footage of Dunks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton reckons Bailey Williams is the big improver over the preseason. The guy who improved more than any others in 2020 is apparently hitting the next level..

Pretty excited about that, one of the most improved players in the league taking another step up the following season?

That depends on Dunkley's form warranting it.
This draft is said be high-quality and midfielder heavy, if the Zac Merrett FA compo pick is 4 or 5 I suspect that would be enough by itself.

I'd prefer to trade for an established KPD if there are any available, our first rounder can be on the table and any Dunkley first round pick we can take to the draft. Treloar may need to be managed soob, ditto Libba, and Dunkley out means another quality mid would be a good thing. Bailey Smith to FT mid and fingers crossed Vandermeer and McNeill can take wing rotations, but one more would be welcome.

Lipinski would surely come in to play in this situation too. Even if we were out Dunkley, and Libba through injury, our starting midfield could look like

Hunter Bont Smith
English Macrae Treloar
West up forward but can drop back, Lipinski on the interchange

Last edited:
Frankly, I find the Dunkley stuff quite petulant and incomprehensibly immature. I feel as disappointed as anyone but this is bizarre behaviour.
Bev seems a heart and soul man. That can go two ways. Just gotta take the good with the bad.

Rather Bev's approach than Macartneys media BS and then bullying behind closed doors...rather a Bev flag than a Macca s**t show too

Bev seems a heart and soul man. That can go two ways. Just gotta take the good with the bad.

Rather Bev's approach than Macartneys media BS and then bullying behind closed doors...rather a Bev flag than a Macca sh*t show too
I can never forgive BMac for what he said to Liam Jones.
I would have left the club too. In other workplaces BMac would have been instantly dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back