Discussion West Coast to Wear Sekem Made Jumpers in Early 2021

Hey FJGD,

I think it's now come to the point of a separate discussion on West Coast and Castore going into 2021.

The rumour is Castore have lost their container full of West Coast PI's and player/coach merch somewhere on a ship.

We have seen West Coast in full ISC gear in practise matches and the first official pre season game is around the corner so I think its highly likely ISC gear is being worn.

Given the appealing standard of the retails (not sure why they don't wear them in the game) it's probably for the best - but it does raise some interesting questions.

- What does it do for ISC?
- What does it do for Castore?
- What does it do for footy jumper history if they swap after 3 rounds?
- What does it do for the contract between the two parties? (If one half of a contract doesn't meet the requirements of said contract - it does raise valid termination points - although that would be much harder when it comes to AFL uniforms)

I do think it's very telling they haven't taped over the ISC logo, almost as if they are making a point.

Over to you folks.

Oct 5, 2017
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
What's weird about the Eagles and Castore situation is how they've been unable to get PI guernseys, polos and so on from the manufacturer, yet the 2 NRL teams who are with Castore, the Melbourne Storm and the Sydney Roosters have been wearing Castore apparel for in the case of the latter, months. I wouldn't rule out that behind the scenes there has been a falling out between the two parties or that Castore might be prioritizing the NRL clubs over West Coast. The former might explain why the Eagles are still wearing ISC gear

West Coast were announced to be with Castore a fair while later than the NRL clubs, right?

Oct 27, 2016
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
‘e said they fell of the side of a boat.
Last known image of the container before being loaded. We have word that Freight Train is already conducting a thorough search of the Indian Ocean as we speak.
CASTORE ochre shipping container.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Jul 14, 2014
Liverpool // Ferrari
Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
Portsmouth
Sep 18, 2016
I have some doubts about this, coaches/players are wearing Castore polos now. So some player stuff has been delivered..
They didn't start wearing them until the Audi Centre Perth partnership was announced a couple of weeks ago as the polos have the Audi Centre Perth branding on them.

As for the club not covering up the ISC logo thats just probably just incompetence from the club. ISC hardly deserve to be sticking around on Eagles gear, they terminated the contract between them and Eagles lol

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
I'll tell you what is does if they wear ISC the first 3 rounds and Castore the rest - $$$$$.

Club will flog off the ISC at auction or they will get leaked and will cost an absolute bomb for collectors on the open market. They will then flog off the Castore ones and they will go for even more being the first year they are worn.

Hey FJGD,

I think it's now come to the point of a separate discussion on West Coast and Castore going into 2021.

The rumour is Castore have lost their container full of West Coast PI's and player/coach merch somewhere on a ship.

We have seen West Coast in full ISC gear in practise matches and the first official pre season game is around the corner so I think its highly likely ISC gear is being worn.

Given the appealing standard of the retails (not sure why they don't wear them in the game) it's probably for the best - but it does raise some interesting questions.

- What does it do for ISC?
- What does it do for Castore?
- What does it do for footy jumper history if they swap after 3 rounds?
- What does it do for the contract between the two parties? (If one half of a contract doesn't meet the requirements of said contract - it does raise valid termination points - although that would be much harder when it comes to AFL uniforms)

I do think it's very telling they haven't taped over the ISC logo, almost as if they are making a point.

Over to you folks.

fegz222

Aug 6, 2020
I have a mate who’s looking to offload some Castore jerseys, ‘e said they fell of the side of a boat.

(But seriously who loses a shipping container?)

cc9162221f6fdc19e0f41f9af40db6c3.jpg

The front of the shop probably fell off. But I’d just like to point out that this is not typical, and that these ships are built to rigorous maritime standards.

OWAAT69

Aug 4, 2020
A quick visit to Best & Less would solve the problem.

Then both WA sides can say they've been kitted out by Sekem
Good Stir ! The on-field player quality Sekem provide to Fremantle is a lot higher quality than what you get at best and less. Remember Sekem have been making guernseys for decades not like other Johnny come lately, although some Johnny come lately's gear looks the goods. The product and designs may look a little boring, you'll find come match day the on-field guernseys are tough and perform well !

Mar 13, 2006
Perth Central
NY Giants, UM Wolverines
Didn't we have this exact same issue when we started off with ISC?

Remember being at the draft and seeing our two top picks in Brander and Allen being dressed by 1998 version of ISC.

I just it was kinda ironic considering we probably have enough money in chain to buy the whole company outright.

LeeARM

May 11, 2008
In the 2016 pre season, Essendon's top up players wore retail jumpers that had been taken in to fit and stitched in GPS pockets. If West Coast have the retail jumpers, they could do that.

Ryan+Crowley+Zach+Merrett+6uKmyr8dmH7m.jpg

The Victorian

Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
Gold Coast
Storm, Western Utd
I’m surprised they haven’t asked a local company to make up jumpers and put the Castore logo under the collar like we saw with Port for training jumpers last season

Imagine if they won the flag in 2019 and were still rocking a gold AFL logo haha

But all jokes aside - this is a very interesting development