Banter TRTT Part 11: Ghosts n Sh..tuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to include "cis" in my broad statement

Just off the top of my head...

Did you want to defend or deny the wealth disparity between white people and POC?
Equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? Show me a specific instance where someone as been denied an opportunity based on their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation and I'll support your stand against it. Just because someone has something that someone else doesn't have but wants doesn't make that person a victim.

Deny the systemic racism built in the police system?
Prove that it exists - just claiming "systemic racism" exists doesn't make it so. Police (as a group) simply ARE NOT going around arresting people based on their race, religion or sexual orientation. Individual occurrences of racist behavior exist within the police fraternity but it is by far and away the exception rather than the norm. Where it does exist it should be (and usually is) dealt with accordingly. An overwhelming majority of law enforcement officials are decent, fair, honorable, helpful and understanding individuals just doing their job.

Did you want to defend or deny the failings of LGBTQ rights?
Name the failings?

What about the treatment towards immigrants?
What about it?

Oh I know I know, Portland
and?

Hmmm, I've never tried the tank. Would probably be easier to get the tank in Aus than the gun.

True story: Back in the early 70s’ my family and I travelled from the US to Australia to visit my grandmother. When we arrived at customs in Sydney they asked my dad if he had anything to declare. He said “Yes, I’ve got a hand gun”, the customs officer replied “You mean, you HAD a hand gun”. My father replied “No I have one – it’s in my carry-on” (my father had a license for it). Security officers came from all directions and shuffled my father into a private room for an hour or so leaving my mom, brother and I outside wondering what the heck was happening to dad. They finally let us go, kept the gun and shipped it to Adelaide where we had to collect it. A couple of months later we returned home and landed in San Francisco. Same thing with customs “do you have anything to declare?”, “yes I have a hand gun”. This time the customs officer asked if he could see it so my dad pulls it out of his carry-on bag and hands it to the officer. The officer looks it over, hands it back to my dad and says “That’s a REALLY nice gun. Have a nice day sir”.

When I went to high school (semi-rural US town) I drove an old pickup truck with gun rack in the back window which typically stored a shot gun, deer rifle and small game rifle. How times have changed.

Guns are awesome, but unfortunately people aren't.

He didn’t like to hunt, he said where’s the sport in that? I’ll shoot no beast unless he’s wearing a baseball cap.

You tell em Johnny Dowd

moby dick should be the only book they publish because it rocks and is extremely gay.

That sounds like a Malbun fella I have beers with every now and then.

Sport?

How else do you think kangaroo meat is a thing?

They don't grow em on farms.

Every single kangaroo that anyone has ever eaten has been because someone shot it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I don’t eat it.

Nothing to do with guns. Too gamey for my refined taste buds.

But on hunting, how many would do it if the targets were shooting back? Obviously a rhetorical question. Seems like such a gutless pointless pastime to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t eat it.

But on hunting, how many would do it if the targets were shooting back? Obviously a rhetorical question. Seems like such a gutless pointless pastime to me.

I'm against trophy hunting but props to those who can hunt their own food, kill ethically and not waste any of it.
Buying your meat in a nice shrink-wrapped package from the freezer department because you don't like the mess isn't any more honourable.

Guns have no place in an urban environment. Automatic and assault weapons really have no place in either an urban OR rural environment.

Guns are a strange one, as an equaliser for women etc. I can see the benefit.
Reality doesn't quite work that way though.

I'm against trophy hunting but props to those who can hunt their own food, kill ethically and not waste any of it.
Buying your meat in a nice shrink-wrapped package from the freezer department because you don't like the mess isn't any more honourable.

Yeah I get animals have to be killed so I can eat them but killing for fun/sport is what I’m against. I’m not a fisherman but it doesn’t stop me eating * out of the tasty little suckers.

So their only benefit is for domestic violence?
Was thinking more of feeling safe walking alone down the street.
A man can overpower them easily physically, with a weapon the balance shifts.

Yeah I get animals have to be killed so I can eat them but killing for fun/sport is what I’m against. I’m not a fisherman but it doesn’t stop me eating fu** out of the tasty little suckers.

I dont think there's anything wrong in getting some enjoyment out of the hunt if that's what you're there to do, but yeah obviously there's a line there which is trophy hunting. People that wanna shoot big exotic animals are the worst.

I don’t eat it.

Maybe, but not all hunting is a passtime. Some of it is an industry. I like kangaroo. Then there's protecting the things that might appeal to your taste from predators.

But, on how many would do it if the target were shooting back? I don't know, last I checked the Aus army has a force of around 50k.

I dont think there's anything wrong in getting some enjoyment out of the hunt if that's what you're there to do, but yeah obviously there's a line there which is trophy hunting. People that wanna shoot big exotic animals are the worst.
Pig hunters take pride in not using firearms and instead have dogs that maul them before they go in with a knife to finish it off.

Ain't no argument that could ever be made to convince me that that is more humane and those blokes don't have a few issues compared to just using a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back