Training 2021 Pre-season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Funnily enough, I've stopped watching games in the daytime on TV in the last couple of years. I'm enjoying more fiddling in the garage and listening on the radio. I'll usually watch a replay later but losing a Saturday afternoon just watching it on TV leaves me a bit frustrated at wasting the day.

Spot on. I finally graduated from the Crystal Set to the Radio in the early 60s. "Live coverage" on Murdoch or Ch.7 telly is dire.

I'm just wondering. Do we play a reserves game v GWS this weekend as well? It would be great if we do as it would give both squads a chance to have a run around and get some cohesion under match conditions. It would also set the reserves up in their quest to play the Vic sides this season with good match conditioning.

It would also give us a chance to have a look at all players under match conditions and see how they are faring.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think the reserves play before as the gates only open an hour before the game. If they do play however, then you wouldn’t see a lot of the game.

I don’t think the reserves play before as the gates only open an hour before the game. If they do play however, then you wouldn’t see a lot of the game.
2019 I watched the whole scratch match vs GWS at Henson Park. Most enjoyable. Perhaps we'll get the chance later?

The problem with Blakey on the inside is his body. He tends to get very battered and bruised due to his slim frame. Same pkaying KKP. He is better on a wing and proved so in the latter part of last year.

The midfield mix will come down to these guys:

Kennedy, Parker, Hewett, Mills, Florent, Rowbottom, Warner, Gulden, Campbell, Sheather, Clarke, Gray & Taylor.

Other players who may play through there:
Papley, Bell, Wicks, Ronke, Stephens, Cunningham, Lloyd, Dawson, Ling, Rampe. The last two probably not but they are both capable.

There are multiple options in the mids because we have so many players who have been asked to play many different roles over their journey with us. I think we have a very healthy mix. As to Warner. I think he is close to being a permanent mid. He is tough, uncompromising, sharp, a good extractor, delivers the ball well. Can get his own ball and makes his opponent pay. I like him.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Limited viewings of Warner. I like his hardness and attack on the footy. If he continues his trajectory he will be in the mix. Opportunities will be rare - just so many with claims. I really like that we have a mid field mix that is still in flux. I don't like the real reason for that which is that it is still our major weakness. It does mean that we will get to see some of our future champions on show this year in the guts at various times. Bad luck for those not in the team, when things start to click into place.

Robbie Fox out for six weeks with a finger injury! :(

Some people really do just have s**t luck.

Over to you, Matt Ling & Braeden Campbell

Robbie Fox out for six weeks with a finger injury! :(

Some people really do just have sh*t luck.

Over to you, Matt Ling & Braeden Campbell

Of all the injuries to get, that’s not bad. Once it heals that should be it, not like a hamstring or knee or shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of all the injuries to get, that’s not bad. Once it heals that should be it, not like a hamstring or knee or shoulder.

No, but when you've been delisted, given a chance to claim your spot, and have been apparently dominating in match sims over the summer... and you get injured a fortnight out from the start of the season... that's rotten luck.

No, but when you've been delisted, given a chance to claim your spot, and have been apparently dominating in match sims over the summer... and you get injured a fortnight out from the start of the season... that's rotten luck.

I was trying to put a positive spin on it lol. It it lousy timing, if his "competition" steps up he’ll really struggle to come back.

Anyone able to report how Buddy went at training today? Supposedly he's training with the main group?

I would say he drove. Unless he still hasn't got his licence. Then perhaps Uber, or Jacinta gave him a lift.

Fair effort to go through just to watch his team mates train though. Definitely earning his 15% of our entire cap.
That would be how Buddy went TO training, unless you mean he just did donuts on the practice fields

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone able to report how Buddy went at training today? Supposedly he's training with the main group?

(Franklin) split his time between running on his own and joining in team drills.... moved freely, running strides, taking shots at goal and ultimately taking part in ball movement drills.
He ran at close to top speed.

I would say he drove. Unless he still hasn't got his licence. Then perhaps Uber, or Jacinta gave him a lift.

Fair effort to go through just to watch his team mates train though. Definitely earning his 15% of our entire cap.
Buddy should get a pay rise. Doesn’t just watch his teammates at training but pretends to kick the ball.

313F9224-88DD-4DDA-946D-98FEE3AFF94F.jpeg

Fair dinkum no one can be pleased. Finally a picture of Buddy doing something other than wearing a training shirt and watching from the stands, and two of the first comments include an assumption on where the kick went based on a still image and a remark on how little he did based on his watch.

Fair dinkum no one can be pleased. Finally a picture of Buddy doing something other than wearing a training shirt and watching from the stands, and two of the first comments include an assumption on where the kick went based on a still image and a remark on how little he did based on his watch.

That picture was photo shopped.
Someone put a footy in Bud's hands in place of the bin.

Don't forget he's also overweight now while we are all Jason Stathams.

That would be how Buddy went TO training, unless you mean he just did donuts on the practice fields
I reckon he was sooo pumped to be back at training ,, not only did he kick the leather off the ball, but did donuts on arrival and departure

ps.. for anyone that hasn't done a donut in a paddock,, go and do one,, too much fun
edit.. maybe Jacinta was soo pumped to get him out of the house, she was doing donuts after she dropped him off??

I reckon he was sooo pumped to be back at training ,, not only did he kick the leather off the ball, but did donuts on arrival and departure

ps.. for anyone that hasn't done a donut in a paddock,, go and do one,, too much fun
edit.. maybe Jacinta was soo pumped to get him out of the house, she was doing donuts after she dropped him off??

Joke’s on her. Now she has to take the garbage out herself.

Just a note: do not do it on my paddocks. Caught a couple of guys sneaking onto my property. Did some dois. I shot out two tyres so they could not escape. Walked down and said pay me for the damage otherwise you do not get your car back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back