Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Justify what?

Rape culture is a sociological concept for a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. Behaviors commonly associated with rape culture include victim blaming, ****-shaming, sexual objectification, trivializing rape, denial of widespread rape, refusing to acknowledge the harm caused by sexual violence, or some combination of these.

Over the course of the last month, it was revealed that the LNP were:
  • engaged in a year-long rape cover-up for the purpose of political expediency
  • pressuring victims to stay silent - as expressed by the victim herself in feeling coerced into choosing between reporting the rape and her career
  • trivialising rape ('he said, she said')
  • victim-blaming ('young women finding themselves in vulnerable situations')
  • denial of rape ('lying pig')
  • refusing to acknowledge the harm caused by sexual violence ('suck it up')
That's without even mentioning Porter's rape allegations, 'unacceptable conduct' with young staffers and history of misogyny. By any metric, the Federal LNP is an organisation that promotes rape culture.

Educate yourself before you waste any more of my time.

i didn't ask you to provide the bigots definition

i wanted actual evidence, facts and logic to substantiate the ludicrous premise. Or it just another false allegation
whats next, ranting about toxic masculinity..because you said so

take your hate speech back down to the basement where it belongs

Last edited:
Turnbull did appear to cast doubt on whether the woman committed suicide (as in died by other means) when interviewed on abc. I thought that was a strange line - even the ABC reporter said that theres not been a suggestion that death was caused by anything other than suicide, turnbull went on to repeat his doubt over the suicide.

Yeah that was weird, do we know how she ended her life yet?

Turnbull did appear to cast doubt on whether the woman committed suicide (as in died by other means) when interviewed on abc. I thought that was a strange line - even the ABC reporter said that theres not been a suggestion that death was caused by anything other than suicide, turnbull went on to repeat his doubt over the suicide.

Exactly - very weird. Surely he must know some other details to even think of making such a statement?

i didn't ask you to provide the bigots definition
That is the definition. Check Oxford, Collins - whatever dictionary you wish. Is there some alternative non-bigots definition?

i wanted actual evidence, facts and logic to substantiate the ludicrous premise. Or it just another false allegation
All the examples I gave you to support the premise were either facts as they have been reported or direct quotes from LNP ministers themselves. Assuming you have the necessary mental acuity, do some reading and confirm for yourself.

whats next, ranting about toxic masculinity..because you said so

take your hate speech back down to the basement where it belongs

Complain about 'toxic masculinity' and 'false allegations' all you wish but the world has changed. This is not some niche SJW echo-chamber. 'Me too' was the first online movement to effect real widespread change with regards to victims of sexual assault being empowered to come forward to tell their stories of abuse. Grace Tame is Australian of the Year. And an ex-LNP staffer and deceased woman have shaken the once 'invincible' Morrison government to the core - despite a largely ineffectual Federal opposition.

You are a derisible relic of a bygone era. Your once swinging dick is now flaccid and impotent.

What evidence are you referring to in this particular case?
Over what?

The complainant has not made a police statement, cannot be interviewed as she has died, the alleged offender has denied the allegation; there is no forensic evidence, no witnesses, no crime scene and no CCTV.

There is no case, which is why police shut the file without interviewing Porter as there was nothing of substance to put to him.

You are in the wrong thread. Innocent until proven guilty? No. Guilty until proved innocent? No. Accused, therefore must be punished.

The only legal relevance to the police file is if there was something of substance to put to him that for some reason was not. But I don't think think this has been suggested.

Exactly - very weird. Surely he must know some other details to even think of making such a statement?

I suppose he may be being technical (as in there is possibly going to be an inquiry by the coroner) but he should have been more precise in what he was saying.

Inappropriate behaviour of what nature?

Over what?

The complainant has not made a police statement, cannot be interviewed as she has died, the alleged offender has denied the allegation; there is no forensic evidence, no witnesses, no crime scene and no CCTV.

There is no case, which is why police shut the file without interviewing Porter as there was nothing of substance to put to him.
Yep, ofcourse that’s all true. However, the complainant spoke with the police on 5 occasions so they must have gathered some information. Surely the police would be wise to then at least speak with the accused?
Do the police only pursue inquiries if a police statement has been made? Is that standard practice?

I must admit what was the point of Porter outing himself? THere was no way that this was going to make any media/ political scrutiny go away

He’ll be under pressure to out himself because it was inevitable he would be named and that it takes the light off his colleagues who are not subject of the allegations.

Porter is clearly done in federal politics and probably professional life; he could face civil action down the track.

The govt may well have the enquiry. How on earth they come to a conclusion that satisfies anyone is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's quite true but it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. There just isn't enough evidence for a police investigation.

You believe he did it. Dont you?

You dont know anything at all about what happened, but you believe it.

Because he is on a political side you hate.

But Bill Shorten is innocent until proven guilty.

I assume also that when women call other women cows its the fault of men.

I thought I was a spoiled brat until I met some of them.

In my uni days all the Young "insert political party" groups were the worst.

I liked the skiing group. Their parties on the slopes were so big they were banned from all ski resorts but they still had hundreds of members and threw their parties in Sydney pubs instead.

That is what uni should be.

Something happened to a few people.

What % of the overall population?

If it is 5% - that's pretty significant.

If it is a fraction of a %, that is insignificant. Not insignificant to the people involved, but rare enough that it's not something that every athlete needs to be afraid of.

still a bit confused what your point is? Who cares what the % is?

All I said was that it is a similar issue with what happens in the states? Where there mere fact people are accused of something ruins their lives. Especially with cases of rape/sexual assault.

Last edited:
He’ll be under pressure to out himself because it was inevitable he would be named and that it takes the light off his colleagues who are not subject of the allegations.

Porter is clearly done in federal politics and probably professional life; he could face civil action down the track.

The govt may well have the enquiry. How on earth they come to a conclusion that satisfies anyone is beyond me.

This is what I don't get. What's the point of having the enquiry? just to do it?

The mere fact its suggested means we have little faith in the police or justice system. Do people think the police are corrupt or inept?

This is what I don't get. What's the point of having the enquiry? just to do it?

The mere fact its suggested means we have little faith in the police or justice system. Do people think the police are corrupt or inept?

The ones who hate him and his side of politics want an inquiry. Because it hurts him and his side of politics.

The ones who like him and his side of politics dont want an inquiry. Because it hurts him and his side of politics.

I just want to know what the inquiry would actually do. Request the police reports. Get a statement from him. Then what?

Does everyone who hates him get to line up as a bad character witness despite have zero knowledge of the matter?

Once the independent inquiry is done and no finding is found against him will those calling for it all declare his innocence and say that he did not do it and everyone needs to move on and never mention his name and the word "rape" again?

Not one person anywhere, no matter how simple, would believe that the inquiry would change anyone's mind. Because we all know it would not find anything. Yet many still call for it.

The weird one was no coronial inquiry. I thought all suicides had them. Or have suicides become so common now we no longer feel they need investigating?

The ones who hate him and his side of politics want an inquiry. Because it hurts him and his side of politics.

The ones who like him and his side of politics dont want an inquiry. Because it hurts him and his side of politics.

I just want to know what the inquiry would actually do. Request the police reports. Get a statement from him. Then what?

Does everyone who hates him get to line up as a bad character witness despite have zero knowledge of the matter?

Once the independent inquiry is done and no finding is found against him will those calling for it all declare his innocence and say that he did not do it and everyone needs to move on and never mention his name and the word "rape" again?

Not one person anywhere, no matter how simple, would believe that the inquiry would change anyone's mind. Because we all know it would not find anything. Yet many still call for it.

The weird one was no coronial inquiry. I thought all suicides had them. Or have suicides become so common now we no longer feel they need investigating?

What if there was political interference regarding NSW police not getting a formal statement in a reasonable time frame, despite 2020 being the year of Zoom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back